where do i find out what these surgeries cost. i've only been on this site for a few days now. im just starting to look into this but i'm not sure what it costs. can anybody give me an idea? i figure since its not talked about much it must be really expensive.

where do i find out what these surgeries cost. i've only been on this site for a few days now. im just starting to look into this but i'm not sure what it costs. can anybody give me an idea? i figure since its not talked about much it must be really expensive.

You wont really find much on costs on the website itself. Every doctor across the globe has various prices for various procedures.

Generally, if you want to get FUE surgery, the cost is Almost twice as high per graft then FUT (STRIP).

Some doctors on this website can perform both, while some only perform FUT or FUE.

Are you willing to travel long distances for a transplant or would prefer something local?

What I would do is to look through a bunch of results by different doctors on this website that match your hair loss pattern. Then, send each of those doctors an email with your photos and get an online consult if they offer it and get a quote. That's a really good way to get pricing. To do an online consult or an in person consult if you can.

Good Luck.

It is very hard to have any idea without any pictures posted.

Post some up and I am sure members will be able to give you a rough guide.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

coho....many of the better clinics display basic pricing info right on their websites.

there is no secret, but it's a given that cosmetic surgery is not super cheap

each patient must decide if saving the money by being bald is what they prefer

(most hair transplants are going to be in the cost range of a few year old used car

but remember a used car only last a few years, a hair transplant lasts forever)

see each link below for a few examples of some highly rated clinics pricing

Hair Transplant Cost

Financial Information

Costs - Hair Transplants New York / New Jersey, Long Island and International

Hair Transplant Cost New York, New Jersey, Boston - True & Dorin

Affordable, Natural Hair Transplant Surgery | Carolina Dermatology | Dr. Jerry Cooley

Hair Transplant Cost

Hair Transplant Cost & Financing in Florida*-*Charles Medical Group

Edited by Shampoo

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

• 2 weeks later...

Please give me an idea of what hair surgery would cost for the strip type. All replies appreciated. How many grafts do you think I need? And while I am at it, any referrals for Colorado or Missouri are appreciated.

IMG_1052.JPG.e937a92a30415a1565a6c77f068bd98b.JPG

IMG_1054.JPG.b933738f9394ddf9410a4916a638c1f0.JPG

IMG_1053.JPG.a94c6ea6791b43d24b96c2dc50132ef8.JPG

Edited by sabercat

Saber....

In my opinion.....speaking in "ballpark terms"...with your amount of loss, you will most likely need two surgeries. Each surgery would probably be between 3000-3500 grafts. You will see a big difference after the first surgery, but will probably like the direction you're headed and want another one to complete the look. Again "ball park" speaking you could spend between $10K-$13K on your first surgery, then depending on how large the second surgery is will define the ultimate cost. Check out my post above that has links to many top surgeon's pricing. Others with more expertise than me will chime in, but I would say depending on your goals and donor hair availability you're going need at least 5000 grafts before you are finished.

Look for a doctor and learn lots from these interviews:

Interviews with our recommended hair transplant physicians

And while I am at it, any referrals for Colorado or Missouri are appreciated.

Dr. Jim Harris is an outstanding transplant surgeon. He is in Colorado. He will treat you great. He is one of those surgeons that is always researching and looking for better ways to do things.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I'd say you'll need about 8000 grafts to get a decent result at least, if you have good laxity it's possible you could get 8000 grafts in one session with Dr Hasson or Dr Rahal but thats not the norm, if you don't you'll need two or three operations i'd start doing scalp exercises if you're gonna go down the ht route.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Just to expand on the two procedure advice already given: what they mean is that you might need to focus on restoring the front and then having work done to the crown at a later date. (Or the other way around; but most patients prioritize the front).

It might be possible to cover both in one session, but that depends on what the surgeon thinks is possible.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

You'd need amazing laxity to hit 8k grafts in one session & I have seen it in front of me before but the gentleman had a lot of loose skin on the back of his head. You'd also need a big bag of cash in one go like that.

You'd be amazed at how much different you would look & the significant change you would experience from 4-5k grafts in one session if you have the density & laxity as it would frame your face & fill out a lot of your scalp quite nicely.

You'd need amazing laxity to hit 8k grafts in one session

Dutch what about like 4500-5000 grafts as far as laxity?

Is 4500-5000 not nearly as laxity dependent?

I've been told I have decent to good laxity.

I keep trying to get myself to do exercise but ya know how that goes.

Also Dutch what do you think about scars from 2 vs 1 procedure?

I suppose it's one long scar vs two shorter scars?

Any thoughts...pro or con?

Loads of people get 4000 5000 grafts it's quite common nowadays, 8000 is rare but I've seen about 5 people on here get 8000 ish and I could of done 8000 in one session no problem but had a lot of existing hair. As far as cost for 8000 it's a lot cheaper than 2 sessions at 4000 grafts with most surgeons so you may as well go for glory if you can.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

As far as cost for 8000 it's a lot cheaper than 2 sessions at 4000 grafts with

yeah Bonker I can see that....you're right I suppose one session

at 5000 grafts would be lots less than two sugeries at 2500 grafts each.

what do you think about one long scar vs two shorter scars?

does it matter?

it just seems the scar from the large session is sooooo big

but i guess once covered by hair it doesnt matter

i wonder about post surgery discomfort in long scar vs short scar too

If you have good laxity, you can achieve 5k or so. I was told I had good laxity, I think it was quite average. But I still managed 4700 grafts.

As for the scar, it'll still be quite long even with a smaller op like 2-3k for example. Its usually how wide the scar is that the doc goes for. Mine was 32cm long. Ideally you'd want to go for as little number of ops as you can if you have reached an advanced pattern or know where you're heading & move on with life. One more FUT for me & I'll call it a day

Edited by Dutch

Like Dutch says they're usually about 30cm long for around 5000 grafts, I prefer having a long scar as 2 scars gives you 2 chances of scar stretching with thickness which is the real problem when hiding scars it's more the thickness that gives the game away as oppose to length.

Also what's the point in having 2 scars you could just have one really thick piece of scalp removed let's say 3 cm width by 20 cm length in one scar rather than 2 pieces of scalp removed both being 1.5 cm width and 20 cm length. Are you aware if you have 2 surgeries on separate days you don't have 2 scars the doctor removes the old scar at every surgery so you only ever have 1? If you don't have enough laxity for 3cm width in one session you'd have to go for length or 2 seperate surgeries.

I wouldn't worry about discomfort with any length any strip removed hurts the first night straight after surgery but when you wake up it's much better and the painkillers they give you are really good. Anasthetic runs out really quickly on me so I feel the full force of discomfort as soon as leaving surgery and I have to say it's not half as bad as you'd think.

Another reason why you go as big as you can is the more strips you have removed the more follicles get cut and killed during the removal of the strip unless you have one seriously awesome surgeon who doesn't cut any when cutting the strip out.

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

very imformative....thanks Bonker (and Dutch)

Dutch and Bonker....if I can pick your brains one more time. How important do you rate an in person consultation being totally separate before you schedule a surgery trip? I am considering a cross-country flight to one of the best surgeons, but I was planning on first flying for a consult and then making my final decision. But several people have said "dont waste your money flying/hotels for a consult....since it is an elite doctor go ahead and schedule your surgery, meet the doctor the day before, a have it done". But in the doctor interviews..ect...all I ever hear is meet the doctor, make sure you have good chemistry, hear what he/she has to say about your hairloss.....but then I hear "dont waste the money on a cross-country consult". The on-line consult just doesnt do it for me. I am still leaning towards flying just for the consult first and scheduling a surgery for a later date...but just wanted your experienced opinion.

Edited by Shampoo

I see your point. Depends how far you'll be travelling & how much it'll cost you & if you can afford it. You could just go for a consultation to see what you think of the doc & the clinic itself etc.

I personally emailed the clinic many times, sent photos etc. Then booked the operation, flight & hotel. It was a lot of commitment & money to put up front. Luckily for me the doctor was great & so was the whole clinic & the team working with him.

I think they're pointless to be honest I couldnt care less about chemistry i dont even care if he's a real arse hole if he can make my hair grow better than anyone else he's my man, i did my consultation studying surgeons on forums for many years once I'd decided who I wanted I had every bit of faith in him and whatever he said was good for me just make sure you send really clear pictures to make sure you haven't got any issues with your donor that stops you from having a Ht and a clear photo of the the current hair loss on top. It's very rare someone turns up on op day and is turned away because of forementioned problems.

For me it's just really obvious who to go to there's 2 clinics that are consistently better than anyone else imo then another 2 just behind them.

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Thanks guys....