Please help a depressed man

Iamx121

1800 grafts will make a nice difference. It will probably be a couple of hundred higher because the surgeon usually overestimates the donor strip. I hope you will keep us updated and write a review of your surgery.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Please tell me you are not having FUT? Do you really want a scar across the back of your head?

Take time to consider all the options. ...

Yes, Spex is a great guy and a fountain of knowledge, but he also works for Dr. Feller, so is bound to recommend him. Feller does FUT.

Again, nothing wrong with Dr. Feller, he has had some fantastic results, but please please consider what's best for you. If you are depressed about how you feel now, imagine if you have visible scarring after FUT, you could feel worse.

If however, you are completely comfortable with having FUT, then you are in safe hands with Spex and Dr.Feller, the results will be good.

Rob

While I'm not sure whether Iamx121 is going to undergo FUT or FUE, you are pretty uninformed about Feller. Not only does he perform FUE he was one of the first surgeons to offer the procedure when it was first introduced and has even developed his own tools for FUE procedures.

Iamx121 I also think you're out of your mind to be so concerned with your minimal hair loss at your age, but you are in great hands and I wish you all the best.

The majority of Spex/Feller recommendations/work are FUT, but it's good to know that FUE is an option.

I certainly hope for 1,800 grafts, Iamx121 is going for FUE, that's not a massive number of grafts so would be a shame to have a big scar for, especially if very sensitive about how the hair/head looks.

As with all Fellers work, i'm sure it will be good.

Edited by s2thoudriver

2800 FUE, Istanbul

• 1 month later...

Quick update. Well i'm off to America to see Dr Feller in just over two weeks. I've been taking finasteride now for two months. The first six weeks i seemed to shed a lot of hair. The last week this seems to have settled down. I've read many blogs and a little worried how i will look for a couple of months. I guess two months isn't a great deal of time in the grand scheme of things.

I'm feeling much more positive about life now. Going down the gym again 4 times a week for the last two months has also made a huge difference.

Well it's got to the point with my hair that I’m so low on confidence that I so want to restore my hair to get my life back.

I'm a 41 year old male living in Kent, uk.

I first noticed my hair getting thinner in my late 20's. It has been a gradual process and something that has worried me now for so long.

To most people my hair looks ok. I can style it in a way that it looks normal.

It's only in the last 6 months that it's getting harder to hide my thinning hair.

It has got to the stage that it has taken over my life. I have no confidence in the way I look. I separated from my wife three years ago and currently live and work on my own.

It is getting to the stage where I’m happier staying in so I don't have to put wax in my thinning hair.

I have been in a new relationship for 5 months, but my all time low of confidence is now affecting this relationship.

I know I will not get through this stage of my life if I don't try to do something about it.

Last year I did a year’s treatment at the Belgravia centre in London. I used the Propecia and minoxidil treatment that just didn't work. It seems since I stopped my hair loss has increased.

I guess I’m after advice on what I should do next.

I know I will have to pay a hefty sum of money to try to do anything about it.

But I know if whatever I do is a success will make me happy again.

Is the best option for me to have a hair transplant? What are the costs.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Hell Iamx121,

Great that you are reaching out for help there is plenty here. The surgeons listed here are the best. Many of them treat patients from all over the world, Priority is a proper consultation and evaluation. Set one up as soon as possible. Understanding your options and setting expectations is the most prudent path. Today's HT are natural and undetectable even to most stylist. All the Best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

• 4 weeks later...
Well it's got to the point with my hair that I’m so low on confidence that I so want to restore my hair to get my life back.

I'm a 41 year old male living in Kent, uk.

I first noticed my hair getting thinner in my late 20's. It has been a gradual process and something that has worried me now for so long.

To most people my hair looks ok. I can style it in a way that it looks normal.

It's only in the last 6 months that it's getting harder to hide my thinning hair.

It has got to the stage that it has taken over my life. I have no confidence in the way I look. I separated from my wife three years ago and currently live and work on my own.

It is getting to the stage where I’m happier staying in so I don't have to put wax in my thinning hair.

I have been in a new relationship for 5 months, but my all time low of confidence is now affecting this relationship.

I know I will not get through this stage of my life if I don't try to do something about it.

Last year I did a year’s treatment at the Belgravia centre in London. I used the Propecia and minoxidil treatment that just didn't work. It seems since I stopped my hair loss has increased.

I guess I’m after advice on what I should do next.

I know I will have to pay a hefty sum of money to try to do anything about it.

But I know if whatever I do is a success will make me happy again.

Is the best option for me to have a hair transplant? What are the costs.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Hello Lamx121,

Most of us here emphasis with you mate. The answer is short and simple. Choose a recommended surgeon from those here on HTN and get a consult and evaluation right away. They will help you set the best course through options available for You. All the Best, Michael.

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

Lamx121,

Great news that you are pro-active in your approach. Good luck with everything! You have picked the best Dr and Im sure that all will go well. Good luck! Keep us updated!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hello Lamx121,

Most of us here emphasis with you mate. The answer is short and simple. Choose a recommended surgeon from those here on HTN and get a consult and evaluation right away. They will help you set the best course through options available for You. All the Best, Michael.

Cheers for the reply. I'm 10 days post op with Dr Feller. My life has got a whole better since a wrote this. Sorting my hair out and a few months of going to the gym sorted me out.

Big congratulations to you. Feller is amazing! Heal and grow well my friend, You future is looking up! Brilliant!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

buddy, ur hair is amazing for 41. i think ur letting this get to you way too much., i would not get a HT with ur stage of balding. to be honest i dont see any balding besides a little high hairline. but do u really want a hairline like a 14 year old. come on man.