Regret of HT

sjones23

Hi guys,

Im getting my HT done November 2012 with Dr Rahal im planning on 6000 grafts in 1 sitting,

I was just wondering if anyone has actually regreted getting there HT, i buzz my hair to a #1 or shorter and it looks good, im scared that if the Ht doesnt look great im stuck as i cant buzz my hair.

HELP :(

If you buzz your hair and it looks good, then why get a transplant?? I love Dr Rahal! As I am going to him in January, however, I have had previous work done and need more..No matter what, you have chosen a great surgeon!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Thanks for your reply Newhair,

Yeah it does look good when i buzz it but not as good as when i had hair, ive been told im a NW5 so 6000 gratfs should do the job quite nice, i was told 7000 would give me complete coverage so ill have to get the next 1000 another time,

When met with Dr Rahal and he seems like such a nice guy and as soon as i met his staff and the Dr himself i knew that Dr Rahal was my choice, ive seen people with worse hair loss than myself and had fewer grafts and they still come out looking like they have a full head of hair.

You're with Rahal... You won't regret it.

My only regret is that I didn't go to a quality clinic like SMG (or Rahal) in the first place...

Edited by aaron1234

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

If you really want to restore your hair, you won't regret it as long as you are going to a great doctor and you are. I am really happy I had my surgery five months ago......makes me wish I had done it sooner.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Hi,

Do you know for sure that you can get 6000 grafts in one sitting. I tried for the maximum amount of grafts and could only get 3743 grafts transplanted.

I have read some people have extremely lax scalps and are able to have large grafts extracted from their donor regions.

Anyway good luck with your HT.

Regards

Rod

• 3 weeks later...

Lots of people end up regretting it. I don't think the satisfaction rate is anywhere near what the HTN portrays it to be. You just don't hear much from the dissatisfied patients for obvious reasons...

I would imagine the success rate is something around 50-60% in terms of patient satisfaction. But then again, you have to realize that a lot of these guys are starting from rock bottom, so any hair growth must be considered a positive... not matter how unnatural and see through it is.

That being said, when a hair transplant does succeed, it succeeds well! It truly can be a life changing and transformative procedure... So it all depends on whether or not it's worth the risk, because it really is a risk and anyone who tells you differently doesn't have your best interest at heart.

For the record, I think it is worth the risk for my situation, but I'm only a NW4. I don't know how optimistic I would be for a NW5,6 or 7.

Good luck with your decision. I hope it works out either way.

Logically, dissatisfied patients would be the most likely to speak up in my opinion. That is typically what happens when people are given a forum to speak up on. Respectfully, if the work is done by a reputable clinic, I believe the satisfaction rate would be far higher than 50-60%. probably closer to 90% or better with some of the top clinics.

Logically, dissatisfied patients would be the most likely to speak up in my opinion.

Sure, that should be the case... but not on a website funded by the doctors in question!

I don't know how long you've been around the HTN Oralhair, but watch what happens once someone criticizes a Coalition doctor... he'll find himself attacked from just about every corner from fans and supporters of the doctor who have had a good result. He is then socially isolated and put on trial to prove that he in fact had a poor result and that he didn't have unrealistic expectations...

Very few detractors of Coalition docs will find support on the HTN from the community or moderators. They typically go to other forums that are not sponsored by the docs.

Also, it's a well known fact that many docs pay dissatisfied clients hush money in the form of refunds if they promise to sign non-disclosure agreements. I'm no conspiracy theorist... I never knew of such practices until recently exposed by Dr. Feller. Feller mentions on a recent thread how disgusted he is with doctors/clinics doing such things and how he, Dr. Feller, opposes the practice. I agree with him, it's still quite a shady industry.

I would say that it is much higher than 50 percent from reputable clinics, and probably lower at hack clinics.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I would say that it is much higher than 50 percent from reputable clinics, and probably lower at hack clinics.

So by your own criteria... if it's much higher at some, yet much lower at others, doesn't that put my average at about just right?

But then again, if they're really so "elite" then by definition that makes them one of few, not many... so the average as a whole would still be quite high...

just saying...

Galtsgutch

Many of these coalition clinics are booked for months and months in advance! I've been here a while, on this board, and have not seen many complaints from these top doctors. You are right about former patients coming to the aid of a doctor, however, these patients were treated great by the doctor and I can't blame them because the so called doctor in question who is being attacked changed that patients life!!!! I hope that makes sense.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

now i dont know what to do after reading these posts, im a NW5 but it does look ok as i buzz it people say i look like Jason Statham which isnt a bad compliment, the doc said i will be a NW6, so if i do go ahead with it im going to try and get 9000 in total over 2 HTs

sjones, in my opinion, your threshold question is whether or not you want to just shave your head and move on. If you can't move on, then consult with some top docs. If you go to one of the top clinics, you will be fine. You need to make sure that your expectations are in line with what those docs believe you can achieve. If your expectations are in line with what they tell you, you will be OK. The top clinics on here will be honest with you. If they can't achieve what you want, they will tell you.

Hi,

I guess if you take into consideration the HT industry as a whole you are probably correct in estimating that there are only 50 - 60% satisfaction rates amongst patients.

I would disagree that a norwood VI won't be happy with their results. I was norwood VI and had a successful HT surgery of 3743 grafts and my appearance is greatly approved. I think that some people who have undertake a HT don't do their research because a good doctor should tell that results do vary from one person to another.

I see that you are in your early 30's and I surmise that you wouldn't be happy with an outcome that I had. I'm 50 years old and whilst my new hair is a bit see thru I still think I look vastly improved. I was never the type of person to live my life under a hat and just embraced my hairloss (well as best I could).

I think when accepting your lot in life it all depends where you are sitting on the tree. I was on the bottom branch and I am greatful for the result that I received.

I think the major thing for prospective customers (just like you did) is to research as much as possible on the net and take your time to determine whether you wish to undergo a HT.

Regards

Rod

Edited by RodG

Orlhair1, Thanks for your reply, When i went for my consultation i took a few pictures of a certain hair style and look that i wanted and i was told that i would be able to achieve that very look with around 4000 - 5000 gratfs and that made me happy,

Its a tough one as when i buzz my hair it does look good and everyone says it really suits me but i would love to go back to having my hair

Im pretty sure i still want it done and there is alot of great people on here which i really think they have your best interests at heart

Edited by sjones23

sjones~ Its all goody, Im in the exact same boat, norwood 5a with some diffuse thinning in a norwood 4 pattern, Goin for 4000 or better with Dr hasson in jan~! and you know what else we have in common! WEre both scared as shit! Dont start reading peoples posts about regretting their ht, Youll end up not being able to sleep, eat, concentrate, or hear people that are talking right to your face~ Luckily jotronic helped calm me down~! HEy s jones, Have you had the thought about what kind of tattoo you could get to cover your donor scar after you shave your head! LOL!

I agree.....everyone is nervous and scared going in....I certainly was.....then I realized that it was much easier than I thought and at only 5.5 months out, I am really glad I did it.

Skepticalguy,

HaHa i hear you man, im not sure about the tattoo on the donor scar i have tattoos but on the head that would hert bro.

We are both in the same boat though pal and we are both shitting it i agree. My biggest fear is if i get it done it will turn out not the way i want it and people say your going bald, ive been there ive done it already and dont want that again and the fact that it suits be buzzed id be taking that option away

YOu know paranoia can make any scenario believable~ especially when you start reading peoples posts on here about bad ht's. a couple people have painted an outline in the shade, and then your mind starts to fill in the blanks, YOu start to feel like every person who says im glad i did it, is actually THE DOCTOR!!!!!! DAN DAN DAAAAAHHHH~ INsert Dramatic chipmonk with scalpel and surgical shower cap here~