10 day postop - running

Certainly contact your doctor and get his opinion.

certainly a dumb response, who would not know that :)

Week 2 you can do 50% of your exercise plan per dr guidelines, but I'm wanting to know actual experience of members also, as that is an invaluable info.

Edited by donp

Guys,

I hit the weights and all that as soon as my staples were out I did that for my first HT 18 months ago with a tremendous result from Dr Feller and Im doing it now just had my 2nd HT I'm 21 days post op I was back on the squats and bench press and running as soon as the staples were out

To be honest I was exercising after 7 days nothing that put pressure on the back of the head but things like pullups, leg weighst etc

NOT a PROBLEM , none zero, nothing will happen to your grafts worry about other stuff protect yoor donor area form excessive pressure and stretch as long as you dont feel anything it's fine.

:)2250 Strip Dr Feller

:)1900 Strip Dr Feller

-----------------------------------

2 Great HT's & Experiences

-----------------------------------

For first 7 days you should not sweat. After that grafts have completed forming roots so its no worry. As for me, I'm on 15th day, and I tried to run on my normal 2 miles track, but as I ran only about a 1/4 mile I started feeling a pain/heaviness at the back of my head. At that point, I just took a rest and headed back home. I felt a bit disappointing to see myself helpless, but I am hoping that I just need a week more to get 100% back to normalcy :)