Doing the deed soon - Feller

paris_caine

Hey Guys, after years of indecision, met with DR. Feller about a month ago. Was satisfied with his approach and honesty. Thought some more, and finally set the date for Dec 23, thanks mostly to my GF who wouldn't let me back out this time.

Anyway, i know many of you here have so much experience with HT either personally or through research, so i just have a few questions.

i use toppik and a spray. The night before surgey i want my scalp to be squeaky clean. what is the best shampoo/oil/anything that you guys recommend?

What kind of hat should i take with me for post op? i usually wear a fitted baseball cap, fairly loose. i know knit caps are a no-no.

Is there anything else that i need to to do to get ready for the surgery or anything else post-op that would help. Anything you can think of, no matter how small, would be greatly appreciated.

Of course, i would go over all these and many more questions with Dr. Feller before the op.

Thanks a bunch, and wish me luck

I would just take something very loose!!! Also, FYI, the more you can go without a hat the first couple of weeks, the better...the wounds heal faster when they hit air. I think! Im sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Ha

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Maybe a stupid question but can someone tell me more about what kind of hat works best? It seems like a baseball hat might put pressure on the back where the donor scar is. But not a knit hat? Any suggestions...maybe even a doo-rag? I guess I'm just thinking the first week or so while the recipient area needs extra caution.

BTW Spex, when you are talking about wearing a hat, are u talking about just from doctor's office back to your apt. or for an extended time after surgery? if it's just the ride back, how about just pulling a hood over ur head, and then not using anything until you have to go back to work, or do u think that even for that short amount of time, a trucker hat which allows air to the back is advisable?

Thanks

Spex, i guess what i was trying to ask was that if the only time i will cover my head in the first week is on my ride back to my apt (about 45 mins.)., is it ok to use a hood to cover it, or is there any potential of damage to grafts?

Thanks

Paris.

paris, you don't want anything in direct contact with your grafts so I would say a hoodie is not the best idea. If you are just 45 minutes away I would say just wear nothing.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Well a baseball hat won't sit directly on your grafts, there will be some space in between. As far as the donor scar, get an adjustable cap and leave the back open or just fitted loose.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I live in the city, but overseas with work. I actually fly in from Europe the day before the surgery. I will be in the states for about two weeks, then back to work.

Exchanging notes is a good idea. I will definitely share my feedback here. After all that I have read about Dr. Feller, I am sure that it will be a very positive one!

As will I.

Dr. feller has taken some pics of me. i will take some myself soon, and post them here and starting with immediate post-op, i will keep everyone posted.

I have been contemplating this for more than 5 years. i hope i have made the right decision. Time will tell, although positive reviews from his patients and everyone in general help put my mind at ease somewhat.

Paris.

Paris_caine,

It's normal to feel nervous and jumpy before the operation. I was much like you not knowing what to wear, do, feel, eat, take etc but all you need to know is you are going to one of the most sort after hair transplant Doctors in the world.

As Spex has mentioned he has done quite a few including mine which i am overjoyed about and so much so am returning on December 19th for round 2 into the crown and hairline tweak.

I am greedy. But at the same time knowing the results I can expect I have the confidence and rationale to go for more, when you have a world class surgeon behind you, you really have nothing to worry about.

I wouldn't trust any other Doctor with my head now as Dr Feller is just a class act along with Spex. You should seriously consider Spex hair loss eduction modules and ebook which everyone who purchases raves about its called

Maximum Hair Minimum Loss http://maximumhairminimumloss.com it helped be well after my first hair transplant and also this upcoming one.

You will be fine and remember that Dr Feller one of the most prolific reputations for good reason.

Just remember everything that happens after the surgery is pretty much out of your control after 24-48hrs all the grafts are locked in, you won't knock them out, your own individual make up will determine how quick you grow, how much scaring you will have, (which will be minor with Dr Feller). The good news is the you have given yourself the best possible result by choosing DR Feller in the first instance, don't worry about the rest.

Spex's hair loss project will make you feel assured when you go through the extensive video modules that you will be no doubt asking about again and again post op. Its great piece of mind and in my opinion an essential resource to all HT guys both pre during and post op.

all the best

UK R

Edited by Ukresponder

:)2250 Strip Dr Feller

:)1900 Strip Dr Feller

-----------------------------------

2 Great HT's & Experiences

-----------------------------------

I didn't mean to imply that i am having second thoughts about Dr. Feller or have any doubts about his skills. But, as UK R said, it is very natural to have doubts, fears and some questions, no matter how skillful everyone tells you the doc is. i am meeting Dr. Feller again a month before my procedure. Hope he will help ease some of my nervousness.