Hair Transplant Pinkness

Completely normal, it can take a good few weeks for the pinkness to go.

I agree.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

El Nino,

Just in case you needed a little more reassurance, I completely agree. I was pink for a good two months after each of my hair transplants. Nothing to worry about.

Good luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I understand some redness goes quick and others dont, but what can you use to disguise the redness can anyone answer that through experience? As cannot wear a cap for 2 months.

Is there makeup that works Or people have used?:confused:

Generally, patients who have fair skin tend to keep the redness a little longer. I have had patients that used a little self tanning lotion on the face only ( not on the red area) to help blend the face and forehead. Definitely do not get any direct sun exposure on transplanted area and if you get flush easy you might want to stay away from spicy foods for a while.

Everything I read said to use good old-fashioned liquid foundation (make-up). If you don't have a wife/girlfriend that can help you, just goto Walgreens and pick a color a little darker than you think. I learned that the hard way. I went in a rush before work, and ended up looking like a clown from the hairline back. lol.

The good thing about that also, is that some of the major brands include SPF in it, so it will protect your sensitive skin from any over-exposure to sun.

Good luck and hang-in there. I am 2 months out, and barely have a little pink still there.

My Hair Loss Web Site

FUT - 8/12/11 - Dr. Keller - Chicago - 3140 grafts

365 singles, 375 doubles, & 2400 multiple hair grafts

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a professional within the hair transplant field, but I am one hell of a researcher and have been dubbed "master googler" by people that know me. So, anything I say is solely my best opinion or answer based on everything I have read and/or experienced. :)

Everything I read said to use good old-fashioned liquid foundation (make-up). If you don't have a wife/girlfriend that can help you, just goto Walgreens and pick a color a little darker than you think. I learned that the hard way. I went in a rush before work, and ended up looking like a clown from the hairline back. lol.

The good thing about that also, is that some of the major brands include SPF in it, so it will protect your sensitive skin from any over-exposure to sun.

Good luck and hang-in there. I am 2 months out, and barely have a little pink still there.

will def try the liquid foundation sounds like a good bet, did you jus wash your hair to take it out every night or use makeup remover?:confused:

I washed it. I wasn't sure how to get it off at the time, so I just took a shower. :)

My Hair Loss Web Site

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a professional within the hair transplant field, but I am one hell of a researcher and have been dubbed "master googler" by people that know me. So, anything I say is solely my best opinion or answer based on everything I have read and/or experienced. :)

Thanks so much Bill, I really appreciate it.

Best wishes.

My Hair Loss Web Site

The darker your skin tone the less redness you will have and it will last the shortest period of time. The lighter your skin is the more redness you'll have and it will last the longest. Think of it as a sunburn. They are easier to get if you are light skinned, harder to get if you are darker skinned. It will pass with time.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

The darker your skin tone the less redness you will have and it will last the shortest period of time. The lighter your skin is the more redness you'll have and it will last the longest. Think of it as a sunburn. They are easier to get if you are light skinned, harder to get if you are darker skinned. It will pass with time.

Thanks jotronic though in your experiences working for the great H & W , is it ok to wear liquid foundation or powder foundation(as southbeach mentioned) to help disguise if have to OR would it effect the ht results?

If not is there anything else that can be used?:confused: