Hello, just strated losing my hair - advice

adams55

Hello,

I would be grateful if someone could explain in their opinion what would be the best route to go down for my situation. Im basically only this past 3 months or so started to notice a thinning on the top of my head, its ok at the mo but under a light you def start to see its starting to go bald, I'm weary that I will have a big bald spot in the next year or so. I suppose it starte a while back but you never really get to see the top of your head and it wasnt until a few work mates said 'looks like your going as well!'

I have not taken any medication or pills etc this really is the first time im starting to actually do something about this. I was wandering what is the best way to go?

I know about regain which looks like it works I was thinking of getting some from boots soon, but I have also heard of some pills you can take as well.

I would be very grateful if someone could advise on what they think would be the best way to go. I don't have much issue with budget as long as I know its gonna actually work.

I would first recommend seeing a doctor from this forum so he or she can tell you in their opinion where you're at right now and what to expect in the future. They will also talk to you about rogaine foam and propecia (the pill you're speaking of) which can halt future hair loss and regrow dormant and miniaturizing hair. Both of these medications are taken indefinitely so you would take them for years as long as you're interested in keeping your hair. There are side effects with propecia but they are rare; go talk with a doctor about both of these medications.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

dont buy the foam from boots mate, hell of a lot more expensive, but the foam off here....

i advise you to buy nizoral from boots, only about 6pound used for treatment of dasndruff but apparently has DHT blockers which is good, i dont advise going for alpecin from personal experience but with nizoral make sure to use conditioner after as it does dry hair out

if you want to fight hairloss you have come to the right place

I agree with "thehairupthere"'s comments...go see a doctor recommended on this site and have them evaluate your loss. They will I'm sure tell you to get on either Rogaine and/or Propecia to halt your hair loss. Research on this site to gain valuable information on what is out there as that is what I did years ago and it really educates you to make good decisions regarding your hair loss situation.

I would first recommend seeing a doctor from this forum so he or she can tell you in their opinion where you're at right now and what to expect in the future. They will also talk to you about rogaine foam and propecia (the pill you're speaking of) which can halt future hair loss and regrow dormant and miniaturizing hair. Both of these medications are taken indefinitely so you would take them for years as long as you're interested in keeping your hair. There are side effects with propecia but they are rare; go talk with a doctor about both of these medications.

This^:)

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks everyone for the advice here. Looks like I am an ideal candidate to get on propecia, I managed to get a local doctor to have a look at me who has treated hair loss with medication in the past fairly well. he thinks the minimal loss in thickness on my crown might well thicken up nicely in time. So I got some regaine I know its expensive from Boots but couldn't wait to try , it nice and easy and make the hair look ok actually.

I looked into getting some Propecia the Doctor said it was gonna cost me around ?60 a month 3 months at a time. That's over ?700 a month!

It's quite a financial commitment for the rest of your life, I did not factor paying that much a year for a hair loss drug. I guess it's worth it if it makes you feel better inside.

I heard about some negative side effects such as sex drive issues, which would put me off a little, is this quite common?

would appreciate any replies, this place is very good

Hi adams55,

mate your doing the right thing getting on teh meds asap. I Reckon propecia will do the job, though I can't say fro sure as we have no reference in terms of pics, but from what your saying the two thing syour ve got regaine and propecia may well be all you need. As mentioned earlier there is some theory around using nizorol for such a small ost you might as well get on that as well 2x a week.

I have to admit I had some side effects first time round with propecia and hit the sex drive so much that it went in reverse! Not to scare you or anything , its just some guys get it and some guys have zero probs. That being said I went of it for several months and everything came back to normal. I then gave it another shot after some advice from other forum members this time round I tapered the dose up slowly and incredibly I had zero side effects and the finasteride is woking a dream,, No more miniturized hais every day on my pillow!

So I would def advise approaching the medication as I did as it may well minimize any side effecst you may get.

:)2250 Strip Dr Feller

:)1900 Strip Dr Feller

-----------------------------------

2 Great HT's & Experiences

Hi Thanks for the replies,

Spex & UK R - thank you for the advice here, and the video, I take it that that Proscar is what you can use instead of Propecia?? Are you also saying that you can get a generic 1mg of finasteride as well? If so please can you advise on where I should get these from? I don't want to spend money down the drain.

I would prefer not to cut tablets up but if that saves a lot of money its something I can live with.

I think I will look into getting some soon.

I'm in the UK also and nearly fell into the trap of paying 45 quid for a months propecia. I've not used UKfinisteride yet but probably will in a few months. I got nizoral 2% from eBay for 8 quid. I don't no what strength they sell in boots but I think it's the lower strength. If you still have quite a bit of hair like me, you'll find it difficult to get the foam onto your scalp other than places where the hair has already gone.

Hope this helps!

your paying too much for your nizoral my friend, all day chemist website sell nizral an alternative to nizoral and is made by johnson and johnson, slightly smaller bottle but alot cheaper if u buy in bulk

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Adams55,

You can get both generic 5mg, proscar (5mg) of finpecia 1mg all from Uk finasteride.info. This will save you a packet, ay you can see from above post ?90 quid for 3 months x 4 = 360 quid, which is not bad some places charge 60 a month! Finpecia is less than 60p a day and you dont have to cut the drug, its been working great for me, the site is legit and they give you super quick service.

:)2250 Strip Dr Feller

:)1900 Strip Dr Feller

2 Great HT's & Experiences

your paying too much for your nizoral my friend, all day chemist website sell nizral an alternative to nizoral and is made by johnson and johnson, slightly smaller bottle but alot cheaper if u buy in bulk

It was just my first bottle to give it a shot. Don't they charge quite a bit for shipping?