End of the road for me

mb30

Following my consultation with Dr Bisanga on 8th Aug I have no option but to throw in the towel and forget about a hair transplant :mad:.

Dr Bisanga has told me my donor density is around 50 and "not suitable for hair transplantation", faced with this unfortunate news Ive decided to accept the number 1 all over look, and move on with life...

Wish you all well

mb30 sorry to hear this, but i predict science will eventually catch up in the not so distant future and allow you some new options..

until then....all the best.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Very sorry to hear but glad to know that you were given quality advice from an ethical surgeon and did not end up any worse for wear.

Good luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

mb30 . I never knew the possibility of not being able to do an ht is also existent :(.

Although I do remember reading articles where people mentioned their doctors stated that they had low density and sent them away and they ended up doing it with bigger doctors like hasson and wong etc.?

you could get second diagnosis from another reputed ht or something ? I could be wrong though!

Raulbrammin,

I remember Dr Feller making a comment in a video and he stated that you can have all the money in the world but if you don't have sufficient and healthy donor supply, there is nothing that can be done.

That is why any potential hair transplant candidate ideally needs consultation in person with the surgeon.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

My donor density is low as well... so, I am looking into SMP as an adjunct to my transplanted hair. It depends on how comfortable you are with a #1 guard. I've tried a 3mm guard and it looked fine in the front with my transplants (about 4500 grafts); it looked horrible in the back with the strip scars because the concealer doesn't work well at that length. SMP should do wonders for a damaged donor area and to thicken up things overall.

Scalp MicroPigmentation (SMP) is the use of pigment to simulate hair. SMP is for those who will cut their hair very short, though it can be used for longer hairstyles. It is especially desirable for those who have harvested all of their donor region, like me.

Following my consultation with Dr Bisanga on 8th Aug I have no option but to throw in the towel and forget about a hair transplant :mad:.

Dr Bisanga has told me my donor density is around 50 and "not suitable for hair transplantation", faced with this unfortunate news Ive decided to accept the number 1 all over look, and move on with life...

Wish you all well

What is the minimum donor density that he feels is the cut off point?

Wish you all well

Hang on a minute! What does your density around 50 actually mean? Are you saying you have 50 hairs per square cm or 50 grafts? Because a lot of people only have between 80 - 120 hairs I have 88 but they're quite thick coarse strands which give good coverage if your hair naturally has 50 grafts per square cm then it's likely they'll be thick strands but if your donor has depleted to 50 per square cm then you're defo not a ht candidate.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Hang on a minute! What does your density around 50 actually mean? Are you saying you have 50 hairs per square cm or 50 grafts? Because a lot of people only have between 80 - 120 hairs I have 88 but they're quite thick coarse strands which give good coverage if your hair naturally has 50 grafts per square cm then it's likely they'll be thick strands but if your donor has depleted to 50 per square cm then you're defo not a ht candidate.

The Dr checked my donor area with a little device, and said he normally looks for density 60-100 and my density is 50 so I,m not suitable.

I'd just like to say a big thank you to everybody on this site for their help and advice, this is a great site for anyone looking into having a hair transplant.

I,ve now got over the shock of not being able to have a HT and think of myself lucky to have been told the truth by Dr Bisanga, the guy could of went ahead and done the surgery and took €11,000 off me but in fairness to him hes a genuine honest and caring man who told me the truth and I respect that.

Well I'm not going to be around these forums anymore and wish everybody on here the very best regards....

Ciao.....