Am I losing grafts in the shower?

Hey guys, I'm 8 Days post op and I've been following the instructions my surgeon gave to me very carefully. I've experienced no bleeding from the donor or recipient area, however, after I started showering normally (since day 7), i've noticed small hairs that have fallen out. From what I understand, it's too early to start shedding the new hairs, but that lost of grafts is usually accompanied by some bleeding, which hasn't happened at all. Am I worried over nothing or what?

No worries Nsufera. Shedding can happen at any time. At 8 days post op the grafts are basically fully secured, and since there isn't any blood, I'm positive that you are good to go!

Who did your surgery, if you don't mind me asking?

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Nsu,

Most experts agree that by day 7 the grafts are fully "anchored" and dislodging is no longer an issue. Additionally, others claim that a lack of "blood" indicates that you haven't actually lost or dislodged any grafts. Regardless, if you are uncomfortable, I definitely recommend contacting your hair transplant clinic.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thought I'd post of picture of what I've seen. As the scabs start coming off, I've noticed in some cases that the hair is still attached to them as shown in my attachment. There appears to be white tissue under the scab, but again I haven't experienced any bleeding and or discomfort. This example is after showering this morning.

Again, thanks for the help guys. I really appreciate it.

IMAG0055.jpg.b6ccda4c7bfe37f027d0741214cf5268.jpg

I lost my first ever graft last night it was a single that hooked round a thread on my bandana on day 3 let me just tell you it's not just bleeding that happens considering the size of the slit the blood that comes out could be in a horror film it bleeds that much, I always thought people meant a bit of blood will come out that I'd miss but believe me it's a lot you couldn't miss it.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Yes for a second you feel like punching the wall but you look round your bandana for the culprit then you see it hoping to be just a single and in my case it was and isn't really in a important place so not to worry. I've left the blood stream to dry on the back of my neck as I'm going into the clinic for a wash soon and no point me messing with it but I'm a bit scared to put the bandana back on i was overly careful putting it on last time I even leave it hovering over my head and nowhere near touching the grafts so god knows maybe that graft was just very loose.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

No pal it's just one single hair at the back it's no problem at all. Happened quite freakishly I'm over careful removing bandana I'm very slow and steady but the single hair must of hooked round the seem in the bandana a bit like Velcro does and it came out. I'd be pissed off if it was a patch of them lol.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Yep, the first week is always the most cautious and scariest moment. The morning after my procedure, I probably took around 45 minutes to carefully apply special shampoo and washed my head. And then you probably end up staring in the mirror for another 30 mintues and think back what you had just gone through, lol.

I was so paranoid of dislodge grafts, that I put saran wrap over my head and wore a hooded sweater for the first few days.