Who are the best FUE doctors?

chris2010

chris2010, You mean "Who are the best FUE doctors?" :-)

Well in my honest opinion.. The best FUE doctors I have seen are these two in order...

1) Dr. Bisanga (The best in the world)

2) Dr. Feller (The best in USA)

Although I'm a Rahal fan but I admit that Dr. Bisanga to me is the Rahal version of FUE. His work is so unbelievable.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

For me, I prefer Dr Feriduni's work to Dr Bisanga's.

Rahal is also very good from what I've seen. It would be between those two.

Some doctors often state that FUE yields are low and recommend their patients get strip, so I personally wouldn't get FUE with them.

Be wary of doctors who tell patients what they want to hear to get them in the chair. I would want a doctor to perform on me who tells me the facts and is transparent and honest about the reality of fue and strip and who will openly discuss it.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

That is why in the end, I went with Dr Feller.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

If the facts the doctor tells you are that they aren't able to perform FUE consistently, I would stay away. If they don't even have confidence in their own ability to perform the surgery, why should you have confidence?

Instead, get doctors who are not telling you what you want to hear to get you in the chair, but have the skill required to be able to perform FUE to nearly the level of strip, as evidenced by a solid reputation and countless case studies.

Chris - didn't you have a strip surgery?

All honest fue surgeons will tell you fue produces lower yield. This is a fact,whether you want to accept it or not England. You keep telling yourself what you want to hear and when your fue is a failure,be sure to update and not slope off.

All honest fue surgeons will tell you fue produces lower yield. This is a fact,whether you want to accept it or not England. You keep telling yourself what you want to hear and when your fue is a failure,be sure to update and not slope off.

1 - Did you even read my comment? I said, and I quote:

'nearly the level of strip'

There are several world class surgeons who can achieve FUE levels close to that of strip. They all are well respected, perfectly honest, and they all admit that FUE can yield slightly lower.

2 - If you read carefully you would have realised that the argument is about how much lower the yield is with FUE when compared to strip ... not about whether it can be lower or not. Some surgeons strongly push people away from FUE and talk about unpredictable and significantly lower yields. Other surgeons are obviously more talented with a portfolio of patients where even if the yield with FUE is slightly lower, it's undetectable.

3 - You say I'm telling myself what I 'want to hear' - well I've already had a strip once, so I clearly am open to both. I have a choice right now of strip or FUE, money is no issue for me, I can have any type of operation with any surgeon - I selected FUE. You seem to think I selected FUE first, and then tried to justify it. The reality is that I looked at the yield some of the worlds best surgeons can get with FUE and decided that the unnoticeable reduction in yield doesn't justify having a big smiley face on the back of my head. The only person who is trying to justify their decision here is you, keep telling yourself that FUE isn't anywhere near as good and your delusion that 'everyone agrees this'.

4 - Wishing my FUE is a failure? Classy Chris.

Who are the best FUE docs on here? Any recommendations? Getting close to figuring out who I want but need more help.

thanks

You got a really nice selection to go to on this website as well as outside.

I think there are many in the world that you can go to actually. I have seen impressive work from North America to Europe to Turkey and so on.

We each have our own opinion as to who are good but it's hard to pick best of the best.

Have you tried looking at results from the following doctors?

Dr.'s:

Rahal, Bisanga, Keser, Erdogan, Feller, Feriduni, Umar, Charles, Rani, Mohmand, Tru & Dorin, Shapiro, and I can keep on going.

I really think you should view as many results as possible from each doctor and see who can structure the best transplant according to your ideal goals.

I do not support any physician on the website (meaning not compensated by any of them). I had my transplant with Dr. Rahal and got FUE of 3016 grafts. My full results are still pending, got another 6 months to go. I personally think he is a great doctor and just one of the many reasons I selected him was for his hairline success/skill.

Is money a factor for you? If not, you got a HUGE selection.

Best of luck with everything.

Guys,

I think Strip can be great in the right hands just as well as FUE can.

I also think a major factor in the success of each surgery is the physiology of each person. The size of the head, the donor available, the elasticity, skin conditions, healing, and other factors.

Some of these factors may benefit Strip, some may benefit FUE.

I really do think, with the technology we have available today, that FUE can nearly match strip.

Aren't the hairs extracted from FUE still viewed under a microscope? I am sure they are.

If the bulb seems cut off or if there is a risk it may not yield, a doctor wont use that particular piece right? This is how doctors know if 1's were used, 2's were used, 3's were used, 4's were used and so forth. They make sure their techs view it and get the best quality hairs.

I personally prefer FUE as I do not want the linear scar no matter how faint it may seem. In my mind I made a plan, reviewed the risks, weighed the risks, and decided FUE for me would be the best route to take as I wanted total flexibility. I had a virgin scalp and took that route. I have the option to use more donor hair as I have plenty available due to physiology, option to use beard hair in future if I need to (leg hair even), option to use micro pigmentation as a filler if I need to, and so forth. New and new technologies keep coming out. I think some breakthroughs will be made in the next 5-10 years as well.

With that said, I think I have seen great STRIP results that also blow your mind away too.

To each his/her own. I wish all of you that commented in this thread success in your hair restoration journeys.

Chris2010, I posted another comment before this one regarding doctors but it says a moderator has to approve it before it posts to your thread. But I gave a list of some doctors I think you should look through when deciding FUE. I listed coalition doctors as well as those not recommended by this forum. Again, I wish you the best.

This is not a debate about FUE vs Strip - the original poster wants to know good FUE doctors, so I wont go into the specifics of yield. I could just as easily point to the thousands of bad strip surgeries, or how the vast majority of repair cases are from failed strip surgeries - many of which didn't get anywhere near 90% yield or have disastrous scars. It doesn't make strip bad, nor do some bad FUE results make FUE bad.

I'm not insinuating anything about any specific doctors and their results. I'm simply stating the fact that in exercising my personal choice, I would not go for FUE surgery with any doctor who I believed did not believe in FUE being at least nearly as good as strip. I would want confidence going into the procedure and I would not have that if I didn't perceive that my doctor did. That is simply a fact, it's my personal stance, and no amount of your words will change that. And I would suggest the same approach to the OP.

You say that FUE advocates are catering 'to what patients want rather than need and take their money all day long for mega session FUE'? Wow. Firstly, FUE takes longer so doesn't make more profit at all, and secondly - implying that any surgeon who doesn't push their patients away from FUE is doing it against the best wishes of the patient? Massively misguided. Thirdly, no-one mentioned mega-session either.

It's quite possible that different doctors achieve different yields, and perhaps honest for one is different to honest for another. This is the very point of forums like this - to judge the results and work out which doctor we believe in the work of. To think that FUE results are the same for all doctors would render this site pointless.

Edited by England

I didn’t and would never wish poor growth on anyone.

I have had had two poor surgeries myself, so I know how it feels.

He twisted that as he does with most things.

I hope if he gets a mega FUE session which previous posts imply, then I hope whatever the outcome, he keeps us all updated.

If he honestly thinks that all doctors work is documented including the FUE failures, he is very naive.

If he personally believes he has a broader knowledge then Jotronic and Spex combined, then maybe the forum members and both of them should start listening to England from now on, as he appears to be the new expert in hair restoration.

Edited by chrisdav

I didn’t and would never wish poor growth on anyone.

I have had had two poor surgeries myself, so I know how it feels.

He twisted that as he does with most things.

I hope if he gets a mega FUE session which previous posts imply, then I hope whatever the outcome, he keeps us all updated.

If he honestly thinks that all doctors work is documented including the FUE failures, he is very naive.

If he personally believes he has a broader knowledge then Jotronic and Spex combined, then maybe the forum members and both of them should start listening to England from now on, as he appears to be the new expert in hair restoration.

I've not twisted anything - I've had a consistent message throughout this thread, both to you and Spex. Your comment speaks for itself (which is why it was directly quoted) it doesn't need twisting. You showed a complete lack of class right there, which says a lot.

Did I say 'all doctors work is documented including the FUE' failures, as you imply? Not at all. So who's twisting what, exactly? I explicitly said, actually, that both strip and FUE probably have failures. Like I told you last time, you should actually take the time to read what I'm saying then you might start to follow.

You say I claim to have more knowledge than Jotronic and Spex combined, which is clearly rubbish, but are either of them more credible than the whole host of respected surgeons who have been operating for decades who don't put FUE down as much as them? Clearly not. It's not about me claiming any kind of expertise, it's about me having a more balanced view of the differences between FUE and Strip, and not letting myself be brainwashed by posters on here who, lets be honest, both work for clinics. I could make the same argument against you, do you think you know better than the hundreds of doctors who perform FUE every day? Should we all listen to 'Chris'?

I'm still waiting for the evidence of all these 'failed FUE's from top doctors too.

The bottom line, as I keep having to explain to you, is that nearly all surgeons say that FUE can yield lower than strip. That is a point we're all in agreement on. The difference is, some manage to get closer to FUT levels than others. If a doctor gets unpredictable results and inconsistent yields with FUE, and tells me that when I consult with him, I'm not going to have much confidence in that doctor whether it's true or not. In fact, especially not if it's true. Contrast to a doctor who may achieve better yields, still below the level of strip, but good enough that it makes FUE worth considering. I'd feel much happier going with that doctor.

Edited by England

Money is a little bit of a factor for me, but honestly, I would like great results so I can grow my hair long again without like 50 percent of it receded and missing.

You got a really nice selection to go to on this website as well as outside.

I think there are many in the world that you can go to actually. I have seen impressive work from North America to Europe to Turkey and so on.

We each have our own opinion as to who are good but it's hard to pick best of the best.

Have you tried looking at results from the following doctors?

Dr.'s:

Rahal, Bisanga, Keser, Erdogan, Feller, Feriduni, Umar, Charles, Rani, Mohmand, Tru & Dorin, Shapiro, and I can keep on going.

I really think you should view as many results as possible from each doctor and see who can structure the best transplant according to your ideal goals.

I do not support any physician on the website (meaning not compensated by any of them). I had my transplant with Dr. Rahal and got FUE of 3016 grafts. My full results are still pending, got another 6 months to go. I personally think he is a great doctor and just one of the many reasons I selected him was for his hairline success/skill.

Is money a factor for you? If not, you got a HUGE selection.

Best of luck with everything.

I, for one, find England's observation that he would prefer a confident surgeon to be a compelling one. It is not an inflammatory comment insinuating that certain HT docs are better or worse than others; only that some have more confidence in FUE than others. Does confidence mean better results? Time will tell. Skill is obviously a key factor in any event. As to the allegation that England claims to have more knowledge than Jotronic and Spex combined that is rubbish. I am confident of that.

I agree 100% with SPEX. Dr. Feller which is the best FUE surgeon in US I believe, could have made loads of money by marketing his FUE to all new patients but he is just being honest and transparent. I spoke personally with 3 of the top docs in FUE (Bisanga, Shapiro & Feriduni) and all of them told me the same answer that FUT has a superior yield than FUE and that FUE is recommended for stripped out patients and patients who are very conscious of any linear scar and who prefer to get the shaved head look. Even Dr. Bisanga (my FUE idol) never ever mentioned or favored FUE over FUT. Its just that he is somehow famous in FUE method so most of patients approaching him know what they are going to get plus he is the cheapest i believe so comparing to US doctors as he charges EURO 5 per graft only (Free tax). Even Dr. Rahal (my surgeon) who is showing high yielding results in the forum including FUE results, still encourages patients to go FUT for better flexibility, growth guarantee and especially for better future plans. The matter is once you go FUT, you can go FUE in the future. But once you go FUE then forget about FUT. If FUT is done perfectly, you would never notice the scar plus you can have it covered with 400 grafts FUE or even scalp micro pigmentation. Its not a big deal really.

If Jotronic defended about FUT then I would understand England's reply as H&W never perform FUE. But with Spex words I don't think so because he is representing America's top FUE Dr. Feller and he is just being helpful to CHRIS2010 to get the best results and future HT plans along the way. Jotronic and Spex were victims of the bad HT industry and suffered to get repaired in multi sessions, plus Spex experienced both methods so in no way I would imagine that he would make up a false statement. I think he is more experienced than most of us whom we started to learn ABC in HT from this forum or others.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

All of what you said, Hariri, is something nobody has disputed, including me.

I've said, several times, that the vast majority of surgeons suggest FUT over FUE. The difference is that some are able to achieve yields closer to FUT than others. That isn't the same thing as me claiming they say FUE is better - which a lot of people seem to be reading into my comments incorrectly.

All I am saying, and it's a fact, is that just because one doctor gets very poor yields and inconsistent results, doesn't mean that ever other doctor necessarily gets results at the same level. I also want any FUE surgeon of mine to have confidence in my surgery.

As for 'The matter is once you go FUT, you can go FUE in the future. But once you go FUE then forget about FUT.' I don't believe this is true at all. Many doctors I consulted with suggested I could have an FUE then an FUT or the other way around. Some even suggested that having a strip can pull the skin making FUE more difficult in the future as it changes the angle of the hairs.

Edited by England

Brainwashing was perhaps a tad strong.

But here's some honest feedback for you, Spex.

I have been reading this forum for 7 years (I joined not long after you), I've also consulted with tens of doctors and had in-person consults with 4. I've also read probably every single thread in this entire forum, and every other mainstream forum regarding FUE. This doesn't make me an expert, in fact I've posted questions asking for opinions on FUE and in general I look to people such as yourself when making decisions. I know you have met more people, got more experience, and have more knowledge in general.

You have an approach and a stance on FUE, as honest as it may or may not be, which is by far and away the most 'extreme' of any stance I've come across, on forums or in consultations, in terms of how little belief you have in FUE. It's almost like FUE and anti-FUE extremism. At one end, there is the doctor who I can't name who suggests FUE is better than FUT. At the other end, I find myself looking at you - because you are far more negative about FUE when used in mid-size procedures (eg 1,500 - 3,000) than anyone else I've come across, including surgeons who have performed both for years. From my own personal impartial perspective, I find it compelling to believe in a 'middle ground' - which is roughly in line with most surgeons I've dealt with.

That middle ground is that, yes, FUE can be less consistent, and yes, it can yield slightly lower, and even more so in non-expert hands. But the overall consensus seems to be that it doesn't yield so much lower as to make strip the de facto standard as you seem to make out for mid-size sessions.

As a side note, I know you're not opposed to FUE in small sessions, it's specifically the medium size sessions where there seems to be a discrepancy. As for megasessions (3,000+) I'd say the jury is still out on that one, so I'm not claiming that they necessarily work as well as FUT.

On a personal level, I'm lucky that money is absolutely no issue for me, and when I recently decided to have an additional hair surgery I originally intended to consult with yourself. Mainly because everybody has good words to say about you, and you are regarded as one of the more impartial consultants who are employed by clinics. What put me off, was firstly your very harsh stance on FUE which seemed a little out-of-kilter with the message I was getting from everyone else, but also the attitude that comes across with comments like 'trot on', and similar sentiments I've found expressed to Corvettster for example in previous threads. I saw similar approaches from Dr Feller when facing unsatisfied patients which concerned me. The end result was that I decided against getting a consultation with either yourself or Dr Feller. I want to give you this feedback because I don't think anyone benefits from this kind of situation, and I'm sure I'm not the first or the last patient to think along these lines.

I still think you're essentially the go-to guy when it comes to hair transplants, especially when it comes to this forum - and I wish we had gotten off to a more constructive start.

Thanks for the feedback and opinion - i'll take it on board and really appreciate it.

Getting attacked and maligned and called a "brainwasher" for example amongst other slanderers things in the past via aliases can get very tiresome and dealing with individuals online with agendas can also take its toll as time is precious. Certain individuals get outed others just prod enough to stay under the moderators radar and play what they think is a clever little game.

Best of luck and glad to hear you are researching well. Every post on every forum - wow ! Quite an accomplishment.

Best

SPEX

Fair enough, I understand you have to deal with your fair share of 'trolls' - it's always the way on the internet. I also apologise for describing it as 'brainwashing' - that was too far.

I've only read every thread containing the word 'FUE', lol (and probably about 25% of the rest) :)

By the way, I do respect what you say, and I have taken on board your views regarding FUE. At the very least it's certainly helped to ground my expectations.

Cheers

Money is a little bit of a factor for me, but honestly, I would like great results so I can grow my hair long again without like 50 percent of it receded and missing.

If money is a factor for you then, recently, Dr. Radha Radha Rani Palkurthi was recommended by the hair restoration network. In that recommendation it states, "She also operates on only one patient per day and offers her high quality follicular unit hair transplant procedure to her patients at a highly reduced cost of one US dollar per graft via the FUT method and two US dollars per graft via FUE. "

With you having interest in FUE, the $2 per graft price for FUE may be appealing. But I would advise you emailing her clinic and getting a sample of her FUE results. Ask her a bunch of questions regarding tools used and what not. See if she can provide you a transplant ideal to your goals. Actually, ask all doctors that question, recommended ones or ones that are not listed. Ask, tons of questions.

Let's just use her as an example. She is located in India, so you do have to factor the cost of visa fees+ airfare + hotels + food + transportation. Say if you are leaving May 16 and staying until May 20. Return airfare from Philadelphia Airport to the Airport in her city including the cost of hotel stay for that time period at a 4 star hotel would be around a total cost between $1650-1800, add around another $200 if you are going to stay 2 more days. I got the package price (flight + hotel) estimates from travelocity and other travel engines.

So you have to factor in such costs if you are going to travel internationally. Let's put $75 dollars as the price for a 6 month visa tourism fee for US citizens, say the total cost of hotel and round trip airfare costs $2000, you'll have to factor in food (estimate $200), taxis I don't think would cost much but give or take $10-$15 a day. So, let's put an estimated cost of $2400 as the total cost of travel which includes airfare, hotel, food, transportation, visa fees.

Hypothetically, lets say you need 2000 grafts via FUE. According to her rates that is 2000 * $2= $4000. So, $2400 (travel/hotel/visafee/food/transportation) + $4000 (surgery expense) = $6400. So, $6400 will be the estimated total cost of your procedure including travel.

Regardless who you go to for FUE, my advice would be to seek .75 to .9 as acceptable punch sizes. IMO, don't go higher than 1mm. Seems like you have straight hair. It may make things easier for you.

Best of luck with everything man.

Even Dr. Rahal (my surgeon) who is showing high yielding results in the forum including FUE results, still encourages patients to go FUT for better flexibility, growth guarantee and especially for better future plans.

With respect Hariri, I do not believe that is an accurate statement.

I sought out Dr. Rahal looking for an FUE procedure, and was informed that I would be a good candidate for both FUT or FUE. At no time was I "encouraged" to go with FUT, nor was it suggested that FUT is a markedly better procedure for yield.

The clinic repeatedly stated their confidence in FUE yield before, during, and after the procedure. I believe I was quoted their expectation is roughly 95-100% yield from FUT and 90-95% yield from FUE.

Will these results bear out? I don't know, because I am still only 10 weeks post. However we will find out from photos posters such as myself and Sean, and it will be documented here.