Bill the Managing Publisher's Hair Transplant Photos - 7 Years After 1st Procedure

Hair transplants really do stand up well over time.

4 hair transplants, 9600 grafts and almost 7 years later, I'm very happy with my results. My hair wasn't exactly styled/brushed recently when I took these pictures which as you know, makes hair appear a little thinner. Furthermore, I used a flash, which when taken overhead, also makes it appear thinner.

I'm very happy with my results. For a detailed account of my hair restoration journey, including before pictures, follow the link in my signature below to my patient website.

Best wishes and Happy Growing in 2012,

Bill

100_4649.jpg

100_4650.jpg

100_4651.jpg

100_4653.jpg

100_4654.jpg

100_4655.jpg

100_4656.jpg

100_4657.jpg

100_4658.jpg

100_4659.jpg

100_4660.jpg

100_4661.jpg

100_4662.jpg

100_4663.jpg

100_4664.jpg

100_4665.jpg

100_4666.jpg

100_4667.jpg

100_4668.jpg

Still looking great Bill. Such a dense looking frontal third. The crown looks good too. Are you considering more work in the future? Are you still on Finasteride? I can't believe you'd be a NW6.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Aaron,

Thanks for your interest.

I am still on finasteride but I take approximately 1.25 mg 3 times a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday). I've been doing that for the last 2 years and haven't lost any additional hair. While I wasn't experiencing any side effects when taking 1.25 mg daily, I made a personal decision to take less to minimize the amount of medication I was putting in my body. Since I haven't lost any additional hair, I'm happy with my decision. Furthermore, it saves me money :-).

I'm also using Rogaine foam and have been for the last year. I started using it twice daily but now only use it once in the morning. I apply it over the entire top of my scalp but after comparing photos, I really don't think it's helped me regrow any additional hair. It does however, work as a nice styling agent.

Best wishes,

Bill

Irishsailor, NewHairPlease and hairthere,

Thanks for your interest. At this time, I have no future work planned although I probably have another 1500 grafts or so available via strip.

I think I'll leave some donor in reserve in case I want or require more work later down the road. I suspect however, that if I undergo another procedure, I may go the FUE route. I'm still a firm believer in ultra refined follicular unit hair transplant surgery via strip however, while I personally feel my scar is well concealed with my hair at this length, I don't want to run the risk of making my scar any wider.

Best wishes,

Bill

N-6,

While I feel my hair is pretty well concealed at this length, there are certain parts of my scar that are wider than I'd like. But frankly, this was more than a fair trade off given the reward of a thick looking head of hair that would otherwise only be a distant memory. I also don't believe my scar is visible when my hair is wet at this length, but I don't know for sure.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill,

It's great to see a new update from you. Your hair looks great! Very inspirational. I look forward to the day when I can indulge in my own hair greed and embark on another hair restoration journey.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Bill what the hell you have revealed your face and identity everyone will know now ha ha!

Joke aside that's a awesome ht you must be over the moon. Do you ever even think about your own hair anymore or do you take it for granted you've got good hair now?

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Bonker,

Oops, yeah - I guess I should have cropped the pictures so you couldn't see my face :-P.

To a certain extent, I must admit, I've taken the fact that I have a full looking head of hair for granted. Sometimes I forget that I was once very insecure about my lack of hair now that I've had it back for many years. But then in remembering, I thank my lucky stars for this community (which I found back in 2004 when starting my own research) and the dedicated surgeons who've made natural and dense looking hair restoration a reality for many patients like me.

Best wishes,

Bill

I often wonder how amazing that must feel, after ten years of fighting it I sometimes think I'll never get there and it's not even possible but it clearly is with some people. Yes it's a great forum and I wouldn't say that if it wasn't true. I spent many years on other forums and I'm not sure why I didn't find this one earlier.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

That's cheating bill you'll get a extra 3 months growth ha. ;)

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1