Who is the best hair transplant surgeoun to repair bosely scar

ihatebosely21

hello fellow hairl loss forum members,

I made a terrible mistake in choosing bosely boston dec 2010 (dr calder) i just went there trying to fix my hairline since it was receding and and ended up recieving a scar in the back of my head that they stated wouldnt be visible with the way i like to style my hair, i emphaized that i liked to keep my hair short to a 1 or 2 and the consultant (salesmen) Mark assured me that there would be no scar,i didnt research it and just figured ill have my hairline back but ..i was very wrong ..now i have another insecurity a scar in the back of my head that is still seen even with like a 4..i never keep my hair high ..i never have removed my hat off my had since the procedure im really to insecure about the scar and my hairline now its more the scar.. so now im looking into either fue into scar or Trichophytic Closure ..and i am trying to find out who is the best doctor for this ..ive looked into Dr Rahal, Wong & Hasson, or dr Lindsey..ive sent them pictures....I live in mass..

any advice?

5b32cfd22034c_newback.jpg.ad3fcdb273e73a5cf306dc8e7d7d1327.jpg

5b32cfd233177_newfront.jpg.268b45fa43631b631d5b14e85e3d16da.jpg

5b32cfd242008_newfronttop.jpg.b1f4a64d92dbe95d1031167d5c0c7f2d.jpg

5b32cfd263ec9_newwholetop.jpg.c205171ae702b70bc5bd6555f601fcaa.jpg

5b32cfd276cb1_newleft.jpg.a027d6494898b1728e7300de4f3a2f64.jpg

I'm aware of 3 ways to help treat or help camouflage the scar. 1. Scar revision where old scar is taken out in an attempt to give you a thinner scar. No guarantee this will work. 2. FUE into the scar. I haven't seen any consistent results that this works either. You may or may not get growth of FUE hair in scar. I think one issues with this method is the blood supply in and around scar. Less than optimal blood supply in this area probably wont lead to good growth plus its expensive. 3. Scalp microtation or tattoo into the scar. Personally, I may try this if I don't like my scar after I'm done with my FUTs. I just completed number 4. I think its less expensive and cosmetic results I've seen are better. In the meantime, use dermamatch to conceal the scar. Do a search here on this forum for each of these methods.

ihatebosely21,

Hi there, sorry to hear of your bad experience with your HT. All the Doc's that you mentioned are fantastic, Rahal H&W and Lindsey, you would be in save hands whichever of those Doc's you went with.

The main advice i would give you is take your time and do your research and trust me you will find the Doc you feel happiest with to let them help you to reduce the scar in the donar area.

There are a list of coalition Docs on here who all do tremendous work, you might want to check all them out and see who's work you like the best.

Dr Lindsey i believe used to be a plastic surgeon and is renown on here for getting good results with donar scar revision.

Hope this helps, and i hope you get the results you deserve

Kind Regards

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Man, sucks about the work you got from bosley. The good news is that you still have tons of native hair left. Get on Fin and you are already heading in the right direction with the docs you are currently looking at. You do have a handful of options with which to address your situation. If it were I would go for another strip surgery with an elite surgeon - especially since you already have gone through one strip procedure in the first place.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 3 weeks later...

i have decided to go with Dr. rahal and i have an appointment with him jan 4th i will put of pictures of my results..he is going to do an FUT 1600 and do tricho to close up the scar.

I contacted lindsey he wanted to put 400 FUE in my scar, for 4,000 ...H & W i wasnt too sure about them didnt respond with confidence plus i seen a post i didnt like about him, i never have seen anything bad about dr Rahal. Umar is way too expensive , Dr shapiro is booked out ..i dont have the patience, ...I want to sue bosely of boston but dont know how to go about it i spoke to them and sent them pictures of my results and they didnt respond because they know they are bad. Does anyone know a good attorney in the state of MAss that has successfully sued bosely that would be greatly appreciated ...also i am a double major at my college and will be joining the army this summer to help me get my phd

I would rank them in order

1) Rahal

2) H & W

3) Lindsey

Good luck.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Bosley is awful. Sorry to see they sucked you in. Forget about the lawsuit. Trust me I went that road and it's a waste of time and potentially money.

Now, I'm sure Dr. Rahal will make you aware of this, but strip scars even from the best HT docs can stretch. It's a matter of your physiology. The good news is that you are going to one of the best HT docs in the world so you have a much better shot at the overall HT being a success. Best of luck and keep us updated.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Yes. Exactly what hairthere said, " don't waste your time with a lawsuit ". Move on and start fresh and keep the money for future work! Hard lesson learned. Most of us have made that mistake.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Yes. Exactly what hairthere said, " don't waste your time with a lawsuit ". Move on and start fresh and keep the money for future work! Hard lesson learned. Most of us have made that mistake.

Yes, because they probably made you sign some papers before the surgery in which you agree that you'll get a scar and they can't guarantee it's pencil thin etc. A lawsuit wouldn't stand a chance.

ihatebosley21, if you want to add density to the area of your hair that Bosley did, I would advise to go for a FUT with a good (recommended) doctor like Rahal. You'll have to be careful after the surgery to avoid scar stretching (so no lifting of heavy things and don't press your chin against your chest for at least 3 months). There's a good chance that the scar will be really thin and hidden under hairs from the tricho closure.

If you only want to make the scar less noticeable (or even completely disappear with some luck), I would go for FUE in scar.

FUE in scar can give an amazing result. See this example: (Link removed by moderator - See Terms of Service)

Edited by TakingThePlunge

yeah he did tell about that...he also chose to do FUT or FUE because "He feels it is a better way to minimize the scar and since you are needing another procedure it would be in your best interest to do it this way. Also, because of your hair characteristics, FUE is not a great option for you, especially over scar tissue due to growth rate."

umar would have been like 13,000 or some crazy nonsense like that and dr rahal was a total of 6,500 (CAD) okay true i was really debating of just going to the salesman door and making him scared haha things you can do with technology by searching there name haha (i still might do that) ...but i do hope Dr Rahal can improve this because it is my biggest insecurity its not even my hairline anymore that i care about just the scar..i wish i would have did my research before Bosely ...also im gonna like wait outside there door and show all potential customers of theirs my scar and refer them to the hairloss forum ..or dr rahal, true, lindesy H & W...the only reason why they still make money is because we who have been scarred by them are scared to voice our opinions in front of others..id love to host a bosley Strike infront of there office !!!