9 Month Post Op

BrainFried

Looks good. It seems a bit thin but you are not helping matters with the drenching wet hair. Could you post some dry pics as well? Wet hair always reveals transplanted hair at its worst.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Agree with Aaron on the wet hair pics, although for the viewers I guess we can see the hair at it's most revealing. Personally, I liked how you styled your hair in the 7 month pics (the first few off of the link) without any of the hair gel, it looks really solid in those pics.....

Either way, sounds like your are happy - congrats!

Dr Arocha

3626 FU's

H1: 508

H2: 1741

H3: 1377

My Hairloss Website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2127

Exactly what Ahairdown said...

Your 7 month update with dry hair and no products looks great, very natural and dense.

Your 9 month update with wet, gelled hair makes it appear less dense, even though it does look really good styled. Indeed, you have a clear and definite cosmetic improvement.

I imagine that it looks perfectly natural in person and any thinness is completely undetectable to 99% of people. We can only see that because you posted micro-photos of your hairline.

Although you still have a lot of maturing to do, I'd say that this is a pretty solid result and I'd be happy with it. If anything, you may want to go back for a touch up in about 6 months if you're not happy with the density in the immediate hairline, but it certainly isn't a necessity in your case. I can't imagine you wanting or needing more than a thousand grafts.

It's quite common for most people to go back for a touch-up procedure to address density. However, I do consider what you have now to be a good stand-alone result. I'm happy for you.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

BrainFried,

There's no doubt you've come a long way! Definitely experiment with styling products. The right combo can really help maximize the appearance of density.

Congratulations!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Looks really good man! I agree with what everyone else has said re: wet/dry. It took me a good 6 weeks to figure out how to style my new hair and what products worked and what didn't, especially since I hadn't had the hair to use any product for years before that. Ha!

Hey Y'all,

thanks for the compliments.

IMHO it now does look very natural(way diff than at month 3,4 and 5) and really good when you are not looking too close. I do agree that in month 7 it does look way better. But that is because i just got a hair cut and the stylist had shaped it and hair dried it.

In the 9 month It's not gelled but it's right after I showered and put in the equate minox which makes it look gelled.

I'm going to try to put in an new pic that is where the hair is just dry with no minox or any spray in it. should have that up there soon.

Again thanks guys for the compliments.

BrainFried

Ready for the Road Ahead

HT Website

3092 FUT's

1 Hair - 688

2 Hair - 1812

3 hair - 692