Rogaine or lazer

If I were to add another thing into the mix along with Propecia to save my hair and also help to improve future hair growth would you add laser or Rogaine?

Which of the 2 do most people find to be more effective?

I am about 2 weeks post op.

I tried rogaine for about 6 months, made no difference at all. I use a Raymax 21 laser 4 times a week. There are various reports on the effectiveness of using a laser, so i wouldn't want to recommend it, but when using it, i can feel it stimulating the skin, my hair does seem thicker since using it and my transplanted hairs have seen rapid early growth.

Just an observation. Again, don't take it as scientific proof as it's not proven either way. If you are going to get a laser, get the raymax as it has 21 lasers in as opposed to the hairmax ones which have a max of 12 and cost far more.

2800 FUE, Istanbul

rogaine hands down. The reason s2thoudriver didn't see results at 6 months is because that's about as long as it takes for it to just start showing results. Medications such as rogaine and propecia you should use for an entire year before making a final decision on where your results are at, and this should also be looked at by a doctor when you start and when you finish that year.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I truly believe if laser therapy were effective, we would be hearing all kinds of positive feedback about it, especially from women. The reason I say women is because a larger percent of women who suffer from hairloss have the generalized thinning pattern throughout their scalps (see the Ludwig scale for females).

So while there may be some argument for it, I do not see the clinical confirmations (evidence) across the board.

Both Propecia and Rogaine (minoxidil) continue to be the two most effective FDA approved measures for fighting MPB in men.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Ok. I suppose that if Rogaine is going to possibly make me shed some hair at first I may as well start it now during the shock loss phase?

Any recommendations from experience here?

Edited by ronzues

As stated in my previous post and other laser threads, i am not endorsing these products, only going off what i have seen on my own scalp... which is:

a) My ex girlfriend (who didn't know i was using the laser) said (after 3 months using it) how my hair looked thicker and more shiny. This was pre HT

b) My hair growth since my HT has been rapid and the hairs are coming through strong. Plus i've only had 2 pimples, indicating that something... is working to keep the recipient site healthy and also stimulate the follicles.

I am not using rogaine, meds or anything else (apart from vitamins), so make of it what you will.

Just google 'laser raymax' and it comes straight up, for those who wish to invest in a relatively cheap handled laser without blowing big bucks

Regards

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Well I am just keeping my options open and for every one that says it doesn't work I hear from another that says it does.

I didn't say I am buying it but I am researching it and the positive and negative responses help me to make my decision.

Hi Ronzues,

Yes, apologies, it's 19, not 21, quite right.

Again, i am not recommending you buy this product as there are mixed reviews on LLLT (e.g see Spex post above). I'm just giving my feedback based on observations.

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

• 1 month later...

I have been using " The Amazing Hair Brush", a 6 laser comb for 5 years and it has stopped my hair loss and has grown a little hair, nothing significant, but noticeable. So, say BS all you want, it has worked for me.

I still wish there was more research on the subject; especially LLLT in female patients with diffuse miniaturization. It seems like Dr. Friedman performs a lot of in-office LLLT with female hair loss sufferers and it would be interesting to set up an experiment in this type of environment and run a simple randomized control trial with a semi-decent sample size.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.