Bogus salesman bashing hair transplants

What a pile of garbage that is, has he even seen a good transplant?

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Even when Jason Alexander(Seinfeld) went on his 'program' they talked about hair transplants and Jason said he considered that route and some of his friends had had transplants. Farrell then asked "how were the results, were they disappointed?" and tried getting a negative response but Jason said "no they had good results". I do have to say though, his 'systems' do look very good.

The 'patient' in the video in the OT had a terrible transplant though, but you can't use that to bash all transplants. For one, the patient in the video had MASSIVE loss and terrible donor hair. Did he expect a Brad Pitt hairline with full density? If H&W, Rahal, Feller etc worked on this patient the result would have been much, much better but there's only so much you can with with the factors this patient had...

The person was likely to have never been a candidate for hair transplant surgery and even if he was, he probably had a bad surgeon perform on him.

I think a system is the only alternative for that man.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

The person was likely to have never been a candidate for hair transplant surgery and even if he was, he probably had a bad surgeon perform on him.

I think a system is the only alternative for that man.

Could he be turned down for surgery though? I mean, what factors attribute to not being a candidate? Certainly no one on the coalition would be responsible for this patients results...

He would have been turned down if deemed inappropiate by an ethical surgeon but there are plenty who are not.

If his donor supply was poor, he would never get a good result.

Donor supply sure looked lacking. Even with the long hair the scar was easily distinguishable. The loss on his crown went pretty far down as well...

My older brother was taken in by this type system. I thought it looked silly but he liked it. They would actually glue it on with a pine tar looking stuff. After a few years he discoverd that about all existing hair under it was damaged and soon fell out. Now after spending thousands he is left wearing a cap or cue ball look.

those have to be 2 of the nastiest, grossest, dirtiest looking dudes I have ever seen

:D Haha!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I personally dont think this guy is talking garbage at all. Im not against the hair transplant industry but lets be honest there are way too many factors at play that can produce a NATURAL hairline...I guess if u are prepared to have multiple surguries on your hairline and possibly have the exact same doc punch out grafts that he implanted than surgery is for you. Lets not forget the shockloss that can occur around all areas that the surgeon may touch... Yeah there is maybe a small handful of docs that can deliver good results but even with them there is risk...

I personally dont think this guy is talking garbage at all. Im not against the hair transplant industry but lets be honest there are way too many factors at play that can produce a NATURAL hairline...I guess if u are prepared to have multiple surguries on your hairline and possibly have the exact same doc punch out grafts that he implanted than surgery is for you. Lets not forget the shockloss that can occur around all areas that the surgeon may touch... Yeah there is maybe a small handful of docs that can deliver good results but even with them there is risk...

Nice try Farrell. ;)

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I think the sales guy overdid it by bashing hair transplants in general. But in cases where someone may be suffering from complete baldness or alopecia areata, these systems may be the only hope that remains. So, I wouldn't bash them completely because an effective successful hair transplant wouldn't be feasible in that situation. They can also be used in cases where there was an unskilled hair transplant done and no adequate donor hair remains as a last resort and if a person is willing to commit. But I really think these systems do a number on active hair follicles underneath all that adhesive (especially being encased for 4-6 weeks at a time until the area is cleaned and gets some air). Most cases, the follicles underneath are damaged and you end up with more permanent hairloss then you had in the first place. Then you end up being confined to using such a product for the rest of your life unless you get a transplant that can cater to your goals. But by using such systems, there is a big chance at having hairloss from traction alopecia here. Some guys that aren't even extensively losing hair may rely on these too early in the game, only to learn they cause more damage in the end a couple years later. They may make a future transplant harder to succeed due to all that.

Hey Mate,

It is unfortunate that this type of slick marketing and propaganda does exist and taints the credibility of quality hair restoration surgeons. Truth be told, there are both bad surgeons and good surgeons. It looks like this gentleman got a surgery before the methods were as sophisticated as now or it was just a bad job. In the end, the good surgeons are organized and united throught the ISHRS and the truth will be made known. Hair systems is one viable option which many are willing to take, but for most patients a quality hair transplantation now is much more cost effective than a lifetime of hair systems.

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

I just know that I could never ever use a system. I basically have a deformed head and even if I were to go to a nw7 and my head scared small children, I could not bring myself to wearing one. That is just my personal preference.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.