Here is a question with many answers

How much should a hair transplant cost. Seriously, all variables aside, and as specific as possible.

A 3,000 graft, FUT procedure, more than sufficient donor area, not trying to recreate a youthful hairline, wants good density in frontal third, going to a high quality network recommended doctor.

How much should that person expect to pay?

2/14/2011 Surgery #1 Dr. Ivan Cohen - 1539 grafts, 1's - 475

2's - 989

3's - 75

2/20/2012 Surgery #2 Dr. Carlos Wesley - 2570 grafts

I got varying estimates, 8.5k to 12k for 3k grafts. In my case I picked the 12k surgeon ... not because higher is better, but I based my decision on the surgeon's education and experience and publications

Thanks guys, so if I'm paying $13K, that is on the high side, huh? I had my first 1500 grafts for $6500, and I'm having another for $6500 in February. Does the fact that is is two separate procedures contribute to the higher cost? Same Doctor by the way. And I am soooooo psyched for my surgery, I am beyond tired of being thin in the area's I requested density. I wish I could have it done tomorrow.

2's - 989

3's - 75

According to H&Wong's website a 3000 graph procedure will cost $13k.

On the Hasson/Wong site it says the price is "before tax".

Actually I was unaware there is a tax on a medical procedure. :mad:

Does anyone know how much the tax charge would be on say a $16,000 procedure in Canada?

And is there tax on this surgery in the US as well?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Thanks guys, so if I'm paying $13K, that is on the high side, huh? I had my first 1500 grafts for $6500, and I'm having another for $6500 in February. Does the fact that is is two separate procedures contribute to the higher cost? Same Doctor by the way. And I am soooooo psyched for my surgery, I am beyond tired of being thin in the area's I requested density. I wish I could have it done tomorrow.

Having 3000 grafts in one session would usually work out cheaper than having the same number split over two procedures. Some surgeons will reduce the price of each graft over a certain number threshold (such as 2500 grafts in Dr Rahal's case), plus there will normally be other expenses involved, such as for travel and accommodation, that would need to be covered twice for two separate procedures.

However, the price you're paying isn't bad at all and you've had the first surgery now, so no use worrying about it. :)

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Once again, I want to thank everyone for their feedback, it is very reassuring. I do have news though, and I'll start a thread about it. I cancelled my procedure with my initial doctor, and chose Dr. Carlos Wesley instead. I am very excited. It's a larger, more expensive procedure, but at least it's the last one I will ever need.

2's - 989

3's - 75