6 Day update

hairthere

Six days post and the scabs are really starting to flake off now. It's amazing how clean the work is and I'm very happy to have nice, full temple points again! Not sure if I'm gonna buzz down this time. I might just let the buzzed areas catch up and trim my hair as needed and live under a hat for the next three months. Also had my first good night's rest. I felt more secure sleeping on the grafts and since I'm a side sleeper this has been tough.

5b32d171ccf0e_Photo138.jpg.03f0bcc0a5986937bd18c8a78c16ae2d.jpg

5b32d171df76f_Photo139.jpg.f25aa8779954031a8cb511cd6249aecc.jpg

5b32d171f08b2_Photo140.jpg.97b3f31f983af3ed18195df7c93b9d24.jpg

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Looking good, will you be happy with what you have, or you thinking of having more work done in the future?. I am thinking of getting work done on my temple points in round 2 with Dr Feller :)

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Thanks Chris!

Irish, There are spots in the crown where it still looks thin, but I am 3 weeks shy of 12 months and from past experience I know my crown takes longer to develop. I also feel new growth in the crown still so I am quite optimistic it will continue to improve. That being said, I am absolutely done with HTs for some time now. This last operation should complete my hairline/temple/tp restoration (It's 100% HT and I have no desire to add density or lower it). Perhaps as I age I might need some touch-up work. But at this point I just want to enjoy having a nice-looking head of hair. Regarding your TPs: I can totally understand wanting to beef them up. They made a HUGE difference in framing my face. How aggressive do you want to be with them?

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

When i spoke with Dr feller he said i had about 5000 grafts left by strip then some fue on top, so i would'nt mind getting some more work done. One side of my tp is stronger than the other and it shows when my hair is longer. After seeing your work i have consulted with spex to go for round 2 with Dr feller at the end of the year. I'm kinda working off the numbers you have used, to be honest i never really thought the tps were that important til i seen your results and seen how big a difference they make to framing your face.

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

I had one side that was stronger, too. Yeah, TPs are like the secret weapon. I never even noticed we had them until mine were gone and now I am slightly obsessed with them, lol. They have a huge impact on framing the face.

Well your crown looks solid, and with 5k in the bank I'd say you can probably do something with them. This was actually my second TP procedure. The first was a 400 graft FUE, but I wanted to go much bolder this time around, plus I wanted to close off the temples and hit the forelock, so another strip was a better option for me. Let me know how your consult goes.

NHP, thanks bro. It's amazing, even though I look like a complete freak right now I feel so much more confident in my looks just seeing the outline of these TPs. Quick, funny side story: My 5 year old told everyone in her class that I bumped my head and had a boo-boo, so the teacher had them all say a prayer for me.

NHP, thanks bro. It's amazing, even though I look like a complete freak right now I feel so much more confident in my looks just seeing the outline of these TPs. Quick, funny side story: My 5 year old told everyone in her class that I bumped my head and had a boo-boo, so the teacher had them all say a prayer for me.

Thats great!!:)

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Sweet TP's!!! Def gonna be a great result! Heal well and keep us posted!

Thanks Capelli. Btw, are you using Rogaine foam? And, how many days post-op did Dr. Rahal suggest you start using it? Also, did you notice any shed of native hairs from it?

Yes I am using Rogaine Foam. Dr. Rahal suggests beginning it 2 weeks post op...but I was more conservative and started it 3 weeks post op. I am using it all over my head not just in the HT site. I haven't really noticed any shedding yet although perhaps a little in my crown but it is hard to tell. I use it twice a day. I really didn't want to start using Rogaine bc I didn't want to marry it forever...but Dr. Rahal said use it for at least a year as it increases blood supply to the grafts which is obviously very crucial. I'm sure the HT grafts will grow regardless but he says it will give it a little extra help in growing faster and stronger initially. So I figured I invested a ton of money already, so I began using it.

Cool, thanks for the info. I only used the foam once in my life and just found it too messy and it dried my skin out. Might give it a shot this go around though.

I felt the same way in that I thought it would be a pain...it really isn't all that bad...the foam feels and acts pretty much like mousse...takes about less than 5 min each time. I have found the best way to apply it is to put your hands under cold water for a few seconds before you apply...so they get cold...then dry them off and put the foam on. This allows the foam to not melt in your hand which makes for a difficult application. With your hands being cold this allows the foam to stay in foam form so you can apply it a lot easier!

Cool, thanks for the info. I only used the foam once in my life and just found it too messy and it dried my skin out. Might give it a shot this go around though.

Hairthere

The foam is soooo much better than the liquid...you won't mind it at all!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

hairthere, lovin' the hair style. Keep it bro! ;)

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

aaron, It's the reverse mohawk. You'll see all the models rocking it on the catwalk!

LOL.

It looks like Marshall's hair in How I Met Your Mother, when he is about to get married and decides to shave his hair - but stops after taking the first strip in the front..

Very cool :cool:

Looking forward to seeing your results, good luck with the growth :-D

Lol, I know the episode you're talking about. So I'm rocking a Marshall. Would be funny if it caught on...something tells me, NOT!

13 Days post op...grafts started falling out on day 10. Have had some nasty shockloss around the scar. And I still have this ridiculous looking hairdo, too.... kinda depressing. On the upside, staples come out tomorrow!

So from counting you are on HT#5?? Dang you're fast ;) You really need to keep your hairloss blog updated!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Looking good, bro :)

Those are going to be some luscious, STRONG temples....I totally know what you mean about what an ace in the hole they are; and once you start to lose them, it's like you're losing this killer follicular edge.

I'm def going to be examining your 400 FUE session in detail, too.

Stoked to follow your progress.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

@RC: Yeah, except I wouldn't even count HT#1 as a real HT. The doctor was a joke.

@Thana: Thanks bro, the tps have definitely made a dramatic change for me. Let me know if you need more details on the fue surgery....