Hairline - tiny "problem" that makes a huge life problem

Hello,

I am 19 years-old student. In my family we don't have genetic baldness, the most far it went with a little receding hairline with my uncles.

I love my hair, I love myself etc. I had a short hair, long hair...

My problem is that on my hairline, it did recede for like a half inch and it's been like that for years so I am really not sure if it did recede or was like that always. However it became my psychosis, I am becoming obsessed with it and I will attach photo of my hair and if you guys could tell me how many follicles would Dr. needed to donate to have a beautiful child hairline, like actor Wentworth Miller (just see any Google picture). I know anyone would advise me not to do it so early because it may get worse, but none of my family are bald, this is just my obsession, and I would like to get it done and have a normal life, because this I am becoming more obsessed every day, always on the mirror...

So, how much money would that cost me? I'm asking because it would take a little follicles...

DSC01356.jpg.8ff87fd83d598606056d6e0ad9220ce1.jpg

These type of posts are always frustrating for me to answer. Not just because many of us on here are advanced NW classes and your hair looks great but you should be thankful for having essentially all of your haior still. I know at 19, its hard to have perspective but believe me, you are in great shape. Having said that, if it bothers you, then that is all that matters. You are way too young to get surgery so there is no sense in even trying to guess how many grafts you would need to fix this perceived "Problem". I would not suggest medication as it is not conclusive that you even have MPB. That Wentworth guy (Whoever that is :) has a pretty rare very immature hairline which is not at all common when one gets even in their later twenties. That is to say that even men who dont have pattern baldness will likely recede a little to a more mature hairline. I suggest you not try chasing a perfectly straite very low hairline whether you have MPD or not. My brother was like you at 19 and he is 40 now with a great thick head of hair with some recession at the temples. He does not look nor is considered bald in any way. This is just part of growing up. I know its hard since it bothers you but try embracing it and in a few years, you will realize that most of your peers will have the same hairline that you do.

Good luck

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Your hairline is transforming into an adult male hairline. Nothing wrong with that. In fact you will eventually realize that women will like you better looking as a man than a little boy. The way you are obsessing over it means to me that you will not be satisfied even if you were to get a ht.

If it makes you feel better I was a Norwood 3 when I was 19.

I've seen a lot of posts in the past wondering whether the changes in their hairline are maturing or whether it's hair loss. This is the first case that actually really does look like simple maturation. You can't fight time, nor should you want to in this case. You almost literally have too much hair as it is for an adult I would not worry about it.

Thank you all for answers, you actually made me feel a lot better and that never happens.

But that aside, if I were to decide to go along with it (which I doubt), how much follicles you think I would need and could I have a hairline like this:

http://trialx.com/curetalk/wp-content/blogs.dir/7/files/2011/04/gcelebrities/Wentworth_Miller-3.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_30PRmkOl4ro/SuGYEFVOBwI/AAAAAAAAXEM/UtKTwAJbw68/s400/jensen_ackles_5.jpg

:)

You see, its the "But that aside" that has gotten many young guys like you in trouble with HT. Do not put it "aside" and think about the above posts long and hard.

You could easily get a hairline like that with enough grafts but the potential downside is dramatic. Just because one can does not mean that one should.

I dont mean to patronize you but many of us on here have been reseaching this stuff for years and when we see a 19 year old on here with essentially perfect hair, we all have the same reaction. I guarentee you that you will not get one doc or expierienced poster on here to give you different advice than what has already been given.

I do wish you the best of luck.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

1200 for that hailing, but you wont find a doctr that will do that in the next 10 years if he is reputable.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

If you want to be obsessed with your hair then just get on fin - tho you probably don't even need it. But for the love of God don't get a hair transplant!

Edited by aaron1234

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Hi Carver,

The chose is yours of course but if you listen to the collective wisdom of members from this forum you won't go down the path of lowering your hairline.

If you do you run the risk of multiple hair transplant procedures and a LOT of money that you will waste in the future. A hairline like that at 40 won't look realistic.

Good luck with your decision.

Regards

Rod

Please listen to all these posts saying that your hair looks great and you shouldn't even THINK about surgery. Because its 100% true and nobody is going to give you a green light for surgery, not a forum user, a friend, or a reputable HT doc.

We might need a subforum for posts like these called "Hair Transplant Intervention" haha