You may be surprised by this...

roots

I'm a new member that went through this forum about 10 months ago or so when I started really noticing hair loss. I quickly decided to get an HT before doing too much research, then, afterward, read up on some of the comments about certain clinics.

I'll post who the clinic was in a bit, but I'd appreciate some feedback on the pics. I'm pretty pleased with the results, particularly when I look at the then-and-now pics, but would like some opinions.

(Not sure how to post multiple pics so I may have to do a few threads...)

Thanks -

after_2_weeks_top_(2).thumb.jpg.665e9e9b205a5f12b9b894ce89871bda.jpg

Roots.. you already said it was Bosley in another thread. Haha. Let's see the results bro.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Well done. You were one of the fortunate ones! icon_smile.gif

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

It seems like you have great hair characteristics for a HT. Thick and curly. That certainly helps.

True - they said upfront that was the case, but I figured they could be telling me what I wanted to hear. I was terrified afterward; the shock loss was horrible and I thought I was doomed.

Paid a lot (think it was like 10K for 2500 grafts or so), but - at least as of now - I think it was well worth it.

And by the way, I don't consider myself weak by any means, but I thought it hurt like hell, contrary to what others have said. Maybe it's just me...

Roots, great result. I think you were fortunate to get a good doctor. People just beat Bosley to death blindly out here but there are a few good docs in Bosley as well. Is Bosley really that cheap? I thought they charged way more than that?

------------------------------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Alexander

Def glad you're satisfied, and you look you have a nice, full head of hair!

Do you have any pre-ops, though? I ask because the earliest I see is a "2wk" post-op shot, and since you said you had such horrible shockloss it's tough to get a gauge on where you were at before the 2500 grafts. And then your 12wk/3month shot it looks like you have a ton more hair.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Surprisingly, I did not have a lot of pics from the 6-month period of rapid hair-loss leading to the time I rushed to get a HT out of desperation. Prior to the 6 months leading up, I did not notice any real concerning loss.

Here's a pic from right after the HT to help slightly gauge the shock-loss during the following couple of months. I noticed also that in the week 12 pic that I had grown a lot more hair. I wonder if I mis-dated that pic, but not positive. My HT was Nov. 29 or so, 2008.

I'll attach another pic from today right out of the shower, towel-dried.

day_2_top_right_(4).thumb.jpg.d19425e06576ca0c80a683c809670909.jpg

Roots,

Congrats on the procedure i hope u r happy as ever. Bosley is a crapshoot but I guess u got one of the good ones. You have to be the worst person at taking photos I think I have ever seen...LOL icon_biggrin.gif

You only live once...

I'm definitely not a photographer icon_smile.gif

Apparently a lot of people are unhappy with Bosley, so I guess I got lucky. One thing's for sure, had I read the opinions on here prior to going to Bosley, I never would have went to them (although who knows what the outcome elsewhere would have been).

It's tough enough going through this with some type of success; I can't imagine having a procedure and being worse off than beforehand. What a scary reality for some people to be in...

Ya, it's sickening *just* how many go through the procedure to not only end up *worse* off, but one in the same have their precious donor ravaged to hinder their ability to even correct the problem.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

yea roots, you got very lucky. I had a few scalp reductions done by them 14 years ago. Didn't have really any internet information to speak of so I went in blind. They did a pretty good butchering job but luckily it was all in the crown and can be covered up. I came very close to suing them.

As I read more in the following years, it turns out they had been sued _A LOT_ and even had charges filed against them by the Los Angeles DA for false advertising. They are about as shady as they come but they get by on a pure blitskreg of infomercials on late night TV.

I read that as well...after I had the procedure. It was definitely pretty stupid to run out and get something so dramatic done on a relative whim, but I guess such are the results of the extreme desperation most of us feel when first starting to lose our hair.

It was a scary period afterward when the shock loss was occurring - after which I had read all of the negative press online. Not a good spot to be in.

Definitely do your research, and don't take a gamble on 'possibly' getting a good doctor. It could end up being at Bosley, although judging by many in this forum, I doubt it.