Dr. Panine, Chicagoland Area

raph105

Just wanted to share my experience. While I can't speak for his surgical skills, I would definitely not choose to be seen by Dr. Panine. I went in for a consult this morning and arrived 15-20 minutes early to fill out paperwork. The building is old and drab looking. Perhaps his office is modern, though. Unfortunately, I never found out.

Arriving to his floor, his office was locked. Closed. I called the office to see if I was in the wrong place and got Dr. Panine on his cell phone. He was on his way to the office. Appointment time rolled around, still no one in the office. So I left. Called to cancel. He said he was almost there.

Like I said, he may have fine surgical skills, but you'll feel like you're being seen by some back alley discount abortion doctor or something. Who doesn't have a receptionist? And who doesn't open their office so patients can at least come into the waiting room?

I don't know about you, but if I'm going to trust someone for an expensive, elective, cosmetic procedure, I want someone who is professional, reliable, and trustworthy, someone whose practice is busy enough that it doesn't have to open just for me. In my experience, that is NOT Dr. Panine.

I agree, that is weird. What time in the morning was this??

He has some great before/after's - and some really happy patients that have posted up as well. Would be nice to have an explanation although I doubt we ever get one. Thanks for sharing your experiences and good luck.

Have you been to Konior yet - he's in your area also?

Dr Arocha

3626 FU's

H1: 508

H2: 1741

H3: 1377

My Hairloss Website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2127

Raph105,

I would like to respond to your unfair post about Dr. Panine and his clinic. You are correct you did have an appointment with our clinic this morning at 10am and you did call the clinic at 9:40 and the call was transfered to my phone (Stuart ,you did not speak to Dr. Panine). As I told you I was ac ouple minutes away from the clinic and did arrive at the clinic by 9:55am. It was every intention of mine to arrive to the clinic much earlier than 9:55, but I happened to get caught in some unexpected traffic, which does happen being in Chicago and Dr. Panine did arrive shortly after me.

Also our office is very modern clean, and profesional. We treat every person that comes into our clinic with the upmost of repsect. We did not come into the clinic today just to see you, our day starts at 10AM and you happened to be our first person of the day. Our hours of operation start at 10 and go until sometimes 11 0r 12 at night, depending on how big a procedure we have that day. Dr. Panine performs 4 surgeries per week and he prefers to start his day at this time, which should be his choice, you have to understand this are very long and grueling days for Dr. Panine and his staff. Some Dr. prefer to start at 8am, he prefers to start his day at 10am

As far as Dr. Panines results they speak for themselves, which can be viewed by you and anyone else that choses to on this network. He has been performing hair transplant for 19 years and has performed 1000's of procedures and helped 1000's of other patients with hair loss and other medical conditions and I honestly have to say you are the first one that has ever stated anything quite the way you have about Dr. Panine and his clinic. Again your appointment was for 10am and please except my appology for not getting to the clinic before you, but sometimes things happen and for the record I was there at 9:55am

Edited by Stuart01

I am employed as the patient coordinator and office manager for Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Dr. Panine is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be interperted as medical advice

After seeing some of Dr. Panine's results I'd look past this blip and schedule another consult. Excellent HT docs are not easy to find and you'll want to give yourself as many options as possible.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

After seeing some of Dr. Panine's results I'd look past this blip and schedule another consult. Excellent HT docs are not easy to find and you'll want to give yourself as many options as possible.

I agree! He also gives you value. What may look like a drab building on the outside, he is passing those savings on to his patients by not having as high of a rent probably. It's the surgical area that counts and Dr. Panine's is as nice as they come. There is a surgical walkthrough posted on here somewhere you should look at. I would definitely give him another chance for a consult!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

• 1 month later...

And as always, consult with multiple doctors...have you tried the other two recommended on this site? Dr. Keller and Dr. Konior?

Everyone has different opinions and judgments about offices, doctor's "bedside manner," experiences etc.

There were a couple of things that I noticed during my consultation and that didn't meet my needs/expectations, but as someone said, maybe the savings or lackings in one area are what enable him to be one of the more affordable doctors.

I, of course, am a huge fan of Dr. Keller and his results speak for themselves as well....incredible doctor, great overall experience from initial phone call for information all the way through the process.

My Hair Loss Web Site

FUT - 8/12/11 - Dr. Keller - Chicago - 3140 grafts

365 singles, 375 doubles, & 2400 multiple hair grafts

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a professional within the hair transplant field, but I am one hell of a researcher and have been dubbed "master googler" by people that know me. So, anything I say is solely my best opinion or answer based on everything I have read and/or experienced. :)