2 scars combined into 1...

NEWHAIRPLEASE

This is amazing to me...in 1992 I had two procedures...one was 50 micro grafts..the other was 400-500 micro grafts...it was not a strip,, it was done with a 2mm punch and then broken down as small as could be back then...I GUESS...anyway, the scars looked pretty bad, but were not that noticeable,,even with my hair short...

BUT, when You look at them from this view, its unbelievable that Dr Rahal got 4800 plus grafts and combined these two into one!!! And, on top of that told me I still have 3-4k left!! Just thought this would be interesting to share because I know we had a thread on here a while back about two scars vs one....I can personally attest to the fact that one is better than two!!

IMG_1484.jpg.9f1004371f9365a9a3195f558cb83bb7.jpg

IMG_1486.jpg.90415e74d18300233a352ee839b38d21.jpg

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

NewHairPlease,

That's great news. Not only will you be left with a single and most likely thinner scar, but given your scalp elasticity and donor density, you'll have a natural and much thicker head of hair.

I look forward to reading a detailed account of your experience and viewing more photos.

Heal and grow well,

Bill

Looks like that doctor was still using plug tools to remove grafts. In any case that horror is over for you!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Looks like that doctor was still using plug tools to remove grafts. In any case that horror is over for you!

It was 1992...Yea I think it was all done with a 2mm punch...:mad:

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

Wow, you were actually lucky those scars were placed where they were. My first one was too low unfortunately to combine with the new one, although now they are very close after removing 3 more strips. I could probably combine them now.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Wow, you were actually lucky those scars were placed where they were. My first one was too low unfortunately to combine with the new one, although now they are very close after removing 3 more strips. I could probably combine them now.

I definitely could have been in a lot worse shape than I was for 20 years ago and being 18....I count my blessings and thank God I still have quit a bit of native hair left as well as the good amount of density and laxity...

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

Yes you were very lucky the scars were where they were and your laxity was good enough. Rahal knows with time your scalp will relax around the new scar giving you more grafts available to you in the future.

I have a question I've never asked a patient before but have always wanted to know. Why did you get those minigrafts in the 90's I don't understand how it could possibly look good, were the surgeons painting a illusion that things would turn out like they do nowadays? Were you shown fake result photos? I find the whole sell of them minigrafts so interesting because so many people went for it.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Bonker

To answer your question very honestly , there wasn't much of an inertnet research in the early 90s. Also, even today, at 18 or 19 yo people panic and pull the trigger way to quick. Also, the minis with ALOT of native hair will camoflauge pretty easy. It's when you are real thin they stick out like a sore thumb.

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

Yes I suppose placed in amongst natural hairs it would help boost thickness that does make sense why someone would pull the trigger. I bet they had photos Like that to promote their work. The sales reps must not have been able to sleep at night having seen peoples results.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I have a question I've never asked a patient before but have always wanted to know. Why did you get those minigrafts in the 90's I don't understand how it could possibly look good, were the surgeons painting a illusion that things would turn out like they do nowadays? Were you shown fake result photos? I find the whole sell of them minigrafts so interesting because so many people went for it.

I've often wondered that myself. I can understand NHP's explanation for his own situation, but all too often men would get plugs to 'cover' totally bald areas.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

NewHair,

Congratulations on getting rid of the "plug" scars while also undergoing state-of-the-art hair transplant surgery!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Matt I suppose our quest for hair makes us do crazy things. I nearly gave advance laser studios 4000 pound to put a laser comb on my head lol. Fortunately I saw through the scam.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1