*UPDATE*Dr. Ron Shapiro 6 & 12 Months Result - 1663 grafts/3298 hairs

Big difference with small amount of grafts! Very efficient.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

hey there,

this is probably not the right place to post this but I'd really appreciate any advice that you guys could give me?!

I am a young male (20 years old). I am not thinning/balding and am not worried about this in the near future as the balding genes in my family are pretty good. Unfortunately I have fine hair and not much of it, however. I am pretty self conscious about it and it would improve my self confidence a lot if I could fine some sort of long-term solution.

It seems to me there are two of these:

1) a hair transplant from the back of my head to other areas, including the side of the head to give my hair an overall thicker look.

2) take some sort of hair growth pills which might encourage thicker/fuller hair growth.

What do you guys think?

Thanks,

Louis

hey there,

this is probably not the right place to post this but I'd really appreciate any advice that you guys could give me?!

I am a young male (20 years old). I am not thinning/balding and am not worried about this in the near future as the balding genes in my family are pretty good. Unfortunately I have fine hair and not much of it, however. I am pretty self conscious about it and it would improve my self confidence a lot if I could fine some sort of long-term solution.

It seems to me there are two of these:

1) a hair transplant from the back of my head to other areas, including the side of the head to give my hair an overall thicker look.

2) take some sort of hair growth pills which might encourage thicker/fuller hair growth.

What do you guys think?

Thanks,

Louis

Definitely not a hair transplant since you have not lost any hair and you are too young. Since you are not losing your hair, you probably should look around and various supplements that some people indicate help the overall health of your hair such as Biotin.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

hey there,

I am a young male (20 years old). I am not thinning/balding and am not worried about this in the near future as the balding genes in my family are pretty good.Louis

You will get more feedback on your own thread.....

If you are not balding, I wouldn't consider ht surgery. You are too young and I don't see any reputable clinics performing surgery on you. Due to concerns of side effects, I wouldn't consider dht blockers (propecia) at this point either. Perhaps check into good hair care products to help thicken your hair. Good luck.

THANK YOU AARON AND ORLHAIR FOR YOUR COMMENTS!!

Edited by Janna