3060 FUT with Dr. Rahal

Hello Everyone,

First of all thanks to all community members, moderators and active community personal ,your experiences and guidance, influenced me to go for a hair transplant . Your valuable inputs and guidance helped me a lot to make a wise selection of the surgeon.

I am not gonna go through all the details which are very well explained and posted by the senior members like Sean, Capilli , newhair, nomore hats etc.

My goal is to restore the hairline and work on my temple points. I was very happy with the hair line design suggested by dr.rahal ! I cant ask for a better than that. Dr. rahal quoted me 2800 thru online consultaion to attain my desired result and said that number is more than enough in person on surgery day.I requested him if he can/wants he can go as many grafts as he can to give me a better result and we finally fixed to 3k grafts on my request.

Surgery Day Feb 29th :

I was in the clinic around 6:10 mike(head nurse) gave me some paper work to fill in.. Its 12 page paper work. Then dr.rahal met me and took to his office room and designed the hairline and finalized on the grafts, mike took the pre op pics. All set for surgery and everything went smooth then on..

You can refer to sean or other members posts which is a similar experience to mine so im not going in detail..

Dr. rahal is very caring, careful and make sures everything is going fine throughout the surgery.He will take the strip and makes the incisions, and his staff will plant the grafts. His Staff are really amicable and workaholics. Head Nurse mike is really very helpful he will take care of you like the way a mother take cares of her newborn baby !! He is so nice..

done with the day one cleaning.. Swelling starts kick in just before my first cleaning. I saw in the mirror and for a second thought who da heck are you.. Lol ,, I look like alein now.. Had some pain in the donor area. Pain killers gave me some relief to sleep..

These are the post op pics after day1 cleaning (next day of surgery) .

For post op day 1 pics check my album !!

<a href=8826.jpg' alt='8826.jpg'>

Hair Restoration Social Network - Hair Loss and Transplant Photos

Edited by hugehunk92

Keep us posted with your progress.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Thank u thank u !! Hopefully everything goes as i expected , i know waiting is the toughest part, will update u guys regularly, also need to talk about adams airport inn thats where i am statying, its close to dr.rahal clinic. $10 cab drive, dr rahal has a friendly regular cab driver, no worries he is the only one who will take u everyday for pick up and drop off, so no need to worry about your wierd looks etc..Hotel is cheap $100 after taxes , room looks really clean n good, there is no microwave thats the only complaint i can see..

Congrats on your surgery! Looks great and I can't wait to see updates. How are you feeling right about now?

It is a waiting game, but it's gonna pay off big time. I think the placement looks great and with the amount of grafts you got, your in for an amazing result man. Can't wait to see this one.

Congrats again, and happy growin.

Thanks everyone !!

Today is my post op Day 3 .Swelling is stilll there. Better than yeserday, I have chubby cheeks now, it doesn't looks like a swelling to new people who didnt seen me b4.Now, I just look like a fat kid with chubby cheeks lol..

I added some post op day 3 pics !!

@Sean Thanks and Can u suggest some of your supplement regime ?, i saw lot of pills in ur regime, does it working for u ? I m on propecia since 2 months and gonna continue the rogaine after day 14..

8853.jpg

Hugehunk

As terrible as that picture is I can see the vitamin e oil!!! Ha

Use Biotin 5000 MCG a day...also add in some 2-3k MSM mg per day....That helps....its not gonna save your hair, but every little bit helps...I also take a good multi vitamin to go with these...

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Congrats on the surgery.

Does anybody know if Dr Rahal performs surgery in California or do we have to go to Canada? I was looking at his website and he has several locations including one in California.

Only performs surgery in Ottawa...

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

Thanks everyone !!

Today is my post op Day 3 .Swelling is stilll there. Better than yeserday, I have chubby cheeks now, it doesn't looks like a swelling to new people who didnt seen me b4.Now, I just look like a fat kid with chubby cheeks lol..

I added some post op day 3 pics !!

@Sean Thanks and Can u suggest some of your supplement regime ?, i saw lot of pills in ur regime, does it working for u ? I m on propecia since 2 months and gonna continue the rogaine after day 14..

8853.jpg

Looks pretty good. I know that vitamin e oil is a pain to apply, it drips all over the place.

But MSM, BIOTIN are great, Fish Oils I listed are great, and The B-complex helps too I feel. B-Complex is actually good for the nerves, circulatory system, etc.

I think, but when I took b complex about 2 months after my surgery, my numbness on my scalp went away/ donor area went away and I started to feel more normal. Like my sensation has completely returned to 100%.

In regards to B vitamins,

Read, What Vitamins & Minerals Can Help With Nerve Regeneration | LIVESTRONG.COM

However, read this too as you don't want to much of it Vitamins That Help Repair Nerve Damage | LIVESTRONG.COM

Green tea is good too. It's not good before surgery as it causes extra bleeding, but I think after 1 month or so it's great. It makes me feel good, it is a good antioxidant and it increases bloodflow. Bloodflow to the grafts is a good thing.

If your not allergic to any of the stuff, then give it a try after a month. I'd start off with MSM first, and then add biotin 2-3 weeks later. You want to let your body get used to taking it all even though they are just vitamins. Hopefully this way you can see how much of a difference each make for you too.

lookin forward to seeing your updates.

Congrats on the surgery.

Does anybody know if Dr Rahal performs surgery in California or do we have to go to Canada? I was looking at his website and he has several locations including one in California.

Other locations are for consultations. Like NHP said, the surgical center is in Ottawa.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Thanks Sean !!

I m gonna get some b-complex today ! I know u hav gone for fue , but typically how long does the donor area stays sore or numb for FUT . Mine is still bothering me , i cant really sleep well on my back laying my head down , everytime it touches the pillow i can feel the pain around scar area like something poking . Now im on my post op day 8 ! Are there any tips for fast healing of donor area ?

Thanks Sean !!

I m gonna get some b-complex today ! I know u hav gone for fue , but typically how long does the donor area stays sore or numb for FUT . Mine is still bothering me , i cant really sleep well on my back laying my head down , everytime it touches the pillow i can feel the pain around scar area like something poking . Now im on my post op day 8 ! Are there any tips for fast healing of donor area ?

I have heard some FUT hair loss patients take a few months to heal and recover from the numbness. I've read somewhere it usually is 2-6 months for total sensitivity to come back. Just hang in there man. Your on your road to recovery, I don't think it'll take long. Just take care of your health and follow those post op instructions to the core.

I just know that the vitamin b complex is good for the nerves in general. My numbness came back pretty quick with my supplement regimen (POSSIBLY). But as always double check with Rahal patient care and let them know what you are going to take and if they advise it is ok to take at this point. Since everyone is different.

Hope your feeling better though. Look forward to your next update. How is the scabbing now? Still on that baby shampoo right? That shampoo is such a pain to use. I got sick of it after a while.

Huge hunk

My donor area, actually right above it and throughout the crown are still very numb and it just has a sensitive and strange sensation. I'm sure there are several nerves that are severed in strip surgery. The nerves have to regenerate. I'm 7 weeks post op so hopefully within the next few months it will get better. The sensitiveness has already gotten better. It's like everything else with hair transplants; time!

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

HH, the valleys are normal, I had this also post Dr.Rahal. I can dig up the photos off my iPad later if you would like to see them. Re the numbness, I had NO feeling in my scalp up top until almost 2 months. At 10 weeks, I now have had most of the sensitivity return, but there is still some numbness in the recipient area and mid-front.