8 Month update- Dr. Rahal 4,616 FUT

Capelli11

Hey everyone!

I am a little late on my 8 month postings...I'm around 8.5 months now but these pics were taken at 8 months. I have been enjoying my hair that I don't post that often anymore...which shows how I have moved on.

Things are great...still growing thicker every day. I love having my hairline back and it makes my life a lot easier every day. Take this weekend for example...I had a wedding and had to stay over someone's house afterwards. i put ZERO TOPPIK in my hair and funny enough i was running so late that i had 5 min to do my hair...normally it would take like 20 min to put the toppik in, but with hair...I was able to take my typical 3 minutes to do my hair and it came out greattt!!! Staying over people's houses like i did after the wedding is wonderful and i woke up not fearful of having Toppik all over the pillow case...my hair looked just as good as it did for the wedding! What a great feeling...for those of you using Toppik you definitely know what I'm saying. You too can have this feeling...you just have to stand up and say NO MORE...and go check out the great options there are for HT's!

Hope everyone enjoys the updated pics and as always, feel free to email/comment as I still enjoy giving back to this great community as so many of you helped me get to this point!!!

DSC01439.JPG.cb70eccfa32bf27e9ea1951e024593bd.JPG

DSC01441.JPG.0e0edbc44269af6bafb6716c5fa4b982.JPG

DSC01442.JPG.a3f829da651ef4582108d08c925e4c64.JPG

DSC01455.JPG.cde9902b55429d70ec5b3e239fc17f77.JPG

DSC01458.JPG.003577b8870ca38e18123815bbf02e06.JPG

Hey Levrais!!!

Thanks! Not sure of the yield percentage...but it has to be at least 95% give or take...my left temple is not as dense as the right temple so that is where the percentage my make it below 100% but not enough to really bother me.

how are you doing...any new updates?! hope all is well!

I'm glad to hear that your ht accomplished what you wanted it to. It seems to have worked out perfectly. I've never used conceals but from your description, the ht is the better option by far.

All is good here, no real change since my last update so I haven't taken any pics recently. I do have a couple areas that I will get touched up and plan another pass on the crown later in the year.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Great for you!

I almost never fix/comb my hair. I am a finger guy.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hair is looking great Capelli and looking at the pictures, you look as though you have never lost a hair in your life :)

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Capelli.. do you have any pictures at a distance.. I want to see how it looks like.. a bit hard to tell from close ups. Been trying to ask for awhile now! Thanks dude!

HT#1 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2012) - 4700 grafts

HT#2 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2014) - 1800 grafts

HT#3 - Dr. Konior (Jan 2018) - 1200 grafts

Looks awesome Capelli, great result! I'm sure you're over the moon!

Question- have you had issues (first world problems now we have hair:D) with styling etc because the transplanted hair is so thick? Not that I'm complaining, but just wondering if you've found a way to work around this? Any products you use?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey DreamBig,

I'm def not complaining but my hair is very coarse at the hairline (I never thought I would say that! :) But it is just immature at this point...but I have seen it get better as the months go on (at 9 mths now). i haven't used any specific product to tame it really...just keep using my normal gel/glue product.

Rev3-I just responded to your PM!

Hey Makem32,

I think the density was around 62-65% in the frontal hairline, then it starts to drop down the farther you go back...so figure around like 60% behind that, then in the high 50's after that. The hairline is nice and densly packed which is exactly what i wanted.

Razzy,

Send me your email via a PM and I will work on getting you a distance shot!

You def can't miss with Strip...FUE is great too but again, Strip's literally 99% guaranteed so i didn't want to take any chances...the scar bothered me before i got it but honestly, i have not thought about it once afterwards...nobody is ever going to recognize the scar and nobody has and my hair has been pretty short since my HT.

Capelli, are you still getting new hair growth? I know you peaked very early but 8 months is still early days, could even more growth be possible?

Hey Mickey85:

I feel like the hair is definitely maturing...not sure about new growth...but with the maturation of the hair it looks a lot better and is easier to style. I have a consult with Dr. Rahal when he comes to NY in mid October and I want him to see if he sees any new growth coming in. Either way...every day I am so thankful for having my hair back!