6 month post-op shaved down to a #3

I was asked by a few people if I shaved my head down to a #3(10mm), would the donor scar be visible? Well, I took a chance today and shaved my head down to a #3. I would not usually keep my hair at this length but since I am still fairly early in the growth cycle, I thought I would experiment a bit. Here are the pictures of the results. The scar is barely visible at this length. You can detect a fine line with a #3 but I don’t think most people would be able to tell that this is a donor scar. Which, I think, is really impressive and speaks volumes, not only towards the skill of Dr Rahal’s work with FUT but also of just how far hair transplantation surgery has evolved. You do need just a tad more length to make the scare totally invisible ( with a #4(13mm) you can’t see no signs that anything was ever done to my head) but a #3 is plausible, I believe, in certain cases anyway.

DSCN0966.jpg.a2cb5def856376476ba407e860bd1947.jpg

DSCN0967.jpg.8dbb68180221955b187631013c0719cf.jpg

DSCN0965.jpg.ee97cf3cef990119c6eec784975e8486.jpg

DSCN0957.jpg.a4fa167b8a96ce5dfc7667f540d52e7f.jpg

DSCN0958.jpg.dee10ee657a685716c0a3d558193aaf2.jpg

That's mighty impressive for a #3. You've healed remarkably well and the scar is only noticeable to someone if they are looking for it. Congrats!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

That's mighty impressive for a #3. You've healed remarkably well and the scar is only noticeable to someone if they are looking for it. Congrats!

Thanks aaron1234,

As you can imagine, I am really, really pleased with how things turned out.

Kind regards

Hairgoesnothing

Yeah that looks great!!! It could even get better with more time!!

Thank you also NEWHAIRPLEASE,

Even if it gets better than it already is, I could not be happier with the results thus far. I am so glad I did this. Going for my second surgery in June to address the crown. Can't wait!

All the best

Hairgoesnothing

Thank you also NEWHAIRPLEASE,

Even if it gets better than it already is, I could not be happier with the results thus far. I am so glad I did this. Going for my second surgery in June to address the crown. Can't wait!

All the best

Hairgoesnothing

How many grafts did you get the first surgery?

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

You look great my man. A fresh scar by Dr. Rahal is invisibe. Since i started growing up my hair after shaving it regularly, i reached to #3 length as well. I would say my fresh new side scars are invisible but the old one is a bit visible propbably will be gone if i reach to #4. Take care, Any news about Andrew and his progress?

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

You look great my man. A fresh scar by Dr. Rahal is invisibe. Since i started growing up my hair after shaving it regularly, i reached to #3 length as well. I would say my fresh new side scars are invisible but the old one is a bit visible propbably will be gone if i reach to #4. Take care, Any news about Andrew and his progress?

I hear from him every once and a while but not recently. His hair is growing nicely last I heard. Glad to hear things are going well for you also.

All the best.

Hairgoesnothing, you look great. Lots of great growth for six months and you are healing very well. The scar isn't even really visible.

Thank you Sean,

I am so impressed with Dr Rahal's work. I spend most of my time working with the public and nobody has noticed anything was ever done (that is once my hair was long enough to cover my donar scar).

Kind regards

Hairgoesnothing

Hairgoesnothing..looking good man!! Are you getting fue in June or strip again..1 more fue for me then no morehopefully ☺

Good to hear from you john2009,

I am going for strip again. Still have good mobility in the donor area so I figure this would be the best way to go. After this second procedure, I have every plan to let my hair grow long (well, longer!).

All the best

Hairgoesnothing

Everything is looking good Your scar looks great. I agree that in the hands of a skilled surgeon, a person who is not prone to bad scars can have a result that is difficult to find. Exciting times for you!

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Everything is looking good Your scar looks great. I agree that in the hands of a skilled surgeon, a person who is not prone to bad scars can have a result that is difficult to find. Exciting times for you!

Thank you orlhair1,

As you probably can see by the results, I am very happy with the outcome. Getting ready for round two at the end of May. I will certainly keep everyboby in the loop.

Cheers for now

What's more, judging from the photos, you seem to have very fine hair and a relatively thin donor area. The fact that it's undetectable at this length should be very encouraging for those with thicker, coarser hair and a dense donor area. I imagine that such patients can probably get away with a #2 if they really wanted...

The rest seems to be coming in nicely too. I'm right there with you at 6 months post-op. Things are getting very interesting for us now...

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

What's more, judging from the photos, you seem to have very fine hair and a relatively thin donor area. The fact that it's undetectable at this length should be very encouraging for those with thicker, coarser hair and a dense donor area. I imagine that such patients can probably get away with a #2 if they really wanted...

The rest seems to be coming in nicely too. I'm right there with you at 6 months post-op. Things are getting very interesting for us now...

Corvettester

You are right Corvettester, people with coarse hair have a better chance of being able to wear their hair short after a transplant than those who have fine hair. But there is also the skill of the surgeon, I think, that plays a major role in how short one can wear his hair after a transplant. Thankfully though, the doctors who are recommended on this site pretty much have a very good track record when it comes to this.