SMP Pics

hairthere

The first pic is pre (w/ flash), the second post 1 pass (also with flash). The third pic was taken at home (post 2 sessions, sans flash. I will get more pics from Dr. Feller when I visit him next week, and I will also take some outdoor shots....

Thus far I am really very pleased!

DSC_5202.jpg.b4134c331a7e3be5dca2db1102b73b74.jpg

DSC_5241.jpg.7ba819ec8a4ffa9a4dc07e0d1cbc1c59.jpg

5b32d46cd9ad9_Photo134.jpg.c3be2909cad81af9582fdf0a1680bd25.jpg

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

hairthere! awesome, looks very nice! It's like getting another 1,500 grafts. Did you get any work done in the front?

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Thanks guys! This procedure will be huge for guys with diffuse thinning, limited donor supplies, etc. My brother has had no HT work done and it worked out very well for him. I am very excited about the possibilities....

I will continue to update with more pics soon.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I see thnx.

Is that the norm and recommended number of sessions to get the colour right?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm new to this SMP thing. It looks very good and promising for us depleted heads :)

Also how much does this typical procedure cost (2 sessions total)?

feelz, The 2nd session is like a touch up. She goes back and fills in between the previous days' work. She normally does two sessions and told us that a third session possibly a month later would be optimal. The 2-3 sessions are all included in one price I believe. Not really sure on pricing.

thats what is so promising about temporary smp, for guys with advanced hair loss , depleted donars, n new guys, you can fill front half with grafts , and have a combo of grafts and smp to the crown. since there is only a finite amount of grafts available .your case looks amazing, and i know jotronic and spex had temporary smp work done as well.so its good to know that there is another option on the table.

thats what is so promising about temporary smp, for guys with advanced hair loss , depleted donars, n new guys, you can fill front half with grafts , and have a combo of grafts and smp to the crown. since there is only a finite amount of grafts available .your case looks amazing, and i know jotronic and spex had temporary smp work done as well.so its good to know that there is another option on the table.

This is the exact strategy I am looking at (grafts to the front to frame my face, a few into the crown but SMP to give the illusion of density throughout the mid-scalp and crown).

Hairthere,

Congratulations on your recent SMP procedure. When you get a chance, I'd like to see more photos of the result similar to how you took the before photo. The before photo seems to be taken under pretty harsh lighting, given that it makes your hair appear lighter. I suggest presenting a few additional before photos under lighting conditions that aren't as harsh or presenting after photos under harsh lighting condition.

Nonetheless, I'm very pleased that you are happy with the results. Was your SMP procedure done with permanent or temporary ink?

Best wishes,

Bill

snowman, Milena was visiting and stopped by Dr. Feller's office in NY where I had it done.

Bill, Yes, the lighting is different. The first two pictures were taken in Dr. F's office with flash. I will be returning there possibly next week and will have some more pics taken under the same lighting.

That being said, the results are very good, and I have retired the Dermatch for the time being!

I have retired the Dermatch for the time being!

Hallelujah! :D

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 4 weeks later...

This looks incredible! I echo the sentiments of others on this post, regarding the plan to rebuild the hairline and midscalp, and SMP the crown. Almost 2 weeks out of a session with Dr. Rahal of 4k grafts, but we didnt touch the crown. As you can see from the photo, you can see the pattern that I shall evolve to, but holding up pretty well with propecia and about to get on the minoxidil. Hopefully, this may thicken things up a little, or at the very least, hold the situation for as long as possible. But, at 28 years old I dont really want to push on to a 2nd HT just yet, as I still have a fair amount of hair in the crown area and I want to keep as many grafts in the bank for as long as possible, to see how my loss evolves. I really hope that I can explore this option in the crown area, but intend to have my hair at a length slightly longer than the photo. How will this work? Does hair colour play a factor in deciding if SMP is right for the patient? Do you guys feel that it could be appropriate in my case?

Have contacted Spex and am awaiting some feedback. Really excited about the prospect of this treatment. Any feedback would be great guys!

IMG_2158.jpg.c1ed9c4d7dc20033463349f2d0c434fe.jpg

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 4 months later...

Hi hairthere,how's your smp going now?has the colour stayed the same and has anyone noticed you had something done.Im keen to get temp smp to improve my ht result I. The crown so I was following your progress.

Bronte, At this point I would say my SMP has nearly faded completely. I had it done in early September, so I got about 6 months out of it. I did not have a third pass done which Milena recommended, but since she was traveling it was not possible. I also had a lot of sun exposure right after having the procedure which probably didn't help. That being said, I was very happy to not have to use any Dermatch for the past 6 months.

hairthere, hows things?

I'm surprised to hear that things seem to have faded significantly in only 6 months. Whilst I realise that you didn't undergo that 3rd application a month or so later, I would still have expected the ink to be visible at least up until and around the 1 year mark.

So what are you plans from here regarding your own SMP treatment? Will you look at another session?

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Wow, only 6 months..hmmmm. I was under the impression that for the most part you could expect to see a solid 12 months (and in some cases 2 or 3 years) out of the temporary SMP. I know you received your treatment for free (which looked great) but I can’t help but wonder for someone who would have gotten extensive work done (getting their entire head done for a buzzed look for instance) I think they would be extremely disappointed in having it only last 6 months after shelling out some real decent $$$.

Spex maybe you are the best person equipped to answer this as I believe you are working for Milena once again, but for situations like this (really quick fading) is there some kind of discount associated with the next procedure? I’m still confused on the pricing in general..I think I read on a previous thread that after the initial treatment each additional treatment is a lot less. Is that true? For any of the other clinics that plan/are offering this (H&W, SMG, Dr.Lindsey) I’d love to hear how your pricing structure would work and what kind of recourse someone would have in similar situation (premature fading)..I look forward to your responses. Thanks.

Hi,

I will try to to the best of my knowledge. It's unfortunate Hairthere's SMP has faded after 6 months despite him not having the third session and subjecting it to a lot of summer sunlight.

I think over time as more and more patients share their experiences we will be able to gain a better understanding of what best do and dont do to help prolong the treatment. I know shampoos can also cause the SMP to fade too so maybe there is something in that.

I think based on the fact patients subject their SMP to different forces these can/will have an effect. My scar area is still holding strong after 8 months but is well hidden from sunlight so might be helping.

Costs of repeat sessions with Milena Lardi are generally 50% of the original total cost. To try answer your question, knowing Milena she would be only too willing to help a patient if their results were fading faster than expected.

Minoxidil is also a bug fading agent as its alcohol so good idea to avoid that also.

Best

Spex

While none of this sounds optimal, it is way better to have something that looks good and you have to maintain, than to have something that looks crappy and permanent.

I think over time there will be better options available that don't fade is fast or "blue."

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

HTHelp, I think 2-3 years for the temporary is probably a stretch. One year to 18 months with optimal follow-up and care sounds more realistic. My brother, who had the treatment the same time as I did, still has his SMP intact. I was exposed to direct sunlight immediately after having the SMP done (circumstances beyond my control0. I also live in New Jersey as opposed to New York (where my brother lives) and our water is very harsh compared to his. This may have had an effect too perhaps. Also, another guy who had his entire head done by Milena the same day as us is still enjoying his SMP results. He lives in Seattle.

At any rate, my brother and I were so impressed with Milena's product that we are looking into bringing it to the Northeast market. As far as pricing, we want to do our best to make it an affordable option for folks. As soon as we have pricing plans established we will post them here.