Biotin - Acne?

JayWalker

Ive suddenly got acne on my forehead which I havent had in years. The only difference to anything is about a week on Biotin. Anyone else suffered with this?

Im going to drop it and see if they subside.

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/journal.asp?CopyID=10024&WebID=2832

October 2011 - 1647 FUT - Dr Dorin

January 2014 - 1580 FUT - Dr Dorin

Come to think of it, I did get a lot of acne on my back when I started biotin four months ago. But I also started MSM, folio acid, and fish oil at the same time... So who knows what really caused it. Eventually, the acne settled down and I haven't taken any time off from Biotin. I suggest to stick it out a little longer and see of your body can adjust to the supplement.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Ive done a bit of fishing and it would seem alot of people have suffered with acne with it.

Come to think of it, when i used Glucosamine sulphate, that did exactly the same.

Looks like we're both on a subconscious mission to relive our zit-faced teenage years. As if balding wasn't already enough!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Ive suddenly got acne on my forehead which I havent had in years. The only difference to anything is about a week on Biotin. Anyone else suffered with this?

Im going to drop it and see if they subside.

How far below your hairline is the acne?

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

How far below your hairline is the acne?

Corvettester

Thats just the thing, its nowhere near my hairline.

I dont think sulphates suit me, I was exactly the same with Glucosamine. Just on forehead, same as before.

interesting,because I've also noticed unusual acnes on both sides of my head above sideburns (where I never lost hair).and I never had acnes in those parts before.

I started taking Bioting 5mg around 3 months ago.

I cant detect any improvement on my hair maybe hair looks healthier but I'm not sure..but my nails are stronger and grow faster than before.

Edited by alix

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have read about many people getting acne breakouts from biotin. I did not get it, but flared up like teenager when I upped the dosage of MSM. However, the breakouts are temporary and you do not need to stop totally. Try adjusting the dosage and gradually increase until reaching the dosage you set for. I would not say that I have had great results with the stuff, but it does speed up the process. It is all about taking what you can get though.

There is no scientific evidence of biotin causing skin problems.

I've taken biotin plenty over the years, and the worst thing it has done is make my nails grow faster!