Going back to have my fue trans fixed 10 days later

Is it a good idea to go back 10 days later and have your hair transplant fixed? I had a pretty sloppy job from a doctor over here in Rocklin California. he let his technicians do the entire job! the head technician was inexperienced. I have three and four hair grafts right in the front. They built up my temples and hairline when I asked the doctor to build up the front middle of my head not the temple area ! they wasted a lot of hair putting hair in places I didn't want it. Also the technician got fixated in one spot when removing the grafts and dug a hole in the back of my scalp about the size of a quarter.

He never actually had a conversation with me about how I wanted my hair to look. I went back and complained and he offered to fix it after a half hour of arguing about it with him. he was horrible he was in total denial he didn't want to admit any mistakes when it was obvious. for instance he refused to look at my hairline and see the 2,3 and 4 hair grafts sitting there. I'm really nervous about going back there tomorrow to have it fixed. I don't want the technician that worked on me before working on me again. Can I ask for my money back in a case like this?? Help!

Good luck... the fact that the Doc wouldn't even look at your hairline should tell you something. If they were incompetent the first time around do you think things are going to be different 10 days later? If you do go back I would make it crystal clear as to what you want done and leave no doubt about it. Request a different tech and ask that the doc supervise very closely.

You could ask fo your money back but I dout that is going to happen.

I feel for you, what an awkward situation to be in. Good luck and post some pics if you can, maybe it isn't as bad as you think!

Goldminer,

If you're not comfortable with the work, I'm not sure I'd visit the same clinic; especially 10 days after the operation in question. I'm not saying you couldn't undergo more work with this physician in the future, but you may want to have the results reviewed before comitting to an additional repair.

I suggest sharing some photos with the community or consulting with one of our recommended hair restoration physicians.

Good luck! Please, feel free to ask any additional questions.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Do Not Go Back!!!! Cut your losses and go find a top HT doc to fix it up. Forget asking for your money back and forget a lawsuit. You learned the hard way that not researching properly and going with a doc not recommended by this site can be costly.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I would suggest visiting one of the recommended doctors on this site and asking their opinion. Once you have this information you will be in a much better position to make a decision as to whether to go back to your original doctor and whether it is appropriate to fix in the way you suggest.

I would not even consider going back. Go to a recommended surgeon and have them evaluate your situation. You do not want to have that clinic do anything else to make it worse.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Since it was FUE, you probably could have more work done 10 days post op. There are several excellent docs in California.

I thought it was illegal for technicians to make any form of incision? I thought the doctor had to remove grafts.

Edited by RCWest

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Thanks for the replies. I just got back on the site after going back to have them put 500 more FUE's in my scalp. It was very nerve-racking and stressful going back to a place with Inexperienced people working on me. from what I got the doctor doesn't know how to do hair transplants but he hired a technician from Mexico that does so this is how he offers hair transplants now on his website. I got sucked in when calling and talking to them and having a $50 Consultation. where the doctor talk to me for 2 minutes then left the room looking for a picture book and never came back. This is how I never got to talk to him about how I wanted it to look. It wouldn't have mattered anyways because he didn't care. It's just amazing after arguing And explaining to him in detail about what went wrong and what i wanted done he still didn't tell the technician the second time around what I wanted done and the technician started placing grafts in the temple area again. LOL! who wants hair in the temple area and nothing in the middle?? Oh yeah the doctor promised he would do it the second time but guess what? he never even placed a single hair the technician did the entire procedure by himself no help at all!! After that I didn't want the Dr. working on me because I think he's the one that placed the 3 and 4 grafts in the front the first time. I think the technician was letting him do a couple for fun. I the I feel better about it now after having more graphs placed. I just feel like I had my donor area do depleted a lot because I know I'll need a second session. I'm just going to wait and see what grows. I think I learned a lesson not to go bargain-hunting haha. thanks for any more input on my amazing story. :)

still trying to figure out how to post pictures with my iPhone

I know what your saying everybody says the same thing you do but its ok. I didn't have a choice I just didn't have any more money to have someone else's do it. I'm practically out of work and I'm pretty broke now. It's not a good feeling not being able to just go to another doctor to have something like this fixed. I was pretty scared. It is a lot better now since they fixed it. And I do feel a lot better as far as having something to look forward to. I'm glad I went back and had that technician redo it. I would never recommend that place or go back there again though.

The doctor lied to me and I didn't realize this until I was already invested in him and had no choice but to let them fix it I don't have the money to go somewhere else. but like I said I am glad I went back there and had the problems fixed. They didn't charge me of course . the technician that I thought was bad was pretty good except for he was following a doctors orders that didn't know what he was talking about. once left alone he did a good job I think. Don't ever go to Dr. Efrain Gonzalez in Rocklin California!

gold, I hear you man, and I know you were in a serious predicament. Thanks for at least warning others about this sham of a doctor. Best of luck!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Guys,

While certain individuals may disagree with or feel surprised by Gold's decision, let's all remember to remain helpful and supportive.

Gold,

I truly wish you the best. If you need any help sharing photographs, please ask. Also, do keep in mind that the members of our community are very well-versed in hair restoration, and I highly recommend considering all advice provided in the future. Remember that you're never obligated to see a certain surgeon, nor is "rushing" a hair transplant procedure ever a good idea.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Please, keep us updated.

Best of luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

At least it was FUE, and not a large strip session where a lot of grafts may or may not grow. With FUE it is spread out (hopefully) over a large enough area to where it doesn't look thin. Good luck and keep us up to date!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

The doctor lied to me and I didn't realize this until I was already invested in him and had no choice but to let them fix it I don't have the money to go somewhere else. but like I said I am glad I went back there and had the problems fixed. They didn't charge me of course . the technician that I thought was bad was pretty good except for he was following a doctors orders that didn't know what he was talking about. once left alone he did a good job I think. Don't ever go to Dr. Efrain Gonzalez in Rocklin California!

Good to hear that they at least tried to satisfy you, it sounds like you are a bit more content for sure. As another poster said the fact that it was a fue procedure you won't be left with a botched strip scar. Also good for you for going back and demanding satisfaction!

Thanks for the help guys, I just wanted to get some advice I was scared to death after the first session my face swelled up like a balloon and I didn't see any hair where I wanted it . then having the doctor argue with me denied doing anything wrong and threaten to kick me out of his office. I mean god man I came to him because I was feeling bald and I wanted to feel better about the way I look instead I got all stressed out and depressed. It was a stressful experience I felt like I just wasted my money,depleted my donor area and got a funky looking hairline out of . Now that I had it fixed and calmed down I feel a lot better. I think I'm going to be okay I'm just waiting for the scabs to fall off and the itching to stop.I hope that places where they took the fues blends because I was concerned that they didn't spread them evenly throughout my entire scalp. there are some patchy areas where they got fixated. I think they like to keep them bunched up so they're easier to extract they don't like to jump around because it's easier for them not to . People tell me they don't think it looks to bad.

Goldminer,

Welcome to our community. You are encouraged to share some of your photos so members of this community can provide you with more accurate input. But maybe it's not as bad as you think. The best thing you can do at this stage is stay positive and hope for the best outcome. In the event that you aren't satisfied after the results grow in, I strongly encourage you to consult one of our prescreened, recommended hair transplant surgeons for an evaluation of your situation and discuss how they can help get you the kind of results and head of hair you deserve.

Best wishes and happy growing,

Bill