Need help urgently

Hi all,

I have been doing research now for almost 8 months and have sent all my pictures or visited different doctors recomended on different discussions.

I am in Class 6 and would like to get a nice density back around 60-70% (since i am already using a hair piece) i have visited different doctors and they told me its impossible, however i visited ar.antonio armani and he told me that he will give my hair back because i have a good donor area. he will star with 3500 grafts on front and then after few months 3500 in the crown area. When i told him that other doctors told me that HT does not give the full density back, he said that I can put the hairs in angles and make the 3500 grafs look lke 15000 grafts so will give you more volume. I know many people in this network have critisized him but so far he is the only doctor who has given me hope. Can yoy guys please help me if u had any expereince with him?

Ofcourse i am not goin g to wake up and go do the surgery. but like many people said here he told the things that i wanted to hear. also since HT does cost a lot i need to start saving therefore more research. does anyone here have any expereince with him?

I don't know anything about the doctor you’re looking at or the doctor in this thread: Hair Restoration Site for HairToday72 but the patient seems to have a similar case. Maybe you could contact the patient and talk to him about his experience. The reality is there are not many doctors that are going to give you much hope with your advanced loss, but I am firm believer that nothing is impossible. Just proceed with extreme caution and gather as much information as possible.

To be perfectly honest, in my opinion you can save 40k, since Armani s that preposterously overpriced and save your scalp from big time FUE scarring from the volume and either accept a shaved head or a adopt a hair system that is aesthetically pleasing, i think your expectation unfortunately cannot be met and you will be disappointed, risk much time and treasure and not be satisfied, possibly even scarred in an undesirable manner. I apologize for the lack of a silver lining but transplant is not appropriate for everybody, especially advanced hairloss.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Look elsewhere Ryan123... there is such a thing as false hope.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Thank you Aaaron1234, great job and speegs .

the thing is i want density, from what i have read in this forum i dont want to go under HT and still my scalp shows so i guess I will wait and do me reasearch untill some new technology comes onboard. I am still 27 and i can hide my head with a hairpeice for another 3 to 4 years and style it the way i want Another thing is that I have contacted most doctors that were recomened on this site and they have all given me the same answer that you guys did except for Dr. Armani who is not recommended on this site and told and showed me things that i wanted to hear and see.

Confused Ryan.

All the best guys and this forum is AMAZING

cheers all.

If the hairloss has advanced to a point where the cosmetic result is not worth the process than yes, that person should reconsider. Norwood 7s for example can technically have the procedure done, they have donor supply, but they don't have enough to give them the look they are striving for and paying for, so for their sake they should walk away. That's why many doctors simply won't perform the treatment on the patient because it's not ethical.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

thing is that I have contacted most doctors that were recomened on this site and they have all given me the same answer that you guys did

There is a reason for this because it’s true. If all the respected doctors are telling you this I suggest you listen. It may not be what you want to hear but acting on impulse and emotion may leave you in a worse place than you are in right now. Bad doctors prey on your vulnerability and willingness to grasp at any hope of improving your situation. Take a look around and search on this site for Norwood 6 cases. It will give you a realistic idea of what is possible.

Edited by greatjob

so what everyone is saying is that hair transplants are not for people with advanced hairloss//?
young men have higher expectations than older men and a 27 year old would not be happy with the outcome when they have unfortunately been hit by near absolute alopecia at such a young age. had he been able to get on finasteride immediately the story might be different.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Asian hair - i guess that is the case, there is still no solution for advanced hair loss and i think they money that you spend to go from fully bald to semi bald is just useless.

in peoples eyes if you do not have enough hair to cover your scalp, you are bald. I dont udnerstand, people are landing on the moon and with all this technology we still havent fixed this problem. Another thing i dont understand is that how I see pictures on most clinics website is that someone from Norwood's 7 is gone to full hair. Shouldnt be some sort of organisation to report these false advertisings?

Did Armani say what he meant by you having good donor? he is correct that what you do is place the grafts in a way to mimic good density but you don't ever achieve native density. I know of a nw6 who had above average donor density and with that and some beard grafts was able to get a full restoration with fue. I have seen him in person and it's quite amazing. You should be talking to the docs are known for doing the larger cases to see what they say can be done for you. Just as a couple examples if you are considering strip, H&W should be on your list. For fue, Bisanga. There are others too. But if these top docs can't give you what you want, then it's unlikely that a doc who isn't considered a top doc would be able to.

Edited by Levrais

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Hi,

I guess considering that you are 27 years of age and wish to have full coverage then a hair transplant really isn't an option for you at this stage.

I recently turned 50 years old and until last year I was at a guess a Norwood VI. I had HT surgery August 2010 and had 3743 grafts going from the front of the forehead to the top of the crown. I've had a great result and whilst I'll never have a full head of hair I look 10 years younger than photographs that I had taken in my early 40's.

Good luck I hope it works out for you.

Regards

Rod