PROPECIA WARNING - Drug Linked to Erectile Dysfunction & Cancer!

roberthilley

Have you suffered from sexual side effects and/or cancer after taking Propecia?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Disclosure: I work with the law firm mentioned within this post and obtained permission from the Forum Moderators before posting here. I understand that this topic may bring criticism, however there have been a large number of men who suffered from sexual side effects after taking Propecia. Let the text below do the talking and feel free to visit our website to learn more.

--------------

Propecia has recently been linked to a number of severe side effects including: erectile dysfunction, impotence, low libido, gynecomastia, breast cancer and prostate cancer.

According to research conducted at the Center for Andrology and Division of Endocrinology at George Washington University, physicians treating MPHL should discuss the potential risk of persistent sexual side effects associated with Propecia.

PROPECIA LAWSUIT UPDATE: More than 50 people from 22 states have joined a lawsuit against Merck & Co. and its subsidiaries for failing to warn the public about the dangerous side effects associated with their male pattern baldness drugs. Our firm continues to be contacted by a number of men claiming severe sexual side effects after taking Propecia. The unfortunate part is that many of these men claim that the side effects did not go away after stopping treatment.

MERCK PULLS PROPECIA WEBSITE DOWN: Mounting research and numerous case studies involving the serious side effects of Propecia (finasteride) have apparently prompted pharmaceutical giant Merck to pull its content from the company’s website.

PROPECIA SIDE EFFECTS

less desire for sex

difficulty in achieving an erection (erectile dysfunction)

decrease in the amount of semen

problems with ejaculation

gynecomastia

impotence

testicular pain

male breast cancer

prostate cancer

PROPECIA LAWSUIT HELP

To learn more about the side effects associated with Propecia and to see if you qualify to participate in a lawsuit against the manufacturers of the drug, you’re urged to visit Schmidt & Clark, LLP. The law firm is actively representing a number of men who took Propecia and subsequently developed erectile dysfunction, impotence, low libido, gynecomastia, breast cancer or prostate cancer.

Robert,

Thanks for taking the time to present information related to the class action lawsuit against Merck as it relates to Propecia side effects. I hope you'll keep everyone up to date with any updates.

Personally, I've experienced no sexual side effects or any other problems (that I'm aware of) from Propecia.

For those who are interested, we've also presented some information related to Propecia, pending lawsuits and sexually and cancer related side effects. See:

Federal Consolidation of Lawsuits Against Hair Loss Drug Propecia (Finasteride)

Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Manufacturer of the Hair Loss Drug Propecia

FDA Warns Hair Loss Drugs Propecia (Finasteride) and Avodart (Dutasteride) May Increase Risk of Prostate Cancer?

Best wishes,

Bill

Here is some additional information:

A 2008 study showed that sexual Propecia side effects could be as high as 38 percent. That same year, the Swedish Medical Products Agency advised that use of Propecia could result in irreversible Propecia erectile dysfunction.

A 2011 study of 71 men found that 92 percent developed Propecia erectile dysfunction, and that many were still experiencing Propecia side effects 40 months after stopping the medication.

In June 2011, manufacturer Merck changed the U.S. label to indicate that use of the drug could cause lasting Propecia erectile dysfunction.

As reported in Men's Health:

Baldness Remedy Side Effects

A Hair-Raising Side Effect

It's a common baldness remedy, but its side effects may be more than you—or your girlfriend—can handle

I have to say that this forum is not the place to allow personal injury lawyers to recruit people in order to make more money for themselves. We are all well aware of the potential side effects of Finasteride so I view this recruitment effort under the guise of a poll and a public service announcement to be distasteful and quite frankly laughable.

I have never experienced any of the symptoms mentioned since taking finasteride.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

"severe side effects"?

Not even close for me. All drugs have some side effects and the patient along with his/her doctor must decide if the positive outweighs the negative.

Personally Propecia has by far been a positive. In fact I firmly believe without Propecia I would be completely bald and very depressed.

I hope lawyers, defendents, and juries don't cause Propecia to be taken off the market for the millions of guys that depend on it. Yes warnings should be given by the drug maker and doctor, but hopefully a few won't prevent the many from reaping the benefits of Propecia.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

I have to say that this forum is not the place to allow personal injury lawyers to recruit people in order to make more money for themselves. We are all well aware of the potential side effects of Finasteride so I view this recruitment effort under the guise of a poll and a public service announcement to be distasteful and quite frankly laughable.

I have to agree. That is what this thread feels like. I do agree that informative posts regarding the known and potential side effects are a really good thing to post about as all of us who take Propecia are obviously interested. There just seems to be a bit of a conflict with the way this particular post has been presented.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

I really don't understand how people can make a lawsuit against the company, it says in plain English, the possible side effects associated with the drug, it's not like someone put a gun to their head and forced them to take the meds!!

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

• 2 weeks later...

i say yes propecia give me side effect like :

less desire for sex

difficulty in achieving an erection (erectile dysfunction)

decrease in the amount of semen

problems with ejaculation

gynecomastia

impotence

testicular pain

The side effects are real.

for some

i say yes propecia give me side effect like :

less desire for sex

like with all drugs...some users may see temporary or permanent side effects

again the word is....some users...many don't see side effects

I think it's counter-intuitive for the government to force the label of prostate cancer and breast cancer as possible adverse effects but at the same time allow the medication to be in the market.

Personally, those 2 cancers as possible (although rare) side effects, plus possible persistent erectile dysfunction, are the ones which make me reluctant in taking Finasteride.