RAHAL/ H&W Patients...Question for u!!!

Capelli11

Hi Everyone!

I have narrowed my choice of doctors to 1 in NYC and have spoken to a few of his patients which was great! But I have also narrowed it down to 2 other doctors- Rahal and Hasson & Wong as I feel I can get 1 pass with these doctors vs. the first doctor as I would only need around 2000 to 2700 total give or take so I figure I would rather have 1 pass instead of 2 if possible.

Question....I wanted to speak/email with some patients that have been to either Rahal or H&W...is anyone willing to share their experiences with me?! I am in the process of trying to visit these doctors but can really learn more with speaking to the patients as well. So if you can be so kind and either PM me so we can chat or even better if you live in the NYC area if we could meet that would be great!

Also...for patients who traveled...I gather you did a phone consultation...but did you ever have an in person consultation before you booked the surgery? Not sure how this works...thanks!!!

Nice...I was considering FUE with Rahal...keep us all posted and good luck!!!

Capelli you are using the right approach in making a decision. If you are from the New York area you should also consider Dr. Feller as well. As for H&W there are many patients stories, pictures and video on this website to see. Are you Italian? If so it would be great to have another Italian coming to Vancouver as long as you are not an Inter fan.;). A few famous Italian soccer players have come to Vancouver. Thankfully no Inter player yet.

Forza Milan!!

Good luck on your search regardless of who you pick I am sure you will have a great result.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Thanks for your response Lorenzo! yes I am Italian. I consulted with Feller too and he said only 1,200 give or take. How would you rate your H&W experience?! Their videos are great but i gather that is only their best patients?! Also, every H&W scar...it always seems to be very high...do you know why this is? i guess they know what they are doing but always curious to know why it seems so high though?

Since I translate for the Italians that come to H&W I have witnessed over 100 surgeries live. The scar is always taken from the safe zone. I have witnessed scar taken from different area from lower to higher depending on the patients donor zone. Its funny that everyone who say its taken from high and out of the safe zone never find any example to show where grafts have fallen out after the operation. H&W have been on this website for over 10 years yet not one example. When many people consider you the world best clinic its understandable why people are always looking for anything to bring you down. Its called human instinct I guess

. I have the ability to not only talk about my experiences but also the over 100 surgeries that I have witnessed they are number 1 in my opinion. If Dr. Feller says that you only need 1200 or so grafts then you hairloss must be very mininum.

Having said that it is a great website to reasearch and come up with a great decision regardless of who you chose.

Good luck!!!

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

I never doubted H&W's scar placement but I was always curious why it was a lot higher than literally all the other scars I have seen...i'm gathering they have a reason for it. That is really cool you have seen so many surgeries live...I would definitely love to see one live and in person. I am always amazed at their you tube videos and how they produce such dense results...unbelievable. I sent them my pics and they said about 2,500 to 3,000. I left a message with Joe and am awaiting a call back to discuss this consultation.

I have a so called high scar and love it because it opens up loads of hairstyling options and i can keep my hair short at the sides below the scar.

The reason why he takes high up in the safe zone is because with most people that is where the thickest hair is and also a lot of people like my self have retrograde alopecia in the so called safer lower zone that most doctors use so in theroy some people who think they're safer because their scar is low actually have miniturizing hairs transplanted in their ht on top.

Now there is no way of knowing for sure my scar is 100% all definitely in the safe zone meaning maybe one day i could go to a nw7 but i highly doubt it and i trust Dr Hassons opinion as he has been doing this for many years, like lorenzo says there's never been a single case where the hair has started to thin around one of Dr Hassons scar!

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Thats a very interesting point in that it does seem good in that you can shave the sides shorter bc there is no scare evidence as it is higher up...sounds smart actually! As i said before I am certain H&W know what they are doing as their results are insane.

I never thought about it but Bonker makes a great point. This is a good friend of mine that had a transplant 11 years ago with Dr. Hasson.

arnold.jpg.3c9ffd4c662f4b0349cfded69aae8b2f.jpg

Lol..........Inter fans are very unique. They originated as outcast of the Milan Cricket and football club. Gala great team and history for sure.

My barber just shafted me lol. I'm only 5 months post surgery So still have redness and shockloss but with a blade 4 and clever blending at the scar makes it look ok so I tried a blade 3 today and it showed up like a lighsaber lol so I can't go shorter than blade 3 until it's healed properly.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

100% I would go to Rahal especially if FUT. Unless its FUE then maybe Feller is more experienced. I had a great experience with him and willing to share it with you, you can private message me and I will add you to my messenger to answer all your questions. 2 years ago, that was my question but I ended up with Rahal after long research. Ciao amico mio, ci vediamo...

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hariri I have been looking everywhere for your pictures from your recent Rahal surgery. I cant find it anywhere, could you post the link of the photos I would like to see how the surgery looks.

Thanks!!

No photos? Opps I was not trying to cause a problem. People have to right to post or not post their pictures whatever they feel comfortable with.

Although in my opinion generally speaking, I feel a persons showing photos has better creditablity, stronger case in refer or recommending any doctor and gives posters a better understanding of their hairloss story.

This is in no way against Hariri just my opinion.

Lorenzo, I didn't mean it that way either. I just would be interested in the photos because the surgery has been discussed in several posts. Agree it is a personal decision and also agree it helps build credibility to show the history and progression as you mentioned.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

I will post it guys don't worry, I'm just waiting to get my pre op and post op photos from the clinic, I pictured last night my one month post op pictures.. Luckily I didn't get any shock loss yet because where hairline is, its all transplanted hair previously. I will post them once I get them from the clinic, I'm just waiting for their reply...

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hariri get your photos out lad lol. We're all in haste to see them.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1