Dr Rahal Transgender Patient - 4044 Grafts - 4 Months

This 42-year-old female patient has undergone gender reassignment surgery. Showing pronounced hairline recession, HT surgery was required to achieve a feminine appearance as well as cover significant scarring from hairline advancement/forehead lift surgery.

Dr Rahal transplanted a total of 4044 hairs via the FUT method, covering approximately 70 cm/2. The patient has hair of a fine caliber.

Graft breakdown:

808 Singles.

2773 Doubles.

463 Triples.

They are another example of a patient who experienced early growth. The after pictures were taken at 4 months post-op and hopefully we'll see how she's doing with further updates in the future.

before01.jpg

before02.jpg

before03.jpg

before04.jpg

4months01.jpg

4months02.jpg

4months03.jpg

Edited by mattj

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

This is the first transgender case I've come across on here. This is turning out to be another homerun by Dr. Rahal and his staff.

Should this lady no longer lose hair now that she is taking transgender medications?

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

This is the first transgender case I've come across on here. This is turning out to be another homerun by Dr. Rahal and his staff.

Should this lady no longer lose hair now that she is taking transgender medications?

This patient is on estrogen therapy, but presumably the risk of hairloss remains in their case, at least for the time being, as they are also currently taking Propecia.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Am i been thick but wouldn't it be better for her to chop her balls off? In theroy that would definitely stop the future hair loss.

Great growth again matt!

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Well if she is then hairloss is a thing of the past for her. No need for propecia now.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

What a huge difference for the better! It's really amazing what a transformation a hair transplant can give a person.

For sure! Especially the hairline!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

• 2 weeks later...
Am i been thick but wouldn't it be better for her to chop her balls off? In theroy that would definitely stop the future hair loss.

Bonkerstonker, yes, yes, you ARE 'being' (not 'been') thick. And, the way you decided to phrase that question only emphasizes that.

To answer your question, gender reassignment surgery may prevent future hair loss, but it won't reverse hair loss. Hormone replacement therapy can aid in preventing future hair loss, but likewise, it won't be effective for reversing hair loss. A hair transplant is the only way for her to go.

Furthermore, gender reassignment surgery and hormone replacement therapy aren't as effective later in life as they are when you aren't as far removed from puberty.

Lastly, gender reassignment surgery is not an easy surgery, and it's VERY expensive. Also, she has to be on hormone replacement therapy and receiving psychological treatment for a period of years before any reputable doctor would perform such a surgery. A hair transplant is a walk in the park (perhaps even a lounge on a blanket in a park) in comparison. On the agenda of things a transgendered (or pre-op transsexual) individual would be considering, a hair transplant is something she can more quickly check off the list.

• 9 months later...