1 week left till Hair Transplant with Dr Rahal 3000 Grafts.

Jacob1989

Morning amigo's :cool:

So it's one week today until my HT with Dr Rahal, pretty excited/nervous but i know im in great hands. I'll be in Ottawa 4 days before surgery so should be nice to see some sights. I will be staying at Foxbar 2 days after the surgery.

I created a blog to keep you all updated with this whole experience, i've included some pre op pictures i took last night so you can see where im at now. Im booked for 3000 Grafts but im guessing i may end up having more than this.

It's been a tough 2 years researching into this and i can now say i am ready for it, i understand i am very young for this and understand i may need to commit to a 2nd HT in the future but i am also confident of picking one of the best surgeons.

Onwards and upwards i hope

Jacob.

Hair Restoration Site for thegeneral

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have picked one of the best and best of luck Jacob.

Post your post op pics when you get them.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Jacob,

Best of luck my man! Youve been waiting patiently for two years and researching well no doubt. You have chosen the best in the game and the leader in the hairline genre. Rahal will hit a home run with you! Good luck with the whole procedure! Keep us all up to date on your experience and how things progress. Remember, we?re all here for you! You must be so excited!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone and im so excited to finally get this done, excited to see what kind of hairline we will come up with.

Raphael84 - Im dead excited! you should really update your blog though ;) how are things with you since your op?

Congrats! You are in great hands. Feel free to email me if you have any questions/concerns! Keep us posted!

Good luck...you are in great hands!! Dr Rahal is excellent...if you have any questions for me as well, just shoot me a pm...I was just in Ottawa a little over a month ago? Where are you flying in from? Are you driving? Just wondering cause I see you are only staying two days post op...Just a heads up, you may wanna book a couple of extra nights...that 3rd day, the day you are planning on leaving, MAY get pretty rough with swelling...

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Thanks, i'll be sure to PM you Newhairplease and Capelli if i have any questions, i hope the healing for you both is going well!.

Newhairplease - Im flying on saturday from London to Ottawa, Staying at adams in 4 days before the procedure and 2 days at Foxbar after the op. Unfortnuately my flight is already booked for the way home and cant change it (unless i want to pay an extra ?1000), i've already spoken to one of the patient advisors about the swelling. I will be going to the clinic the day i fly to get cleaned up/bandaged up so im just going to have to be strong and deal with the flight as much as it may suck looking like i will at an international airport but nevermind.

Jacob, are you flying from Heathrow or Gatwick? Direct into Ottawa? Is it just the paperwork from Rahal that you are taking with you? Is that all that is required? You must be psyched!

I havent actually undertaken my HT as of yet. Work commitments meant I had to postpone, but am in for later this year and nothing is going to stop me this time!

Best of luck man! You?ll be done and dusted and resting up at home in no time!

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Raphael - Im flying from Heathrow mate, i will be taking a suitcase with some warm clothes :) What kind of paperwork do you mean?

Good to hear, im sure your just as excited to get it done. Thanks alot man im pretty excited! last day at work tomorrow so i cant wait to get packed and out to Canada.

Jacob, a strong piece of advice:

Pack a small amount of each medication and liquid in your carry-on bag when you return home. I did this by buying small 3oz bottles, and pouring the baby shampoo into one, and the saline solution into the other. This was crucial, because United (the suck) Airlines misplaced my luggage for 48 hours after I returned home. If I had not packed the liquid in my carry on, I would have had no saline and no baby shampoo for 2+ days.

Jacob,

Forget the paperwork question mate. I was asking regarding any Visa style forms etc to land in Canada but have since been informed that nothing is necessary, only your passport. This is Saturday! Wicked! Just getting a taxi from the airport? Im sure you?ll be fine pain wise. Thats what some on the meds are for. Just take what you need to get you through the worst of it. Whereabouts are you from in the UK!

Jacob, from what I can see on your website's pre op photos, you seem to have good quality hair. 3000 grafts is gonna look great in the area you have outlined. You may be able to get more coverage. Can't wait to see how it looks.

Jacob,

Tommorrow it nearly is! Stay positive and confident. Are you taking your laptop over with you to keep us all up to date and your experiences? Really interested in your journey and looking forward to see your great results!

Good luck my man!!!

Sean

I just checked out your 5 month post op photos....that is ridiculous...you look great man....And you probably just started growing!! Good luck buddy!!!

Jacob

Keep us updated....tell Mike to wrap you extra tight for that flight home..lol

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

hi guys, im in the same boat. been researching hairtransplant surgury and dr's for 10 years now. im now 33 and my hairloss has progressed to a point that i am finally seriously considering a HT. i drove to ottawa to have a consultation with dr rahal as he is one dr that i have been researching for some time and seems to have nothing but good reviews and results. i was also consider H&W but it is a 7 hour flight for me, whereas rahal is a 2 hr drive from me. i feel lucky to be so close to rahal who, from my research, is an outstanding surgeon. my consultation with dr rahal went very well. he is very nice. he recommended 4500 grafts FUT. i am also debating doing 2 sessions FUE, 2500 each. i am very nervous about going through with this, but readin your posts has been so helpful.

jacob, good fo you for taking the plunge. where can i see you pics? sean, where can i see your pics.?