Dr. Rahal FUT or FUE

Hi all,

love this forum , i've learned so much about the hair loss and ways to restore your hair and what one should expect after lurking on here for a bit. thank you all very much for contributing to this forum for an issue that bothers most of us

i have decided to go through with a HT with Dr. Rahal to restore my frontal third, but the problem is that i m undecided between FUT and FUE.

im leaning towards FUE because of the less obvious scarring, but for those of you who have been here long enough , is there a difference in the end results by Dr. Rahal when it comes to FUT or FUE base on the cases that had been posted over the years?

In my online consultation, i was told it should yield the same results , but when i search on the forum here , most of the cases are FUT, just want to get further inputs

my profile:

NW3V receding hairline and thinning in crown

quoted ~3000 grafts with about 2000 to front and 1000 to crown if strip

i am actually ok with just doing the front since i think that will be the biggest difference maker

Edited by savehair

Picked an excellent surgeon.

Do you have any pics?

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

When it comes to Dr. Rahal, I strongly recommend Strip surgery as he is more experienced in it plus his scars are unbelievably pencil-thin. Good luck.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Dr. Rahal has not been doing FUE for that long, hence less Rahal FUE results.

It is really hard to say IMO if the yield would be the same or not, and what does about the same mean? How many are you needing? Do you ever plan on wearing your hair shaved?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Picked an excellent surgeon.

Do you have any pics?

sorry no pics.... but i added my profile in the first thread and below

When it comes to Dr. Rahal, I strongly recommend Strip surgery as he is more experienced in it plus his scars are unbelievably pencil-thin. Good luck.

thanks Hariri, i've been following your thread as well

Dr. Rahal has not been doing FUE for that long, hence less Rahal FUE results.

It is really hard to say IMO if the yield would be the same or not, and what does about the same mean? How many are you needing? Do you ever plan on wearing your hair shaved?

Hi Spanker ,

i need about 1800~2000 in the front , i have thinning in the back but i'm less concerned about it. since im relatively young, it's very possible that i continue to lose more hair through the course of the years, i want the ability to shave it down the road......

my profile: also edited in my first thread

NW3V receding hairline and thinning in crown

quoted ~3000 grafts with about 1800 to front and 1200 to crown if strip

i am actually ok with just doing the front with 2000 via FUE since i think that will be the biggest difference maker

for 3000 grafts - STRIP (too many to do FUE in one session...not that it hasn't been done, but it's taxing)

you can always FUE the strip scar in the future

Around 3000 is the max for an FUE session. How short do you keep your hair?

hey guys,

i am not going for 3000 via FUE , if i m going with FUE i m only going for 2000 to address the frontal third.

my question is more around , does Dr. Rahal's FUE and FUT yield the same results based on what people have seen on the forum.

thanks...

Dr. Rahal and his reps claim his FUE yield is close to his FUT yield, and I'd say the results posted in this forum so far support that. In other words, I think it's fair to say that if you insist on FUE, then Rahal's yields will probably match those of the best FUE docs in the world. However, the odds of a slightly greater yield may be better if you go for FUT regardless of the doctor you choose.

If you go FUE, and it's a success, do you think you'll sit around caring about the slightly better yield you may have gotten with FUT? Maybe, but I doubt it. You'll probably be thrilled at your transformation and be happy you have less noticeable scarring.

All HT procedures are a gamble. You increase the odds of a good outcome considerably when you choose a talented, proven doctor, and I think Rahal qualifies.

for 3000 grafts - STRIP (too many to do FUE... it's taxing)

Getting a smiley scar because its taxing for certain doctors is just nuts.

Go to Europe and get away from the docs that insist FUE is just hype or good for small jobs. IMO, under 30, the more grafts you need, the more you need the option to buzz

But docs and reps will tell you there are good reasons to create a scar nonetheless.

Go to Europe and get away from the docs that insist FUE is just hype or good for small jobs.

In my consultation with Dr. Rahal, he immediately said FUE was the right choice for me. He didn't try to sell FUT at all. Also, he quoted me 2000-2200 grafts. Sean had over 3000 FUE by Rahal, so I wouldn't lump Rahal in that category.

Dr. Rahal and his reps claim his FUE yield is close to his FUT yield, and I'd say the results posted in this forum so far support that. In other words, I think it's fair to say that if you insist on FUE, then Rahal's yields will probably match those of the best FUE docs in the world. However, the odds of a slightly greater yield may be better if you go for FUT regardless of the doctor you choose.

If you go FUE, and it's a success, do you think you'll sit around caring about the slightly better yield you may have gotten with FUT? Maybe, but I doubt it. You'll probably be thrilled at your transformation and be happy you have less noticeable scarring.

All HT procedures are a gamble. You increase the odds of a good outcome considerably when you choose a talented, proven doctor, and I think Rahal qualifies.

thanks, this is what i am looking for, hopefully more chimes in on the results FUE vs FUT that Dr. Rahal produces. if its similar , then i rather go with FUE

Go to Europe and get away from the docs that insist FUE is just hype or good for small jobs. IMO, under 30, the more grafts you need, the more you need the option to buzz

But docs and reps will tell you there are good reasons to create a scar nonetheless.

like zenmunk mentioned, Dr.Rahal's rep didnt try to sell me on FUE, they recommended me FUT instead. but like you indicated, i m relatively young, i want to preserve the right to buzz down in the future which is why im leaning towards FUE

FUE is rather more tedious for the clinic. I still think the clinic who offers both FUT/FUE would, in general, prefer FUT. FUE may be more expensive but since FUT can harvest more hair, monetarily, at least it evens out or perhaps gets more for the clinic than FUE.

That's the good thing about Dr Rahal, he or his rep does not sell FUT. He may probably suggest it if you are really not a candidate for FUE. In some clinics, they ask for double consent: if they think you are not a candidate for FUE, then they will do FUT in the middle of the procedure.

My advice: if you have the money, and FUE can be done, then do it. I feel that you're very keen for it anyway.

One caveat: there's no guarantee that they can get 2.5-3K under FUE. They will try, but again, there is no guarantee.

(Oops, sorry I didn't see your post that you're not doing FUE anymore)

Edited by headbangerguy
sorry

i meant taxing on the follicle as well

i meant taxing on the follicle as well

OK..I hear you, but taxing foe the follicle?

Do you mean that a follicle gets taxed anymore, because it is part of a big procedure?

As in a 3000 FUE will mean that the follicles are out of the head and in solution for a dangerous amount of time, so there for , it is more taxing on the follicle?

If so, the doc is doing FUE poorly. If he is knowingly compromising the grafts like that. Very poor. Gives FUE a bad name. Sort of ammunition for strip clinics.

If, on the other hand, you suggest that the follicles gets more butchered because it is a larger procedure it is like saying the more cars that are built, the worse quality the average car is. Well, that is kind of hard to support. You could say doctor fatigue sets in. Again, poor form on the clinics behalf. If a doc says, yeah, we'll do 3000, and hides the fact that he'll be so exhausted that the grafts will be compromised, well again, bad.

If he says, I prefer to do 2000 max a day cause I get tired, well and good. But I don't see docs as good as Rahal compromising themselves so much. If he says 3000 is good, I guess he is good for 3000.