Who pays or is compensated?

sgs

I've had several procedures over the past 20 years -- two by a highly recommended Dr. on this site with sub-par results (IMHO). Most recently I've had a procedure by a Dr. "shunned" by this site. Bottom line, I have been in this game longer than most and I'm a believer in this "technology"...I'm all in.

I feel there is a lot of good work out there on this site, but there is also a lot of cheer leading.

Having said this -- can we get an list (sticky) of those posters who are paid to post and those who pay to post?

No disrespect to anyone.

The mods are paid obviously as are the doctor's reps who clearly state who they are. Besides those mentioned who state who they are up front I suppose there could be "paid cheerleaders" who don't identify themselves as such but there would be no official list of them for anybody to post. It has been my experience that if somebody isn't legit they get sniffed out fairly quickly anyhow.

I always like to give kudos to work that I like or find interesting. Does that make me a cheer leader also?

Edited by StaggerLee123

sgs,

As StaggerLee has stated, the publishers and moderator of this community are compensated. To learn about our criteria for recommending physicians and how this community is funded, click here.

Our Terms of Service stipulate that anyone who "fails to divulge in your posting signature any compensation, monetary or otherwise, that you are, may, or will receive from any physician, company, establishment, or other persons in any post that promotes or advocates that physician, or any particular procedure or treatment." may not contribute to the discussion forum. If and when anyone is found to be violating this policy, they are given a warning and ultimately removed if they do not comply.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel your hair transplants with a " highly recommended Dr. on this site" were unsatisfactory. What I find unusual, and perhaps you can clarify this for me, is why on your profile summary the only thing you state about the procedures with this recommended physician is "These sessions were very expensive and little hair was moved. However, these procedures allowed me to barely stay ahead of my hair loss." This sounds to me as if you chose to have small sessions and not that they were in any way subpar in their growth.

Secondly and most interesting to me is that you only refer to this recommended doctor by his last name (I won't name him here since you haven't) and yet the doctor whom you have stated is "shunned" here you've named by his first and last name, which is an odd practice that every one of his cheer leading patients have done in the past. Since you know that this doctor is no longer discussed here then I assume you are familiar with the activities of the former members claiming to be patients of his that forced the community to take that step..

All the best,

David

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Two questions:-

Why can't you just come out and say the Doctor and let them reply on here, surely that's the idea of

This web site, is it or is not? ( I'm sure they will reply)

It seems to me that your indicating you have a problem with this web site and some of the members, can you clarify?

Sorry, I'm a new member and just interested and what to understand a bit more.

Cheers.

I've had several procedures over the past 20 years -- two by a highly recommended Dr. on this site with sub-par results (IMHO). Most recently I've had a procedure by a Dr. "shunned" by this site. Bottom line, I have been in this game longer than most and I'm a believer in this "technology"...I'm all in.

I feel there is a lot of good work out there on this site, but there is also a lot of cheer leading.

Having said this -- can we get an list (sticky) of those posters who are paid to post and those who pay to post?

No disrespect to anyone.

You're obviously quite bitter so why don't you put some credibility to your story and show pictures until then most will think you're a joker.

If i was bitter with a agenda i'd come on here with a proper case put forward for my argument. I certainly wouldn't hold back with names, details and photos.

As for people being paid i highly doubt anyone is other than the consultants and moderators who all identify them selves as so in their signatures. Has it occurred to you some people are so happy that their lives of hiding in their dark houses has been changed so much that they wanna sing from the rooftops? It's just commonsense.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

My pleasure any time mate.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

David,

Thank you for the excellent response.

Sgs,

If you'd like any additional information, please feel free to ask any other questions or send me any inquires in a private message. I hope this helps!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

You're obviously quite bitter so why don't you put some credibility to your story and show pictures until then most will think you're a joker.

If i was bitter with a agenda i'd come on here with a proper case put forward for my argument. I certainly wouldn't hold back with names, details and photos.

As for people being paid i highly doubt anyone is other than the consultants and moderators who all identify them selves as so in their signatures. Has it occurred to you some people are so happy that their lives of hiding in their dark houses has been changed so much that they wanna sing from the rooftops? It's just commonsense.

Bonestonker,

Please look here, you obviously didn't read what I wrote. I provide 20 years of history and photos. Since about the year you were born. What more do you want?

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients - sgs's Profile

Ok so you're not a joker I apologise for suggesting you might be but it might be a good idea to make reference to some pictures on your profile if you're gonna make a strong point about your hts.

Can you explain more about your experience please you seem quite interesting but it's not clear what's going on from your photos you seem to have a few photos jumbled up and new photos with shockloss implying you're quite happy so far. I realise you say you've been around a long time but I've been on the forums for ten years and i have not come across you before so it would be good to hear your story as you're new to this forum.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

bonkerstonker, I recently found this site. But, as you can see I've been in this for quite some time. My last procedure covered a lot of real estate. I had what I would call "weak" hair and suffered shock loss. But, in less than three months the progress is better than expected.

My original post was sincere, I see some post for the sake of posting -- what I called cheer leading. I was just curious how the site work, who's paid and who isn't. As I said, no disrespect to anyone, I'm all in.

I get you mate. Well I'm not paid and like you I've been round the block I only use this site nowadays simply because it's the best and it has a lot of helpful people. The cheerleaders on here genuinely are real patients that are happy about their change and want to guide others in the direction they went in but no patients are paid if I thought there was even a small chance I wouldn't post here.

The clinics within the coalition of doctors pay to be in the group just like most forums and websites do with advertising otherwise the site wouldn't be able to stay open it has to get money somehow to stay on line. What I will say is on this website they don't just let anyone in who has the biggest wallet the clinics are inspected to the highest standards like they have to have powerful microscopes for the techs and so on, if any clinic falls below the standard they're removed from the coalition.

Oh and if you wanna see proper shockloss look at my blog in the purple link below. It will make you feel better lol.

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

The only good doctor you list on your profile is Dr. True. All the others are "hair mills". When did Dr. True do your surgery? Is he your current surgeon?

I read your post about coming up on your 50th birthday, and having your 4th and final HT. You said things were looking good until after the transplant, then you experienced shock loss. This is normal! Some people have it more than others. I saw your photo also, and for 50 years old you have great hair! You are having the normal reaction after a hair transplant and things will be looking up after 3-4 months, promise!!

I wish I had the money I spent in the early '90s for mini/micrografts to spend on a URFUT procedure today with one of the docs on this site. I would have gotten more for my money and it would look more natural. Am I bitter? NO! Because the transplant covered enough area and was well enough done for the era that I've never had one person notice that I am losing my hair or "what is up with your hair?" It looks pretty thick unless the wind blows it in a certain way.

You should give a complete background and timelines. Yes, doctors pay a fee to be members, but the administrators visit the clinic and the members vote after seeing many, many results to approve said member. The physician list on this site is the only one I trust. The list on ISHRS is a joke. Any hair transplant physician can join without being screened.

Edited by RCWest

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

RCWest, I consider my Bosley and Dr. True visits sub-par. I call it like it is. My most recent procedure, like I said, is too soon to tell. My results, just short of 3 months, are promising.

I agree with you on the money spent. Original procedures were very costly with minimal coverage...hair line only, pluggy at best by both Drs (Bosley and True).

Please see my profile, I give a pretty detailed description of my 20 yr search. No pointing fingers sir. I've done this for a while.

You must have seen Dr. True (I assume it is the Dr. True of True & Dorin) in the '90's. Things have changed a whole lot since then.

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Here is what I had, from Dr. True's office. Funny thing is, I don't remember the 3 Dr. Coradaro procedures -- but then again, I'm 50 next week! errrr:

Hi Steve

You had 3 procedures with Dr. Cordaro consisting of 84, 85, & 71 grafts

in 1992 and 1993. A total of 240 mini/micro grafts.

In 1995 Dr. True did a procedure of 390 mini/mono grafts

In 2001 Dr. True did a procedure of 410 mono/duo/trios.

I have attached the pictures that we have of you. The non-polaroids I

believe were from 2001 prior to your last procedure with Dr. True.

sgs I wish you the best on your procedure. If you read past post you would read that your last doctor did ask to be recommended on this site. When he was told about what the it took to be recommended posts started popping out of everywhere to praise him. Many of these posters came from the same compute,r from the same IP, from the same city that he performs surgery. Even lowering themselves to pretend they were a father of a very sick boy to order to promote himself. This is disgusting in my views, its shows no compassion for a sick child in order to promote and make money.

So forgive the forum is they are fishy at anything to do with him. We are an intelligent well informed forum that are here to assist show support and answer questions for each other. Regardless I wish you the best and hope you have a fantastic result.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Sgs, I just looked at your photos. You look to have a really nice head of hair! You also look very young for your age!

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

I think your hair looks good! Good of you to stay proactive all this time. I hope u keep updating as I am from Jackson, Tn and would like to keep up with the local results. I have already chosen a different surgeon but am interested nonetheless. Good luck with your results. I have not seen anything terrible by your doctor but as Lorenzo said, there has been a little drama regarding him in the past.

Dr True is putting out excellent results now and I don't think that it is fair to compare a resul from 12 years ago to the technology that is available today. Stick around and you will see what I mean.

Good luck with your surgery.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks RCWest and Spanker for the complements. It's been a struggle for sure but it's paid off (somewhat) so far -- though we're never totally satisfied.

Spanker, I hear you on your Dr. True comment. It's frustrating to have gone there years ago remembering the Dr. saying "you'll always be back for touch ups". Yes, much has changed. Frustrating to see my results from then vs today's results. Still, time and money well spent.

Toppik is keeping me going now while my most recent procedures matures. I had major shock loss -- it is growing back. I will update my status on 25 Apr, my 50th Bday. Thx

sds, who was the doctor that was shunned by this site? Was it a past member or just someone who wasn't highly regarded?

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily