7 month update - Dr Rahal - 4597 FUT

Well folks it has been a couple of months since I provided an update. I must admit I am becoming into one those that don't browse/update these forums anymore after a successful HT :)

But I have fought these internal thoughts and summoned the will to post an update lol. Months 6 & 7 seem to be more of a thickening stage than the growing stage I saw in months 4 & 5. This is what was expected so I believe I am on course. Its amazing what a difference an apparently full frontal head of hair can make to your personality. I feel much more confident now in myself. I have pictures taken at all events now and even post them on facebook .... unthinkable for me a few months ago.

The baldness in the crown seems to stick out like a sore thumb now :) A 2nd HT beckons.

I am updating my hair loss page with pics but here is a comparison of pre-op vs now.

5b32d2cb20bb4_pre-opfront.jpg.0586de043e88d4a25bcef6c423ccbba9.jpg

5b32d2cb31cc5_pre-optop.jpg.60421b4c04495ce2056c253e6467e668.jpg

IMG_0158.JPG.859a8d9f30f8b08130cc686a9e313445.JPG

IMG_0168.JPG.2f26767b745e9dafac7cf260a8995da6.JPG

What a change... Looks great, just need another session to sprinkle some grafts on the crown at least density 40% so then you can apply Nanogen or Toppik to conceal it well.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Looks great! Thank you for sharing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Big Change HF, well done.

How many grafts did he say you have left? What is the game-plan for the crown--since you might progress to near NW7 status, is there enough to further fill in the side humps? (I see that he started on the first surgery).

Thanks

Real life changer so far hairfusion and impressive, congratulations.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

HairFusion, looking really good at 7 months bud. I can see more maturing and more thickening and growth. What is so amazing about your journey is you are only halfway there according to the usual growth timeline and already you are blossoming!

I also had issues with photos before. But I think the situation really affected me, since I would never want to post any photo up or take part in any photos but now things are starting to shift for me. In fact, I have very minimal # of photos from age 20 to age 29 because I was so embarrassed over the whole situation. Most of my friends always had ROCKSTAR hair and they would always tag themselves and post pictures while I would be hoping they wouldn't tag me somewhere on the net. I think 20 was the age when hair loss seemed to really attack my scalp. SO, It's like I took a big hit to at least 9-10 years of my own photo history due to hair loss worries. So, you are right about how it changes your personality. I am feeling a lot more healthier overall as I continue to see growth and things get better and better. Hairloss can consume a person in so many ways, but we can take charge and really do something about it now more than ever. If it didn't affect us, we wouldn't be on researching for solutions on the internet or the forums in the first place.

So, How has the healing process been for you and how does the scar look/feel in the back? I know you are already targeting HT2, when do you think you will go and get that done? Are you going to wait a little bit or get right to it once this result fully matures at the one year mark? From the type of loss you had, to the low # grafts you recieved for the size of area, and the dense growth that occured in this short amount of time, I remain surprised when I see your updates. If I wasn't following your progress and just saw you post a before and after pic with that graft count, I would have to check again to see if this is the same individual. :) This is a great transformation and I hope to see your progress until final growth. I know you are hit with great success and didn't have the urge to post anymore but your progress has been so amazing to watch man. Your results show the right research, the right plan of attack, the skill of the doctor, your hair characteristics, and the right calculation can make you closer to mission accomplishment. Congrats Again!

Thank you all for your kind words and feedback !

Davis91

Dr Rahal estimates I have around 3000 grafts left. He said he could cover most of the crown with these. It would be lesser density than what I have in the front but would offer a more complete look with the sides being covered. I would still have a small bald spot left after a 2nd HT but would obviously look much better than the rather large crown balding I have now.

Sean

The community is indebted to you for the time you spend in your detailed responses, feedback and your own documentation and I am no different. I may only be halfway but I do not expect the result to be double than what it already is. If that happens then I would be blown off my feet but yes a bit more maturing would certainly do :)

Scar .. what scar ?. I cannot find it, my wife cannot find it. I can only feel it a tiny bit in the sides. I can not even feel it in the back. Funny story. I went for my 6 month follow up with Dr Rahal last month. There was a prospective patient in consultation with Dr Rahal when I arrived and Dr Rahal asked politely if I would be willing to show my scar to this guy. I offered to do that and Dr Rahal lifted hairs off my donor to show the area. The guy was saying over and over "Dr I cant see the scar can you point it out". Dr Rahal pointed it out but he still could not see it lol :). In the end he said .. "Ok I have an idea of where the scar should be now".

Thank you all for your kind words and feedback !

Davis91

Dr Rahal estimates I have around 3000 grafts left. He said he could cover most of the crown with these. It would be lesser density than what I have in the front but would offer a more complete look with the sides being covered. I would still have a small bald spot left after a 2nd HT but would obviously look much better than the rather large crown balding I have now.

Sean

The community is indebted to you for the time you spend in your detailed responses, feedback and your own documentation and I am no different. I may only be halfway but I do not expect the result to be double than what it already is. If that happens then I would be blown off my feet but yes a bit more maturing would certainly do :)

Scar .. what scar ?. I cannot find it, my wife cannot find it. I can only feel it a tiny bit in the sides. I can not even feel it in the back. Funny story. I went for my 6 month follow up with Dr Rahal last month. There was a prospective patient in consultation with Dr Rahal when I arrived and Dr Rahal asked politely if I would be willing to show my scar to this guy. I offered to do that and Dr Rahal lifted hairs off my donor to show the area. The guy was saying over and over "Dr I cant see the scar can you point it out". Dr Rahal pointed it out but he still could not see it lol :). In the end he said .. "Ok I have an idea of where the scar should be now".

Hairfusion, thanks man, your doing the community a big service too. :) I am very happy to hear that your scar is virtually undetectable. It's great that no one can detect it! What a sweet success in the front as well as the donor. Looks like the closure and everything went great. This is the one thing that even concerned me when deciding between procedures but having over 5000 grafts still remaining via FUE, I guess I am covered well. I probably would have had tons more from the start if I had done FUT. Very very happy for you. Congrats again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...