Dr. Ron Shapiro 7 Mo FUE Result -2172grafts/3807hairs

Nice work...did the patient ask for FUE? Seems like he may become a late NW case to be doing FUE...reason why I say this is that I was turned down for FUE for the same reason and I was a NW 3 ish.

Nice transformation! Thank you for sharing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Nice work...did the patient ask for FUE? Seems like he may become a late NW case to be doing FUE...reason why I say this is that I was turned down for FUE for the same reason and I was a NW 3 ish.

Good question - I too would be interested in the answer.

I have a similar hair pattern to this guy and plan on having an FUE procedure. I consulted with two top docs who both agreed to do it.

Both also stated that the yield of FUE is very slightly lower (for example, 90% instead of 95%), but that there is a larger area from which to extract - so as far as I can see the only issue with doing FUE is cost, and time (and the fact it may have to be split over 2/3 procedures which are each spread over 2/3 days).

I also understand that it's possible to do FUT after FUE, so he could always have a strip later on, and possibly another FUE.

Great result, by the way, excellent yield for a relatively large area and a relatively small number of grafts.

Along with his post op pics, this patient sent an email saying, "I am beyond happy with my results". He plans to do another FUE session sometime this fall to address the back half of his scalp. He wanted me to mention that he has shorter hair in the pre-op and even though it's longer in the 7 mos post op, he has the option to go just as short or shorter now. There are no signs of surgery whatsoever.

This patient is on ht meds and ACell fine powder was used on his procedure.

Capelli,

Yes, this patient wanted fue and fue only. Due to his age, he is now 40yrs of age (an error on the "patient info" section), his degree of hairloss, and his expectations and goals were in line to be a good FUE candidate.

Thank you all for your nice comments, it's greatly appreciated.