Hasson 7460 grafts over 2 ops

If you don't know me i'll give you a quick fill in, i'm fairly blunt with my words may occasionally offend people but what i say is the truth you can bet on that i haven't got double standards though i'm as frank about my own hair.

Basically i've had 2 ops by Dr Hasson the first was 5300 grafts 17 and half months ago and the second was 2160 grafts about 6 and half months ago, it has changed my life i'm not saying i'm totally over hair loss but i don't hide away or shy from cameras anymore.

My pictures are on my blog below it's quite well dated and so on so you should know whats going on, as usual my pictures are outside which is the worst place imo for thinning hair it shows up the scalp well giving your hair a thin illusion. Some of the pictures are birds eye pictures straight over the top of my head which also shows up the thin areas it's rare anyone posts these birds eye shots probably for that reason but i want to be completely honest with my photos. Also my hair in these photos is styled for better coverage so that some areas of my hair overlap thin weak areas so don't think i just towel dry it and it looks constantly amazing it's got to placed well for max effect i think all ht patients do the same but it's not really spoken about.

My scar now is much better than last time it just has a little stretch at the back right about 2cm long with a width of about 4mm but i have awkward tough scalp so i'll settle for that.

I cut my hair about a month ago and regretted it straight away it should look better than it does right now but it will grow back.

To sum things up i'm really happy so far and i've still got 6 more months of thickening which may help some of my weaker spots i mentioned but like i say no matter what i can style to cover these areas.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha Ha No Thank you sir! I really appreciate all the help and advice you've given me it's been about ten years i've known you now and it would of been a lot harder without you so thanks.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Bonkers,

Thats a fantastic result so far fella. I have been following yr prgress from yr first op with H & W. I like the fact you call a spade a spade, cant beat a bit of honesty however it comes :cool:

Congrats again and kudos to the Doc :cool:

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Thanks Irish been following yours for a while too just seen your 7 months as I've not been on for while and yours is looking spot on mate I've always been a fan of Feller he's top notch I think the colour looks great too have you thought about using men's straightening irons I reckon it would put great texture in it I'm thinking about trying mine.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Thanks for the comments bonkers. I bought a pair as my hair is very coarse and hard to manage and it has made the world of difference. Ive also starting applying oil as it helps keep my hair more manageable. I'm going to post next month at the 10 month point, was going to wait til 12 months but i have seen a big change in maturing and even had some new growth.

Both docs did us proud mate :cool:

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Bonker, your hair looks really good.

Congratulations and still more to come.

Always nice to see pictures taken outside in daylight.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

If oil helps then I'd recommend Dax wax styling product that is made with oil and looks great in your hair I use it the blue tin version helps if I want to go with the curl and red tin version is very strong it holds it straight if I want it that way.

Thanks Can't and Chris.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Wow looks realllly good bonker...congrats...and u still have plenty of growth!!!

Bonkerstonker,

Congratulations on the nearing the end of a highly successful hair restoration journey. You hair looks fantastic.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks Capelli and plunge.

IMG_1482.jpg.e45c9e1d7b1d52aec336850d6348c336.jpg

IMG_1483.jpg.2b06d809df92c5413e996d8603e07f2a.jpg

5b32d43c5f8c5_ht3postop6months038.jpg.a8c23d1d314545c1efebccafd1c10503.jpg

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Man...to hell with you guys and your fantastic results! :D

I'll be going under the knife hopefully again this January for around 4k grafts (donor permitting)

Congrats on your fantastic results. You should be ecstatic!

You've just got to pick the surgeon who has proven on others to have done consistently well and go for it pal and you'll get there I'm sure. For me surgeon is crucial I chose Hasson because I knew I'd need a lot of grafts and he has some amazing results.

Levrais cheers dude now I have unlimited tooth floss ha ha.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

How was flying back to your home after the surgery? Did you get hassled at all in the airport security? Did you have to remove your hat and explain the redness?

Mate it's easy Hasson and Wong hook you up with everything like flight pillow and choice of 3 hats I used the black bandana it fits over your head well without touching your scalp you forget you have it on I also took the sleeping pills they supplied me on the flight home so woke up back in England. Canadian customs know all about Ht patients because the best surgeons in the world are in Canada both times I've been they knew who Dr Hasson is they ask you why your face looks saw if it is a bit droopy and you tell them then they wave you on they're really nice I said I'd take my bandana off in public to which they said they had private rooms but they wasn't fussed about checking.

Spex thanks for all your help and advice over the years too you're proper legend pal.

Hairshopeing cheers.

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Cheers gandolf. Gonna grow it out for a few months and take my next photos around 9 months.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Looks real good bonkers.

I have a question about your Propecia use. You note that you have been using Propecia since 2003, and have been loosing it since 1999? Were you undergoing agressive MPB between 1999 and 2003? Or was Propecia not very effective in stopping the losses?

In other words- did you maintain while on Propecia?

I went from nw1 to seriously diffuse nw5 all in the space of about 6 months in 1999 I was literally at the barbers and he told me my crown had gone in weeks I was in denial went to hospital for blood tests but it was just mpb propecia saved the rest of my hair but didn't regrow then minoxidil added a bit of vellus soft hair and I learnt how to use minoxidil as a cosmetic thickner to make it look thicker each day which helped a lot propecia and minoxidil IMO saved a lot of hair right to this day that I would of lost Dr Hasson said I had about 20000 minoxidil hairs when he checked pre Op which must have been around well over ten years.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1