Weird Consultation, really weird!

I was not offended either and I completely understand why you crossed Dr. Epstein off of your list. Aaron is correct that you should expand your search to get more information so that you can make an informed decision.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

I personally think your reasons for not choosing Dr. Epstein, other than the transgender issue, are very valid and understandable. I personally don't give two sh*ts how you feel about transsexuals or homosexuals, I rarely am offended by anything. However I can understand why others jumped on you. I would be willing to bet that every recommended doc on this board has performed a transplant on a transgender patient. It is not that unusual or weird as you think. Dr. Rahal is one of the most respected surgeons on this board, and rightly so, and just recently he performed a procedure on a transgender patient:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/162185-dr-rahal-transgender-patient-4044-grafts-4-months.html

Should he be considered strange or unethical for performing this procedure? Of course not! He is my top choice at the moment, so I’m not trying to bash Dr. Rahal. Just wanted to point out that the transgender comment was moronic. Every other issue was spot on; I wouldn't let Epstein touch me with a ten foot pole.

Homophobia and transphobia are not one in the same, but their roots are the same -- roots of ignorance. And, while we're at it, transgender and gay are not the same, and being transgender doesn't make you gay. (We could go on: transgendered individuals are not necessarily transsexuals...)

Calling the procedures creepy (particularly without qualifying that word choice) may seem clever at first -- after all, we're all dudes here, right? -- but it's not really.

I'm not saying Dr. Epstein is a great doctor, but the procedures aren't that far-fetched, and I think you'd be shocked to know that some surgeons whose work you do admire actually perform such procedures. They simply choose not to showcase that work for various reasons.

Finally, we're all on an online forum, aren't we? If we're confused about something, we can just open another tab in our explorer and do a quick google search to educate ourselves. That's the beauty of the internet; you don't have to take a Gender & Sexuality course at Sarah Lawrence to be informed and speak thoughtfully about such matters. ;-)

Back to the issue at hand, though, you should feel comfortable wherever you decide to get your procedure done, and if the hard sell bothers you and the general atmosphere bothers you...go elsewhere.

AS I STATED BEFORE: I have an opinion and this is a free country. I never said ANYTHING directly about an individual person or a group of people or that someone was wrong for doing certain things. MY POINT WAS that THOSE TYPE OF PROCEDURES PERSONALLY CREEP ME OUT and make me feel uncomfortable and ME PERSONALLY would not go to a Doctor who performs those types of procedures because there is a HIGH chance that they will not give me a conservative opinion on anything as they perform in what I believe are non-conservative and (bizarre to me) surgeries.

Everyone has their own feelings and values and what they are comfortable with. I DID NOT say anything negative about any group of people, gender, or class....this was MY opinion and MY feeling, and this thread was not even about that. You guys should spend more time at the point at hand than wasting your day trying to pick a fight on something unrelated. Drop it, move on, go outside and play frisbee.....let me ask my question and get some useful feedback.....damn......

Drop it, move on, go outside and play frisbee......

That actually sounds very frisbeephobic to me! :P

No worries losingslowly. You sure got the speech police after you.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

losinghair I agree your comment outside of hair transplants has gone crazy. Its was great for you to share you experiences with two doctor, unfortunately you got unjustly attacked right after your first post.

You will see this forum has a wealth of knowlege and lots of information. As some people have stated there are alot of great doctors in the Florida area.

No worries losingslowly. You sure got the speech police after you.That actually sounds very frisbeephobic to me! :P

LOL I am sure somebody will have something to say about that. Man some people are so sensitive and try to make things up out of nothing.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• 1 year later...

No worries losingslowly. You sure got the speech police after you.

Hahaha! That's hilarious Aaron! I must say I would have never seen this thread if it weren't for the recent bump....but your comment above seriously made me laugh out loud!!! Thanks for the ab workout tonight bud!!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.