Dr Hasson 2 months happy days

The reason i put happy days in the title is because considering i'm in the doldrums these are extremely happy days for me in comparison to 2 months post op last years ht.

As always my pictures are very real no camera angles from infront of my head looking across my hair to make my self feel better they're bang over the top of my head from a birds eye view, my hair is still a bit thin to move my photos to outside shots but i am sat inside near a window with a fair amount of light coming through i've also added a soaking wet photo that really shocked me when i saw it.

I don't think my growth from this ht has really got started yet as there is quite a lot of gaps but i think my flying start is due to minimal shockloss all though there is most definitely shockloss there that should return with the ht hairs.

Photos on blog link.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Shampoo Does the pain side of a operation concern you?

Not really until I read you had extreme pain during your procedure so it made me curious. I actually had a small transplant about 13 years ago so i am somewhat familiar with the routine. But since mine was so small compared with today's standards I thought maybe pain could play a larger role in mega-sessions due to pain killers wearing off in such long sessions. Sounds like you are saying you are the rare exception having that much pain due to your body's reaction to the drugs.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Thanks for your comments lads.

Shampoo yes most definitely. To be honest when I think back to my first megasession which was 5300 grafts the actual operation was a walk in the park if you consider what you're actually going through I was very surprised by how easy it was. The only bit that is awkward for the average person is the night sleep after surgery but you have strong tablets to take that take the edge of it and when you wake up the next day you're feeling a lot better.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Thanks orlhair. It's a lot easier when fortune goes your way from the start hopefully it will continue.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Usually 2 months is the worst - lowest of the lows. You lucky bastard! ;)

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Thanks guys I really appreciate your comments it's forwards and onwards from here. Aarron I feel your language is quite appropriate. Lol cheers.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Tar dudes. It seems i'm pretty lucky this time but i've been wondering if it has anything to do with me leaving the staples in for 26 days making the scar heal better, It's just a thought but i wonder if blood flow to the top of the scalp is better if the scar doesn't stretch, thats the only thing i've done differently this time round and good blood flow would limit shockloss.

If you think about it logically the blood has a huge scar to cross as it circulates up to my scalp the scar goes all around my head apart from my face obviously so it can not go round it other than from the front. I may be a long way out but you never know.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Bonker,

Your hair looks fantastic man....already only at 2 months. That's incredible. I only hope others reading this topic and seeing your progress so far understand that this is exceptionally rare. The doldrums usually last 3 to 5 months for most patients with only a few sprouts of new hair in between that time frame.

Your hair is really going to look fantastic in the coming months.

I look forward to watching your transplant develop over the next year.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bonker,

Your hair looks fantastic man....already only at 2 months. That's incredible. I only hope others reading this topic and seeing your progress so far understand that this is exceptionally rare. The doldrums usually last 3 to 5 months for most patients with only a few sprouts of new hair in between that time frame.

Your hair is really going to look fantastic in the coming months.

I look forward to watching your transplant develop over the next year.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks Bill one thing for everyone to bear in mind is my 9 month pictures from last years ht are outside where light can be very harsh and these 2 month pictures are inside.

The weird thing is i am in the doldrums i do see big gaps of missing hairs from my last ht and i don't think any of my new ht hairs have started growing yet i just think the shockloss this time has been way nicer to me, i believe that 75% of my hair from all my prior hts and native born hairs simply just started growing straight away.

I have a few theories for this.

1 Something to do with the scar allowing blood through to scalp better.

2 The fact i had severe shockloss this time last year could have reset all them scalp follicles on a 7 year cycle so were not ready to drop out again now.

3 My diffuse hairs on top were not strong enough to survive last years op but this year my scalp has strong ht hairs so stayed in.

4 Every dog has his day and i just got lucky.

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Oh just another thing I forgot to mention I've been using minoxidil foam on a wet scalp at night as it penetrates the scalp better I've noticed a lot more soft downy hairs this time round and it may also have something to do with the lack of shockloss.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1