Dr. Devroye Hair Transplant 10 day post op

waisal

This is a post to recount my recent procedure of 1757 FUE (2962 hairs) with Dr Devroye in early Feb 2012 this is my fourth procedure following 2 FUT and 1 previous FUE the previous procedures had left me with what I considred to be an unrefined hairine and poor density so this procedure with Dr Devroye was a repair to deal primariy with those concerns.

After visiting Dr Devroye in Oct 2011 and discussing my concerns he said he could take approx 1500 grafts to deal with my concerns and I was reassured by his assessment and also reputation on these forums. 700 single hair grafts were placed in the hairline and a few poor grafts from previous FUTs were also removed. I also had 200 grafts placed in the scars. I had originally booked for the end of Dec 2011 but I had to cancel at the last minute due to a death in the family and I must say that Dr Devroye and his team were massively understanding and supportive allowing me to reschedule the surgery for Feb 2012.

I will add the photos and full graft breakdown from Dr Devroye once I recieve the information. The day with Dr Devroye went very smoothly and I was impressed by the dedication and meticulous approach of the whole team.

DSC00471.jpg.c46520b2fc3f5e95ca1e4b0bba306855.jpg

DSC00488.jpg.ce30532cbd1269f180934e27c7e9c967.jpg

DSC00494.jpg.ed2b6228a61f3fdb464a35901bfa4f84.jpg

DSC00497.jpg.c73a29fc6004b980b63fa4029167311a.jpg

DSC00499.jpg.add2a0194c11d91a5394adaad617fd57.jpg

Edited by waisal
text change

Hey waisal congrats. Sorry to hear about the death in your family and was very happy to hear that Dr. Devroye was accomodating for you. I think eventually I will also do some FUE into my scar if its possible. Question: how do you slepp for the first week or so? It has to be sitting up right? With grafts in the back of your head even sleeping in a recliner with a travel pillow on must be difficult...

waisal,

I very sorry to hear about your loss. Congratulations on your recent hair transplant with Dr. Devroye. I'm very ahppy that they were accommodating given your circumstances.

Best of luck and happy growing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Guys

Thank You all for your condolences.

In response to some of the questions FUE into the scar was not a problem a little more sore than if it was non scar tissue but sleep wise I avoided sleeping on the back of my head for a couple of days only, Dr Devroye said I shouldn't be too concerned about it after that period.

I will post some more before pictures when I recieve them from Dr Devroye but I do have some on my blog on this site in the meantime.

Everything seems to be healing well my biggest concern now is returning to work in a few days and having to explain my shaved head to colleagues.

Waisal,

Congratulations on selecting a world renowned surgeon to perform your hair transplant. I've been personally impressed by Dr. Devroye's hair transplant results for years and have had the pleasure of speaking with him regarding his hair transplant technique in person at various ISHRS (International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery) conferences. His passion and dedication is evident in his results and the gleam in his eyes when he talks about it.

I look forward to seeing montly photos and following your transformation over the next year :-).

Best wishes,

Bill

P.S I'm real sorry to hear about your loss.

• 3 weeks later...

Almost 5 week update and I think post shedding, the hair growing in the photos is mostly grafts from previous procedures. I have had quite a few nasty pimples particularly in the donor area on the left side of my head.

I am a little concerned about the donor area as I think it looks patchy below the scar but could also be because I need to equalise the hair growth on the nape of the neck by buzzing down.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

DSC00532.jpg.a1230ff6eb11c81fc29e2e9a8cd54740.jpg

DSC00541.jpg.e28b1c5f8b52bcd58c3f9a8dbcc20915.jpg

Thanks for posting Waisal. I have my consultation with Dr Devroye in 2 weeks time or so and will be watching your progress with interest - not many of his patients seem to post on here (or anywhere) which has been a bit of a concern for me.

Thank you for posting, you are looking good for 5 weeks.

4800+ grafts, Dr Bisanga, Brussels, Oct 2012

My Photos