IN a weird place...

So, I have not shaved down like I usually do post HT. (I'm just waiting for the shaved down bits to catch up to the rest of my hair.) This is an odd waiting game, and it is depressing as shit because I see glimmers of how good it will look when all returns to normal, but right now i wake up looking freakish. I know--it's just gonna take time. The other day I came close with the buzzer but fought against the urge. If you guys give me some of your most positive, hair-inducing vibes I would be much obliged! GROW GROW GROW GROW GROW GROW GROW GROW GROW GROW GROW GROW GROW! Goodnight my baldie friends!

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Haha you will look back at this thread in a few months time with fond memories with a tonne of new hair on your head, liberated from these frustrations, so feel safe in the knowledge that its all coming along!

Just read your blog, so how many grafts have you got left and how much of that head of hair is all natural so to speak?

maninspace, Thanks for the support! I think I might have one more strip in the bank (2k grafts) and then I probably have some FUE left. Basically 90% of my head I would say is transplanted at this point.

ventuo, There's a forum for nearly everything these days so that wouldn't surprise me.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hairthere

I don't need you to come on here depressed about hair. Ha. I need support from you!!! It's funny you mentioning how good you can see things. I look back at my 2 week post op pictures and think " man if I can just get back there, I could actually wear my hair that short and I think it will look good". It sucks waiting. I had a friend of my go to the military and he said they're favorite saying was " nothing can stop time ". Just think each and everyday we are one day closer to where we want to be!!! Keep your head up!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Alls well NH, I was really stressed from factors other than hair and just physically and mentally shot when I started this thread. I know my situation is actually very good and I am lucky all things considered. I do have what looks to be some growth in the temple points already, but I know this is a long road.

I can never understand why people do that rather than shaving, no offence pal but it's just best to cut the lot op day and let it come in gradually imo as it's pointless having long patches of hair when you can't style it or use it anyway but each to their own and the way you've done it seems to be the most popular way which makes me a minority and probably wrong. I hope it grows fast for you so you can get your swagger on.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Bonker,Normally I do shave down, and I agree with you on your strategy. The reason I am doing it differently this time is that I have had some pretty bad shockloss along the scar but the hair I have covers it up. So I figure that won't start re-growing for another 2-3 months. By that time my forelock will have re-grown it's native HT hair and all should be well. I am basically biting the bullet and looking odd for 3 months and living under a hat, so by the warmer weather all should be well. Luckily the slouchy beanie hat works well on me and since I"m a musician I can pull it off all the time.

Stagger, Thanks bro!

Don't shave dude. Shaving it all is far worse than having awkward hairs. Give it a couple weeks and you might be able to style the hair in a way to hide your freakishness!:D

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Yeah I'm gonna tough it out Aaron. Hey how is your scar from your last surgery? And how has the HT come in? You're close to a year now aren't you?

Scar is ok - will definitely need a revision at some point but I can live with it for now. I'm at 8 months now - not too much different than the six month. I'll post nine month pics when I get there.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Thanks bro! Yeah, easier said than done. It's like watching the grass grow. And I have the whole regimen going on minus removing the mirrors...I still need to make sure i don't have food in my teeth or boogers up the nose ya know!