Lateral Slit Incisions

I understand my FUE surgeon implemented lateral slit incisions of .7-1.0 mm wide

Is this is a good and modern level? He confirmed he used a special handle to ensure they didnt go deeper.

I did have quite a lot of existing pre op hair , and he has reassured me he used this level of lateral slit incisions to ensure regard to the existing hair.

It depends on how much tissue was left on your grafts. By definition the lateral slit technique uses blades that are custom cut to the size of your grafts. This is done with the blade cutting guilotine made by Cutting Edge Surgical based in Calgary, Alberta Canada. I know this because Dr. Hasson designed it. The larger 1mm incisions were for your larger grafts, most likely any three hair grafts that had larger spacing between follicles as well as any four hair grafts. The singles went into the .7mm incisions. In general, that sounds about right.

Edited by Jotronic

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

It depends on how much tissue was left on your grafts. By definition the lateral slit technique uses blades that are custom cut to the size of your grafts. This is done with the blade cutting guilotine made my Cutting Edge Surgical based in Calgary, Alberta Canada. I know this because Dr. Hasson designed it. The larger 1mm incisions were for your larger grafts, most likely any three hair grafts that had larger spacing between follicles as well as any four hair grafts. The singles went into the .7mm incisions. In general, that sounds about right.

That pretty much says it all!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Thanks Joe!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

What Joe said so well! My doc custom makes (himself) his own slit making tools, so every doctor is a little bit different.

Happy growing!

Atticus

I understand my FUE surgeon implemented lateral slit incisions of .7-1.0 mm wide

Is this is a good and modern level? He confirmed he used a special handle to ensure they didnt go deeper.

I did have quite a lot of existing pre op hair , and he has reassured me he used this level of lateral slit incisions to ensure regard to the existing hair.

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

This video by Jotronic explains all about it, When I saw it, I immediately decided that lateral slit is better than sagittal.

Hair Loss Videos - Hair Transplant Webcasts & Videos - HairTransplantTV.com

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Very interesting video.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.