Surgery in 2 days with Dr. Ron Shapiro

son111

Hi everyone,

I live in Sweden and have now arrived in US. Staying at a hotel near Shapiro Medical Group (SMG) office. I have a consultation scheduled for tomorrow and the actual surgery is taking place in two days. Getting a bit nervous but the whole reason for me coming all the way to US is cause of all the nice things I heard about Dr. Ron Shapiro on this forum.

Crossing my fingers and putting my faith in the good Dr.

Will let you guys know how it goes.

You will be in excellent hands with Dr. Shapiro. He was one of my top five choices. Best of luck and keep us updated.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Son111,

I logged on when I saw your thread in order to wish you all the best.

I know all about that nervous feeling having travelled from the UK to NYC for a HT with Dr Feller.

I have heard an absolute ton of positive comments on this forum about Ron Shapiro.

Not only is he extremely skillful in what he does, I get the impression that the aftercare is spot on too.

I'm not sure whether I would make such a long trip again, I am considering closer to home this time. If I was to consider hopping across the pond though, Dr Ron Shapiro would be in my top three without doubt.

All the very best. I hope you receive more messages on the build up to the big day. Not long now.

Will you let us know how the consultation goes? What the plan is, how many grafts etc?

Kind Regards,

Jessie1

Thank you very much Jessie for your input.

I'm hoping for the best cause this was a big decision not only mentally but also financially.

I will definitely keep you updated of my progress. Based on my pictures I'm told 2500 grafts but I guess the final decision will be when I actually see the doctor.

Regards

Son

You're in great hands. No worries one bit. Would love to see some pre-op & post-op pics! Have fun!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Hey Son,

How are things?

Be sure to post an update. Maths was never my strong point (gulp!) but by my reckoning you are in the chair today?

As soon as you can, post an update about your experience.

Safe journey back to Sweden!

Jessie

Hi everyone.

This is now my 2nd day post-op. Feeling a bit numb around the donor area which is normal.

The whole experience was very nice and I felt I was in great hands from the moment I walked in the office. Everyone was very nice and professional. It is still very very early to say anything about the result of course but I have complete trust in Dr. Ron and his staff.

I will come out with some pictures as soon as possible.

Thanks everybody for your support and concern.

Regards

Sonny

Hi everyone,

Here is an update after my HT session with Dr. Ron Shapiro.

First off, I'm glad that I did my research, flew to US to have my surgery done by Dr. Ron. I was well taken care of and I'm very optimistic about my future result.

It was a great feeling for someone who was as nervous as me (not about the procedure itself but more about the outcome) to meet such an understanding and genuine doctor and team.

After discussion with Dr. Ron we decided to recreated the hairline which was lost some time ago and put most of the grafts in the mid section.

Total grafts/hairs: 3209 = 6301

1 day pre-op and one day post-op pictures.

That is it for now guys.

Slide1.jpg.fc9482e49e79e376e83da036d031e98e.jpg

Slide2.jpg.7ba1ac6dd6ceda4b4c07b53697038f73.jpg

Slide4.jpg.3982c9767b93d171636a88fc3b65dae6.jpg

Son,

The work looks clean and excellent as always with Dr. Ron. You should be anticipating a great result!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group