Temple point question??

I always read on here about people having there " temple points " worked on! Can you guys look at these pictures and tell me if you think Im gonna need temple point work?

Thanks!

IMG_1259.jpg.286f978a54ddba1842777df08a13356b.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg.66ed6b9699a046d0420ded66409bab9a.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg.4ef0edd139e25f87312858a7288ccee6.jpg

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Dear Newhairplease,

There are two important pieces of information that need to be known before a hair surgeon could give you the best answer to your question:

1) How old are You?

2) Is there miniaturization on top to suggest you are someday going to be a typical Norwood VI bald man?

If you are in your 20's or early 30's and/or there IS miniaturization on top, then they should be left alone and re-evaluated several years down the line, when it is clearer where you are going to end up with your hair loss.

The two reasons NOT to go charging into restoring temple points if either/both of the above apply in your case, are first, you may be using up precious donor hair in the temple area that is best kept to use on top, and second, if you go on to an advanced stage of baldness, then those grafts way out front there are going to stick out like a "sore thumb" and be unsightly.

If we took a best-case scenario that you are 35 years old and that there is virtually no miniaturization on top, then I would certainly agree to do a patient like yourself, but would probably only come out to a point around 1/4 inch back from where you have some hair at the point now, so that the result would look age-appropriate as you get older. I will try to add a couple of photos of a man in his 40's who did have weak temple points restored and had plenty of donor hair to do so.

Mike Beehner, M.D.

File0001.jpg.c8819d228df2358f1db69741a0beabad.jpg

File0002.jpg.ee0c817ac513ded7fa467d658c5d81de.jpg

Thanks Dr

I'm actually 38 yo , so I have that going for me. I don't really want my temple points addressed because I want ALL my available hair for the top. I was just wondering if mine looked very good the way they are? To tell you the truth, I don't even know if I have temple points. Thanks for responding!

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

Newhair,

It looks like you still have your temple points (which is impressive), however they are slightly miniaturized. I don't feel they should be a priority just yet though I wouldnt blame you if you addressed them. Dr. Beehner's points are exactly why I'm not sure if I should get mine done or not. Tough call - restored temples look great but would it be the most prudent use of a finite resource.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Newhair,

Your temple points are very prominent so you are in no need to have them reconstructed. However, I would suggest that perhaps some strengthening could be considered as to do so would help to increase the definition of your facial frame.

I noticed in the photo below that there is a gap between your sideburn and your temple point. I had the same thing and Dr. Wong filled this small area during my last procedure. As you may recall my temple points were completely reconstructed as it brought balance to my profile but there was this one spot that we felt could be filled. In addition I think some work should be considered for some other areas in your temple points as they seem to be a bit thinner in some spots compared to others. Just a couple hundred grafts can help make the appearance of your temple points more consistent. I have taken the liberty of filling in your left temple point using Photoshop for your review. I had to adjust the angle so I could get a better perspective but you see the "point" I'm making.

tp-before-after.jpg?i=1906750030

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Newhair,

Your temple points are very prominent so you are in no need to have them reconstructed. However, I would suggest that perhaps some strengthening could be considered as to do so would help to increase the definition of your facial frame.

I noticed in the photo below that there is a gap between your sideburn and your temple point. I had the same thing and Dr. Wong filled this small area during my last procedure. As you may recall my temple points were completely reconstructed as it brought balance to my profile but there was this one spot that we felt could be filled. In addition I think some work should be considered for some other areas in your temple points as they seem to be a bit thinner in some spots compared to others. Just a couple hundred grafts can help make the appearance of your temple points more consistent. I have taken the liberty of filling in your left temple point using Photoshop for your review. I had to adjust the angle so I could get a better perspective but you see the "point" I'm making.

tp-before-after.jpg?i=1906750030

Joe

Thanks for taking time to comment on this for me! I love the photoshop job you did! I will certainly show Dr Rahal. They may not be a priority this January but I can certainly see me getting them addressed. If I manage to get 4600 grafts like Cap, I will get them in Janurary! Ha

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

NEWHAIRPLEASE:

I agree with the above comments...you have good temple points just need to be cleaned up and shaped better just like Jotronic illustrated...a few hundred grafts will be all that is necessary. Temple points are a big part in framing the face that I why I had mine done too...mine were miniaturized so I had them beefed up to frame out my hairline design. I would get it done now as a few hundred grafts won't kill you and u can enjoy them now instead of in a few years at best if you were to have to come back for another run.

Newhair, I agree with what most of what everyone has said above. I had temples worked on. I do think that you have very slight miniturization there, but you would need minimal hairs to tweak the area and make it more defined if you wanted to. I would use all the grafts for the top of the scalp, but if you have some grafts left over, then why not tweak a little into the temples. Either way, I am sure you are going to get an amazing result with or without the temple work. You are lucky to have the temples at age 38. Most people lose them sooner and with their hairline around the same time. So, looks like they are pretty stable now.

I agree.....I think they look pretty good now. If you get more grafts than you expect you might want to strengthen them some, but if it were me it would not be a priority.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

You should wait and see what Dr Rahal says when he examines you in person (in roughly 0 years, 5 weeks, 2 days, 20 hours, 30 minutes, 15 seconds :D ). It doesn't look like it should be a priority right now.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Matt and Spex

I will certainly wait and see what Dr Rahal says!! Its not anywhere near a top priority for me!! It would be like an icing on the cake type of thing! No Way I use up grafts for TP if needed on top!

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

Not sure how I missed a topic about one of my favorite subjects! NHP I agree you should leave the tps alone this surgery. Yours appear to have thinned a bit but they are still very prominent and will serve to help frame your face with your new hairline in their current state. If they recede too much in the future you could always do a small procedure to address them or if you eventually need another surgery you could do them then.

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com