Just after some opinions !!! (all input welcome)

I will cut t the chase !

Ive been on the forums for some months taking in all the good advice you guys give out :).

Just want a few opinions on my situation.

Im looking into getting a FUE procedure done i would say about 1000fue (correct me if you think different) in my temples and part of the hairline.

Im not after a NW1 hairline or anything just being realistic by wanting the temples closed and hairline strengthened at the corners were it meets the receding temples.

Im looking to good with a reputable Dr (ferundini or bisanga) so just after advice on if you think im being realistic and the chances are good for getting a good result.

Im 32 years old and not on any meds, tried propecia but didnt agree with me at all.

All opinions welcome

(ps the last pic is a photo shop my mate did not necessary what im after but along that line but a bit more receeded)

5b32d079be5e7_SAM_0090-Copy.jpg.985968edf04ed0e10685e210b9f87e70.jpg

5b32d079d46e0_fullfrontwet2.jpg.71383bc04e9512060cf0cdb704d3cbde.jpg

5b32d07a02867_topwet.jpg.c3e04522fde8c8b6efb58f20f35427fd.jpg

5b32d07a1b00e_frontrightwet.jpg.5334cf76e387a01ab79fc92aa87d6657.jpg

SAM_0086.jpg.df76421116505ca996920a05bd7c89d9.jpg

5b32d07a4dee9_photoshoppedhair.jpg.9ef8ad9596f5962d159d8953620698f1.jpg

I think your hair looks fine and would not do anything but if the temple recession bothers you, I do think 1000 would be more than enough to make a nice difference. Just make sure not to get too greedy and agressive in case your forlock thins.

Both docs you mentioned are good so no worries there.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Thanks cant decide,

I get told alot that i don't need anything doing even at consults lol, but it does really bother me and limit my style. after i show them in detail and explain they agree with me.

Your right about the forelock the doc will have dip into this but the centre is pretty strong.

I think you have a good head of hair esp at 32...but I understand how you want FUE to clean up the receded sections. 1,000 to 1,500 would cover it. I like how you photo shopped your last pic...I was like wait a minute...how did he get all of this hair without a HT??!! lol. How did you do that...a special program...I would like to do that to my pic to get an idea of what it would look like. I'm kind of surprised doctors don't have before and after software to simulate results...plastic surgeons do (i.e. nose jobs, face lifts, etc). I gather it can't be exact but it could give the patient a slight idea at least.

Nice photoshop job but I think the hairline may be a tad too aggressive. To get that kind of hairline I don't see 1K grafts being enough. More like 2K to 2.5K.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I will cut t the chase !

Im looking into getting a FUE procedure done i would say about 1000fue (correct me if you think different) in my temples and part of the hairline.

/QUOTE]

Hi RichFrog,

If you look at my result from my first ht, it will give you an idea what you might expect from 1,500 fue. Im not sure what 1,000 grafts would look like.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Nice photoshop job but I think the hairline may be a tad too aggressive. To get that kind of hairline I don't see 1K grafts being enough. More like 2K to 2.5K.

I agree with this. I think that proposed hairline isn't realistic for a man heading into his mid 30's. Personally, I'd keep the temples slightly receded to make it more natural. There aren't many hairlines that are as straight as the one you proposed.

Rich,

I disagree with most here - I don't think the photoshop is too aggressive. It looks like you're not bringing the center of the hairline down, just filling in the recession and closing the temples - correct? If that's the case, and assuming that your family history and current hair strength is good, then I think the photoshop design is reasonable. It's difficult to tell, but perhaps my only comments would be that its a little too flat. maybe/maybe not, but a great surgeon will guide you on the correct hairline slope.

I was in a similar situation to you pre-op, and believe me, I can appreciate the difference between your current pics and what you want. Having a strong hairline frames the face and can change your whole look. Many here are worse off that you, so you'll hear some "you already look great" posts - but if its important to you (as it was me) get er done.

As far as docs, those are two good ones, but I truly feel that Dr. Rahal is in his own class at providing dense, natural, hairlines - particularly in cases such as yours in which the rest of your hair is pretty strong. If you haven't had a consult with him, I would recommend it.

Lastly, as Aaron pointed out, your graft estimate is a little low - you will probably need about 2000 grafts to accomplish what you want.

Best of luck.

I agree with those who say the photoshop image isn't too aggressive. I don't think the hairline has been brought down any lower in the center. But to achieve that degree of temple closure and to increase the density in the forelock would likely require more than 1000 grafts.

How long have you been losing hair for?

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I think you have a good head of hair esp at 32...but I understand how you want FUE to clean up the receded sections. 1,000 to 1,500 would cover it. I like how you photo shopped your last pic...I was like wait a minute...how did he get all of this hair without a HT??!! lol. How did you do that...a special program...I would like to do that to my pic to get an idea of what it would look like. I'm kind of surprised doctors don't have before and after software to simulate results...plastic surgeons do (i.e. nose jobs, face lifts, etc). I gather it can't be exact but it could give the patient a slight idea at least.

Photoshopping is most often done with Adobe Photoshop. :) That's where the term comes from. It can be tricky. If the source image is bad then the result won't look good, but if it's a very good photo then you have to be skilled to make the work blend with the rest. RichFrog's mate did a great job.

I would say you need more like 1500 to 2000, if you wanted to add some some density around the forelock. YOu apear to have a collapsing forelock, or a "Charlie Brown". It appears to be just starting.

I also think it would look better to have a little more of a recession than photoshoped, but that is just my opinion. You have nice hair for 32 and your crown appears very stable which is good as well.

Good luck.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks for your input guys much appreciated.

I didn't think i explained myself very well in my haste to put the pics up lol :)

The photo was indeed a good job and it did take effort. But this was only to describe my ideal hairline but im a realist.

I think that hairline would look too straight for someone my age and everyone would notice because it would be such a change, probably think i was wearing a wig or something.

What im after is only 1200fu or under this i dont want a massive job just something to close the temples but still have them slightly receded on purpose. Ive attached another pic to show what i mean.

I have a small family my farthers dead but going by pictures he had blonde NW3/4 by 40 years old.

On my mothers side uncle has full head of hair at 70.

and a brother is nw3 at 27

and half brother nw2 at 40 which i take after more wierdly.

Does everyone agree i should defo go FUE route? I know the pros and cons with both but just want the option to shave riight down evetually.

2 first pics show the are in red, 3 shows ideally what im after. But do you think 4 and 5 are achievable?

Cheers

5b32d0880f417_example2.PNG.07501664665db242c0e1c6219c360af5.PNG

5b32d0882f00d_examplehairline.jpg.c541708b8bd0cf26dcdefdd6b72760ea.jpg

Slide7.jpg.5583006116cfa6f02900efd88a8030b0.jpg

5b32d08860bee_mineonsomeoneelse2.jpg.e34145fe6e2eac08c20f071db79bf4cf.jpg

5b32d0886c521_mineonsomeoneelse3.jpg.3b521f3925a7ecae21e0ac9e0fa94264.jpg

Is your hair thinning at the hairline or beyond? It does not appear to in the pictures.

I have a similar hairline but with some thinning in the first inch. Dr. Cooley estimated 1800-2100 grafts to lower it 1/4 of an inch all around. Had consults with other doctors, but they only suggested medication.

You should proceed with caution. My dad had NW2 at 40 now is about 4.5/5 at 66 years old. Personally I wouldn't do anything if there is no other thinning. I would wait a bit longer.

But if it is really, really bothering you then go for it. I think you should do the whole hairline though just in case the middle recedes in which case that would look quite unnatural if you had chose to only do the temples.

Edited by AnthonySC

All of the hairlines you've shown are achievable. FUE is obviously more expensive than FUT, but I do believe that for a small procedure like yours, FUE is the best option. You don't know for certain how many grafts you'll need until you consult with surgeons. When you do that I'd suggest being very clear about what your goals are. I think the photo you consider ideal would be the result of having the red outlined areas filled.

You do realize that you are thinning in twice the size of the area that you highlighted. Sorry to say. I am really thinking that your goal of just 1200 grafts will not give you the results you are looking for. I think you should get a consult with a reputable doc and go from there.

I am kind of surprised no one noted this. I am not trying to sound mean but it really Shouldn't matter how many grafts you want, just what your goal is and go from there.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanker;

No offence taken :)

I am after honest input, and i do see what your talking about the hair thinning just above the red line. its probably about 2cm into the forelock.

It sometimes difficult to judge in the pictures because the hair is wet and brushed back.

The red line was to show people the sort of thing i was after not completely accurate as i only did it quickly free hand.

Ive had one consult already with Dr Bisanga and he quoted 1500 FUE to lower the hairline.

I assume he took the fact of the extra thinning in the forelock to make his estimation?

Just out of interest how many would you think i need?, like i say im after everyone's input.

Also do you think 1000 would give a conservative hairline?

Thanks again

Ive had one consult already with Dr Bisanga and he quoted 1500 FUE to lower the hairline.I assume he took the fact of the extra thinning in the forelock to make his estimation?Just out of interest how many would you think i need?, like i say im after everyone's input.Also do you think 1000 would give a conservative hairline?

Rich, if I were you I would ask the doc if that estimate includes going back in the the thin area of the existing hairline to be sure and exactly how far if so rather than assume. Its better for that issue to be clearly understood by patient and doc without assumptions on either side. Also, just my impression but you really seem to be wanting to keep this down to 1,000 grafts. I'm wondering if this is because of cost or is there some other reason. You seem to have ample donor supply to harvest whatever number of grafts needed whether it be 1,000 or 2,500. It would make sense to first identify the goal and then estimate the number of grafts needed for that goal instead of identifying the number of grafts wanted and then trying to predict the goal/outcome.

Edited by Levrais
typo

View my patient website:

Hi Levrais,

I will email the clinic and ask, its just when i was at the consult i have a mind blank and forget all the questions ive been meaning to ask. I guess i should have wrote them down.

Also it a learning curve the longer im on this and other forums the more i learn about it. so can ask these questions in the next consults.

regarding the 1000 fue barrier, its for a couple of reasons,

1.I want to start off small see if the growth is ok and the density is fine then add more if im happy with it. this way i havent wasted grafts and money.

2. Being able to hide the procedure after it has been done. i will have limited time off work so will brush my remaining hair forward to cover the procedure until it grows in. The smaller the session the easier to hide.

I just think for me this is the best way to go

Rich,

That all makes sense and it is generally a good idea IMO to start small then re-assess for future goals. That's actually how I planned as well. But ultimately the docs are going to say how many grafts it will take to get acceptable results and the good docs may not want to negotiate. In other words if a doc knows it will not look good with under say 1,500 grafts, then they are not likely going to want to have their name associated with the work if you insist on a lower amount. I'm not implying you would do that but just making the point that you should try to be flexible to some extent in in the number of grafts.

As for the consults, I would definitely write the questions down and keep your notes from each doc because it can all start to run together. Also don't hesitate to follow up with more questions of the doc that you think of after. Once he has seen you in person, he should still be able advise you by phone or email until you make your decision.

View my patient website: