Sugar's Three Week photos - post Dr. Rahal FUE

SugarHighs

3 weeks photos. Many of the grafts presumably fell with the crusts/scabs, and some fell on their own. In very rare cases did I actually see hairs attached to a scab. The hairs (that I could see) mainly appeared fall on their own. I was happy to see there was no follicle or anything on the end of the hairs that fell. The ones that fell looked the same on both ends - the same way a hair would look if you cut it off with scissors.

three_weeks_2.jpg.715c17999ca429acbcb11398fcfbc2dd.jpg

three_weeks_3.jpg.f8488e7551211f7e9ff91ec1b7ba4528.jpg

three_weeks_1.jpg.3ac8888fa252db559813a55e3c5b24a6.jpg

Thats great, you would have my hairline density which is around 55 FU/cm2. When I will post my 8 months post op, you would have an idea what is 55% density looks like. I asked for this density as its more natural and growth guaranteed. I didnt want 60% because i know i will end up one day in the future to a NW5 or NW6. So I didnt want to go up 55% in hairline as the rest areas of midscalp and bit of crown i will make sure to achieve 50%. All what I need is some hair that Nanogen fibres will stick into :-)...

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Thats great, you would have my hairline density which is around 55 FU/cm2. When I will post my 8 months post op, you would have an idea what is 55% density looks like. I asked for this density as its more natural and growth guaranteed. I didnt want 60% because i know i will end up one day in the future to a NW5 or NW6. So I didnt want to go up 55% in hairline as the rest areas of midscalp and bit of crown i will make sure to achieve 50%. All what I need is some hair that Nanogen fibres will stick into :-)...

Harari, actually at the hair line Dr. Rahal went to 60% or even higher. He mentioned the average was around 55 but he definitely made it thicker at the hairline, which I could see post-op. He originally planned for 60% with 2500 grafts, and since we got 2822, I imagine he went even a little bit higher.

Looking good so far. Your hair seems to grow at a good speed (it looks a lot longer since your two-week update) so hopefully that will mean a lot of growth by summer.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Sugarhighs

Ive noticed a ton of hairs on my fingers after rubbing in the rogaine!! Sad to see them go, but I know they will be back!!

Hey NewHair,

Did you notice more of the grafts fell during scab removal, or from the Minoxidil? I definitely noticed some hairs coming off from the minoxidil (I'm using 5% Kirkland) but I noticed that most of them (50%+) fell with the scabs.

I really didn't have that many scabs...I had a lot of flakes, kinda like my scalp was sunburned and peeling, which Mike told me was completely normal, but I really never developed a lot of scabs...I kept it pretty moist though!! The only time I notice the hair falling out is when I run the rogaine in...then I see a lot of hairs on my hands..short hairs..looks like beard hairs..

Considering I had over 10,000 hairs, I don't think Ive shed them all yet??? Who knows,,,Im certainly not counting them!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Ok gotcha, I think I had more scabs because I covered a smaller area with more hairs. I kept the recipient area wet too, using my Vit E oil, and spraying saline on every 2 hours or so, but it didn't make a difference, still had tons of scabs, crusts.

Looking good so far. Your hair seems to grow at a good speed (it looks a lot longer since your two-week update) so hopefully that will mean a lot of growth by summer.

Thanks Matt, and thanks again for answering some of my questions leading up to this.

My hair does grow fast, but I am probably going to cut it all off this week, around day 33-34.

A couple of the guys at foxbar mentioned that I was pretty good looking with the "0" haircut that Mike gave me on the day of my procedure. I am decidedly *not* very good looking with my current growth, though, with a NW 3 hairline that is superimposed by my new currently red NW 1 hairline. :)

I am debating whether to cut the sides and back down to a #1 clipper and fade it into the top, or to just cut it all off to a #1 clipper guard.

Opinions welcome.

Since you did FUE, donor shots would be cool to see to keep a timeline on the healing there.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Since you did FUE, donor shots would be cool to see to keep a timeline on the healing there.

I got my photos from the clinic showing the immediate post op - donor area was photographed from both sides, but I am not sure if we have photos of the back. When I have time I will create a web site with pictures.

Sugar, it's looking good. I think if you keep it cut even with a clip one it will make things more even as they grow out. Since most of the hairs have shed already, then a 1 might even things out all around. If you didnt shed, then i'd say keep the front longer and sides guard one. But either way, I think it will be ok since the hair is fairly short anyway. I waited a while until my first haircut as I wanted to make sure the donor area was healed (i didn't wanna risk any cuts or scrapes at the barber). I was also afraid of a haircut due to shockloss in my donor area at that time. How is your donor area looking now? Do you see any shockloss? Overall everything seems to be on track with your restoration. It's looking great man. Very happy for you.

Sean,

Thanks, I appreciate the sentiments. Totally agree with your point about avoiding problems from a haircut too soon. The literature from Rahal's clinic states that you can get a haircut after one month, however I may actually wait another week or so, since the post op instructions are tailored to strip operations. I do think I will have the stylist use the plastic clipper guard #1, rather than the blade #1, so that no metal touches me. How long did you wait to get your first haircut with clippers?

Thanks,

Sugar

Sean, regarding your question about shockloss, I do not see any visually evident shock loss on the sides, however the back looks a little patchier and thinner than it was before. I will have a better idea in a month or two, I guess.

Regarding the recipient area, I won't know for at least another month or so, because my hair was never kept this short on top, so I don't have a good point of reference, yet.

Sean,

Thanks, I appreciate the sentiments. Totally agree with your point about avoiding problems from a haircut too soon. The literature from Rahal's clinic states that you can get a haircut after one month, however I may actually wait another week or so, since the post op instructions are tailored to strip operations. I do think I will have the stylist use the plastic clipper guard #1, rather than the blade #1, so that no metal touches me. How long did you wait to get your first haircut with clippers?

Thanks,

Sugar

Im in the same boat, however, I completely shaved down for this reason in particular...Im gonna wait 2 or 3 months to have my first cut...:)

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Sean, regarding your question about shockloss, I do not see any visually evident shock loss on the sides, however the back looks a little patchier and thinner than it was before. I will have a better idea in a month or two, I guess.

Regarding the recipient area, I won't know for at least another month or so, because my hair was never kept this short on top, so I don't have a good point of reference, yet.

Shockloss can last long on some people and it is usually on different parts of the donor area. I had it on my right side I think the most. As the donor area continues to heal the areas get better. It may take a few months but heals.

If you keep the hair short it will make things look a lot even I think. But so far everything is look good. :)