2012 Hopes for Hair Restoration

aaron1234

Happy New Year fellas! :D

As we enter 2012 here are a few hopes (not predictions) for advances in the field of hair restoration. Feel free to add your own to the list.

1) Successful trials with clear photographic evidence from one of the companies investing in follicular regeneration and multiplication, i.e. Histogen, Aderans, Replicel, etc... :)

2) Dr. Carlos Wesley's highly anticipated techniques to be made public and shown to be a step forward in the evolutionary development of hair transplantation. :D

3) The HTN forums to be optimized for smart phones and other mobile devices. :cool:

4) Patients who have undergone scalp micro pigmentation (with both long and short hair) to come forward presenting high quality pictures - regardless of the results. :)

5) Clinical trials detailing the best dosage for Dutasteride in treatment of hair loss - including percentages of men who experience side effects. :confused:

6) Another topical solution brought to market (i.e. Latisse). :cool:

7) Fewer frauds and quacks spamming the forums. :mad:

8) Fewer patients getting surgery with them. :)

Edited by aaron1234

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Aaron,

Great wish list! There has been talk of developing mobile apps for this community but I don't know how if it's currently in development. I'll find out.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks guys.

NHP, I actually think the most far fetched wish on my list was the dutasteride study. I believe there was an FDA study with the drug but it was discontinued because there were too many side effects to bring it to market for the treatment of hairless. I guess the best option we have now is anecdotal evidence from members on the forums.

Thanks Plunge. Make it happen! ;)

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

Great link N-6. Makes me curious how my sensitive skin would react to Latisse.

Aaron,

Those sound like a nice wish list :-). I too am interested to see how the future of hair restoration unfolds. I suspect we'll continue to see great things in the future. Personally, I'm thankful to see just how much today's state of the art hair transplant surgery has improved. But maybe one day we'll all be lucky enough to have unlimited donor hair thanks to hair multiplication or hair duplication (auto cloning). Or perhaps the mystery of genetic baldness awill be discovered and a cure developed some time this decade.

This year, we are also working on some changes/improvements to our forum and social community. This includes exploring the possibility of creating mobile friendly versions of our websites (including our forum and social community). Do note that our discussion forum is fully funtional from mobile devices now, however, navigation is a bit more difficult on a smaller screen. I've also noticed that nobody can send private messages via mobile devices via the social component of our community. This is something we're looking into as we consider various upgrades and mobile friendly software.

We'll be sure to keep you posted.

Best wishes for a very hairy and improved 2012 and beyond!

Bill

That's great news Bill. I think the activity on this forum will skyrocket if you have a mobile optimized page.

Hi aseda. Yes, in two days I'll be driving up to Bloomington, Minnesota for my six month checkup at SMG. Of course, I'll write a detailed account and post numerous pictures. Things are looking good.

Really like your wish list. We'll take all the pics you need. Thanks for making the effort to come in. See you anytime now.