9.5 months pics:1000 Fue Dr Feller: not good so far

jessie1

Edit: I see that "hairbest" has posted on this topic and while he's a new member, I see nothing offensive about his statements. Furthermore, his IP address does not match that of Ank's or anyone elses. Thus, I see no real evidence to suggest that he's a fictitious poster. However, members of this community are welcome to draw their own conclusions about this.

Corvettester, all members (even newbies) are entitled to their opinions. However, I agree that if it's evidenced that new posters are fakes trying to favor a particular topic towards one side or another, then these members will be removed. As moderators of this community, we're always on the lookout for this but do request that if you spot potential troublemakers, that you send one of us a private message to investigate it further.

Bill,

I was just using Ank and Hairbest as examples. I have no doubt that you, Blake and David take such matters very seriously as you have already proven to myself and the community on several occasions that such behavior will not be tolerated. I was speaking in general and used Ark and Hairbest because they are the two most recent accounts that I personally suspect.

I was simply making a public service announcement to the community. The HTN tends to get these "drive-by" posters about once a month or so and you never know who is going to be their victim, whether doctor or patient. I think it's important to call them out especially so that new members can see how moderators handle such situations and protect the community from malicious posters.

As moderator of the HTN, I respect the position that you must have evidence before taking any actions. This is completely understandable and a credit to the transparency of the HTN.

Again, kudos to you, Black and David because I've seen how efficient, shrewd and judicious you three can be in addressing such posters.

Why then, should we host a second discussion of the same patient's experience and results which is sure to be a repeat of what's already been discussed?

To answer your question, I view the two topics as very distinct form one another. To me, one is a result update, thus belonging in the Results Posted by Patients Section; while the other is about an overall experience, thus belonging in the Surgeon Experience Review Section.

However, your points are well taken. After you explained your reasoning, I can now see why you decided to merge them: so as to not confuse the community. After all, the original post was still being commented on 6 weeks after it's initial posting.

Thanks for clearing that up. I hope my difference in opinion was not poorly taken.

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill it's not hard to change your ip mine changes ever time in unplug my modem. If you have a static ip you can just use another computer. It's quite clear they're fake posters but they do make good points!

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Bill it's not hard to change your ip mine changes every time in unplug my modem. If you have a static ip you can just use another computer. It's quite clear they're fake posters but they do make good points!

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I post my comments from both work and at home so my ip changes too...

I think you have to prove that these guys are shills or whatever you want to call them before drawing conclusions on whether they're fake posters or not.

Give them the benefit of doubt... after all anybody should have the liberty to post their opinions on any subject as lon as they comply with the TERMS and conditions of this community

Corv i have my own agenda regarding you and feller that i have already spoken to you about but i have to say these drive by posters are clearly people who think the same but are too scared to reveal there real posting aliases.

Bonkers,

I think that you're mistaken...

If these "drive-by" posters agree with you, but are too scared to reveal their identities, then why are there so many of them, over so many various issues, attacking so many different doctors and members... 99% of which have nothing to do with me or Feller?

And why would they be "scared?" Cowardly, yes, but not scared. There is nothing I nor anyone can do to them...

I've been a member of the HTN about 10 months. I've seen dozens of these first-time, drive-by posters. From what I've seen, the most of them attempt to attack and discredit H&W or SMG... which is a sin! Sometimes they're subtle, other times outright vicious...

To tell you the truth, I feel like they do far more harm and virtually no good to the doctors that they allegedly support. I mean, anyone who has been on the HTN more than a month can see them for what they truly are. Personally, I have my suspicions about Hairbest and Ark. What's more, I honestly feel like they are maligning Dr. Feller's reputation.

Who would want to be associated with them?

I apologize if I've gone too far off topic...

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

I post my comments from both work and at home so my ip changes too...

I think you have to prove that these guys are shills or whatever you want to call them before drawing conclusions on whether they're fake posters or not.

Give them the benefit of doubt... after all anybody should have the liberty to post their opinions on any subject as lon as they comply with the TERMS and conditions of this community

Aseda,

Your points are well taken.

I'm all for giving people the benefit of the doubt. However, we shouldn't let malicious posters take advantage of our goodwill. Some cases are so egregiously bad, that they merit special attention.

I think Ark is a perfect example of such posters. Also, the poster who was bashing H&W two months ago, claiming that they were cutting donors strips too high among other things...

You'll see these posters join only to make one or two comments... and never be heard from again! It's just too obvious!

That isn't freedom of speech, that is using freedom of speech to manipulate and pervert the system. It's not different from running into a crowded theatre and shouting "Fire! Fire!"

Corvettester

Jessie,

While I'm not privy to any of the conversations you've had with Dr. Feller and/or Spex behind the scenes, each physician provides their patients with a consent form outlining all the potential advantages, disadvantages and risks of the procedure prior to undergoing surgery. Thus, at the very least, I trust you knew what you were getting yourself into the day of your follicular unit extraction hair transplant with Dr. Feller. That said, I do think that perhaps clinics should provide prospective patients with a copy of their consent form in advance in order for them to think it over more thoroughly before making a final decision.

Based on the photos that Dr. Feller provided, it does look like you've had a successful outcome of the procedure. I know you aren't convinced that you've had total growth, but it seems that by your own photos, that you've also experienced additional hair loss. Unfortunately, this is a very real possibility of why your hair looks thinner, especially behind the hairline, which I believe was the only area worked on at the time of the procedure.

Because male pattern baldness is progressive, subsequent procedures are often needed to maintain a natural and dense looking head of hair. Unfortunately, additional hair loss is a very real possibility which is why patients and physicians should not only discuss the patient's first procedure, but formulate a long term plan in meeting a patient's long term hair restoration goals.

Is there a possibility that some of the grafts didn't grow? Absolutely. But it does appear based on the photos that you've had substantial growth and a nicely refined hairline when styled and combed properly. Note that because hair transplants are an art of illusion (hence the popular term "illusion of density"), even the best hair transplant purposely disheveled will appear thin.

I genuinely don't believe that Dr. Feller or Spex purposely wronged you in any way. In fact, I believe you said he was still offering you a discount on another procedure. However, if you no longer have the trust in Dr. Feller to meet your long term goals, I suggest consulting with other leading surgeons who can possibly help you meet your goals.

Additionally, if you aren't using any non-surgical hair loss treatments already, I strongly suggest that you consider getting on Propecia (finasteride) and/or Rogaine (minoxidil) in order to potentially slow down, stop or even reverse your progression of hair loss. Because these medications come with the possibilit of side effects, be sure to speak to a physician and research each treatment thoroughly before starting them.

Best wishes in moving forward in restoring your hair,

Bill

Fair point, i hate drive bys but i just read a couple of comments from them saying what i said the other day which enforced it more in my head as for some reason there's only me and them believe it or will say it out loud. Even though you have said you don't have a personal agenda every time i see a feller bad thread you seem to be all over it and it just becomes more and more apparent. But hey whatever it's not got anything to do with me really i just like things to be real and up front.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Guest Ian512017155

Even though I haven’t commented lately; I read these threads every day. I would like to say that I have feel Dr. Feller is a very good doctor, I have seen a lot of his results and have “talked” to him on here several times and he is a wealth of knowledge. Now having said that I strongly feel there has to be a problem internally with this business structure. I state this because of all the bad complaints or allege bad results he has had lately. Now people will say that every good doctor has a bad result from time to time, that’s true and he does a lot of surgeries again this is true; however, so does Rahal, Hassen & Wong etc.

Opinions vary on the end results, some of these cases; had in my opinion good reason to complain other results I seen look very good in my humble opinion. However, every one of these cases ALL have stated and complained about poor communication with Dr. Feller and Spex etc.

It’s been allege that some of these people have devious agendas, maybe some people do; however, in no way do all of these complaints have agendas. I would dare to say a good majority of these complaints have a VALID reason to complain, about something, it maybe the results or in all cases the communication or miscommunications of Dr. Fellers business.

Ultimately the “preferable buck” stops with Dr. Feller, he does the hiring, firing, and he is the man in charge of his business. So at the end of the day if its determine to be a bad result he is at fault, if there is a miscommunication which has been stated in every case; among his staff he is at fault even though he might not even been part of the commination process.

I will admit that I have an agenda my agenda is to hope that every patient is ultimately happy in the end and hope that Dr. Feller fixes the problem with his miscommunication of his business, because it’s clear by every one of these complaints that there has be a problem. Even if some of these complaints are bogus the sad fact is not every one of them are and they all address the same issues time after time.

When Spex agreed that the result was poor and that FUE had clearly not worked out for me I was actually quite shocked, whilst feeling guilty that I had been so suspicious. Spex examined my hair and commented that my hairline looked sparse and that although there had been growth, The HT had not yielded the results that he would have expected from 1000 FUE. He agreed that there was an issue with the density and genuine awkward looking appearance of it.

Spex and I also agreed that there had been some native loss in the zone behind my hairline, particularly in the forelock area. I asked Spex if that had surprised him, bearing in mind that this was no revelation. I had pointed this out to Spex in our initial consultation in which he agreed at the time that this needed addressing and was confident that Dr Feller would be able to achieve this. I outlined my concerns to Spex that I felt that my approach was not right and would never have realistically achieved my goals bearing in mind that Dr Feller did not address the areas that we had discussed.

Spex put a huge amount of emphasis on the uncertainties of FUE and was very very critical of it. So much so I was almost knocked over as to how negative he was sounding about it in comparison to his initial consultation. He rubbished FUE and said that he was one of the’ lucky ones’. Spex said that he would relay my concerns to Dr Feller but any negotiation as to a second procedure would be a matter for Dr Feller and I to discuss.

On the subject of a second procedure Spex went into great depth as to what my requirements were. Again, I felt inspired again. He said that this time I needed a strip procedure in order to hit the hairline and unstable region behind it and ‘get it sorted once and for all’. The zone identified was about 4 cms from my hairline backwards. Spex then took some photographs and later that evening got in touch with me and asked me to provide him with wet pics...

In light of what Spex said about my result, and claiming to be an unbiased patient advocate I feel that that he has not supported either myself or Dr Feller, following Dr Feller's post in which he vehemently defends the result and made comments in which Spex in fairness will know flyin the face of reality.

Many of us here on the HTN can speculate as to the true nature of Jessie’s result based on the photos that he or Dr. Feller posted. I won’t bother giving my opinion because at this point, it’s irrelevant.

There are only two people on the HTN that have actually seen the results in person, up close and personal: Jessie and Spex. Both of whom are in a really strong position to know if it is a quality result or not, as Jessie has to live with it everyday and Spex, as a professional, has examined it closely in person…

According to Jessie1’s last post, both he and Spex agree that it is a poor result. This says it all…

What’s really troubling is that, according to Jessie, Spex declared himself to be "one of the lucky ones." I didn’t think that in 2011 FUE depended on luck. The fact that Spex was so Gung-ho about FUE before Jessie agreed to undergo his HT, only later to reverse his stance after acknowledging Jessie's poor result, is unfortunate as well.

Lastly, I’m really surprised that Spex has not made a single post on this thread. This is very unusual as he is the most prolific poster on the HTN, not including moderators. Thus, I encourage him to do so...

Since Spex has seen Jessie's result in person, he is clearly in a position to know the true nature of it. Why not advocate on behalf of Jessie to his employer, Dr. Feller? If not, in my opinion, this is tantamount to leaving him out in the cold...

Corvettester

Corvettester,

For the record, I don't have a problem with people creating new topics when appropriate. In fact, some patients create a new topic every couple of months to update this community on their progress while others piggyback on the original topic. However given that both the doctor and patient shared their sides of the story regarding Jessie's experience including photos, it made no sense to allow a second topic so all the same photos and points of view can be re-illustrated. Monitoring and replying to 2 topics featuring the same discussion creates more work and confusion for everyone. Thus, this is why these two topics were merged. Note that I've implemented the same procedure for other non-controversial topics when appropriate.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi guys,

I have changed the title of the thread as the content is moving away from my 9.5 month pics. I am approaching the 11 month mark. The thread has now drawn interest about the overall experience, after all this was posted in the surgeon review section. Bill has advised against my action to create a new thread but suggested editing it if i wished.

Thanks for the continued messages of support: appreciated.

I am grateful to others that have picked up on some of my concerns.

My only agenda here is to present my experience and raise awareness. I have no agenda against Dr Feller and these views are my own and not intended to deter anybody from considering Dr Feller.

Having submitted my side of the story, I take great offence at the fact that Dr Feller has made me out to be somebody out to 'strong arm' him into getting a free procedure. This couldn't be further from the truth and is a huge attack on my character. I hope that the truth prevails on this. All I wanted him to do is stand by me and support me.

People will make what they will of the pics and the result. This is purely subjective. Dr Feller may have a different opinion on the result but it is a fact that he has not invited me to examine to result for himself.

Please can i respectfully add that the thread is kept civil and on track. I'm sure I speak for Dr Feller that neither of us want fake posters and offensive comments. Both of us are remaining civil despite completely different views on my experience and result.

One point that I feel needs to be addressed in support of Dr Feller so as not to unfairly attack his reputaion. I signed a disclaimer on the day of the surgery. I signed it knowing the uncertainties of the surgery etc etc. As far as I am aware this was a typical disclaimer. Having signed this I accept that I gave Dr Feller informed consent.

My only issue with the disclaimer, and this is not just a matter involving dr Feller, is that it would be extremely helpful to see this disclaimer in advance of the surgery and I agree with Bill on this issue. Perhpas that could be a separate topic in itself which Bill could look at?

Perhaps Dr Feller include some comments on this in his next post. It would benefit many of us and would certainly assist with communication.

Hope that clarifys the issue even if this offers little relevance to my experience, but nevertheless, an important issue to clear up.

Thanks in anticipation,

Jess

Jessi sorry to hear about your poor experience but put things in perspective you have not been buthchered nor do you have scarring or pitted grafts etc so another procedeur will sort you out,i had to get 3 punch out sessions on my hairline after a poor fue just to get back to baseline so its not the end of the world for you although i understand your frustration especially the way things have escalated.

I have one question for dr feller..the non transplanted area that has thinned out that jessie is not happy with why wasnt this area addressed in the op?i realise hairloss is progressive but this area must obviously have been some bit thin when jessie had surgery,terminal looking hair even though not permanent hair can surely not have thinned out from terminal looking to what it is now in just 10months,imo this area should have been addressed if it showed a certain degree of miniturization.

Mars,

Cheers for your comments. Dr Feller has definitely not butchered me, I looked at myself post Op and saw that the surgery was neat and tidy. I have been careful to make a point of this, I'm trying to remain fair, whilst sharing my honest experience about how I was dealt with when I tried to go down the support route. It's been farsical.

You seem to have something in common with me Mars, I was butchered in my very first HT. This was a strip procedure with a UK clinic. Awful experience. The second strip wasn't much better either. I appreciate that you seem to have been through it big time and far worse than I have...

Things have escalated for sure, with deep regret might I add.

Hope you are where you want to be now having endured what you have.

Appreciate your comments,

Jess

Didnt realise you had previous surgeries,its not a fun place being a repair patient.

I would not regret a thing if i were you,if spex said what you said he did then thats the end of discussion for me,theirs no coming back for dr feller from that,he hasnt a leg to stand on now as far as im concerned,he's still a great doc tho but its more of his attitude that bothers me,have never seen him hold his hands up and accept responsibility when a patient of his is unhappy whether its with the surgery or aftercare.

Thanks for comments and i hope you get to where you want to be too.

Mars,

The hair in the forelock did not exhibit noticable thinning or miniturization at the time of his visit. A look at the preop photographs easily supports this.

Indeed, transplanting that area might have subjected it to shockloss.

You are incorrect with respect to quick hair loss. Losing a forelock in ten months time is not unusual. Hair loss is rarely linearly progressive, rather it occurs in fits and spurts which are often unpredictable. In fact, the forelock area behind the transplants is not gone, but massively miniturized. Had he come in today I would have recommended to fill that area as well.

Secondly, Jessie insisted on an FUE procedure and in doing so knowingly limited himself to the number of grafts he could receive when compared to a strip surgery.

If he had decided to go with a strip, we would have discussed chancing shock loss through the forelock and chose to either fill it or wait until it receded on its own. This is standard practice across the industry, and a good one.

All of this was discussed in detail with him prior to his procedure by both me and Spex and memorialized in writing on the day of his procedure, a document to which he wilfully affixed his signature.

Furthermore, Jessie had financial issues that limited the amount of money available for surgery. While he could have received more than twice the number of grafts for less money via strip, he nevertheless insisted on FUE because of his two poor prior strip surgeries performed elsewhere. Considering he had practically no growth from either I completely understood his choice.

Jessie,

You mentioned the "support route" can you please tell me what that is and what it means?

Indeed, transplanting that area might have subjected it to shockloss.

You are incorrect with respect to quick hair loss. Losing a forelock in ten months time is not unusual.

Well first off I'm not a drive by poster , this is my first post in years and I have no idea what my login was.

I was on this forum daily in the old "Armani days" listening to the utter BS spread by Shane, Pats and host of other Armani characters. Dr Feller used to go nuts explaining why those guys were full of it and he was 100% correct.

Ok, back to this thread.

I can't believe it took so long for someone to mention shock loss, I need ( hair greed according to Dr Shapiro) a small hairline transplant and that is what's holding me back. I realize Dr Feller sees a lot of patients and knows much more about this than I do. I'm not sure how old the OP is but what are the chances of his hair thinning that much behind the HT in the ten months since surgery ? I mean his hair loss just happened to come right after surgery ?

Shock loss does happen so it's not the Drs fault but how about we wait it out 6 months and see if it grows back adding Propecia and Rogaine foam ( it worked on my hairline) to the mix ( if he's not already using it) and see what happens ?

One thing I don't understand is the OP insisting on FUE, if he was butchered as he said ( I don't see that in the before pics) I'm sure Dr Feller could have made his scar much better and he could have got twice as many grafts.

Edited by Profoam

Mars,

Jessie claims Spex misled him. That is untrue. If he could convince me that Spex lied to him, then I would cut loose from Spex myself. But Spex has a ten year reputation of giving accurate and detailed information to potential patients and the omissions that he claimed Spex made in their pre op discussions just isn't believable. Spex has credibility with me and on this forum, Jessie has not earned that. So Spex gets the benefit of the doubt. Furthermore, Spex has no motivation to lie or omit information, Jessie does.

As for my attitude, I can no more judge your attitude from an online forum than you can judge mine. But if you wish, spend a day with me in my office and find out what I'm about. Spex did that and it began a ten year long friendship and collaboration. Pat Hennessey did this and wrote an extremely favorable review of me, my attitude, and my business. There must be a hundred of my patients online by now who have written that I have a friendly down to earth attitude. It may or may not be true, but how could you know?

Regardless, many surgeons are accused of having poor attitudes. So what? This is surgery, not a social event and has no bearing at all on the work or the result. Patients don't decide on me because of my attitude, but my proven techniques, results, and experience. I have a reputation for being brutally honest, and while some people find this a bitter pill to swollow, I have found this to be the best policy.

You wrote:

"... (I) have never seen him hold his hands up and accept responsibility when a patient of his is unhappy whether its with the surgery or aftercare.

You're right Mars. You haven't, and I never will. It's interesting that you use the phrase "hold his hands up" because when patients make demands of my generosity online they may as well be telling me "stick 'em up and give me something for free", the exact same way a criminal would. Hold my hands up indeed.

I know other doctors cower and duck for cover when an "unhappy" patient comes online with complaints. They usually give whatever the patient wants to shut them up fast, and of course that's exactly what the unhappy patient planned all along. But whether it's a free surgery or a refund, the vocal online patient usually signs a non-disclosure agreement and nothing is heard thereafter on the thread. Is this fair to the rest of the online community? A doctor you think is compasionate may really just be paying off his patients to shut up. Is that the doctor YOU would want to go to? Not me. I don't work in the shadows and make deals with patients to shut up. None of my patients have ever had to sign a non-disclosure agreement in exchange for silence.

Do I give free surgeries or massively discounted surgeries away and other acts of charity? Yes. But I don't advertise it online and I never will. I don't need nor want accolades from anonymous people for my generosity to others. I am not a selfless altruist and despise the thought of ever being considered one.

As for Jessie1, he has written a tome of unsupported statements and emotional rhetoric on this thread about his experience with me. However, I never read a single word of complaint written by him on any forum about either of the two UK doctors who performed his pitifully failed surgeries. Doesn't anybody find that strange?

My surgery on him was world class FUE, the most difficult HT surgery known to man, and it grew successfully. Yet his other doctors literally failed him and scarred him for nothing, yet not one single thread was dedicated to them by Jessie. Shouldn't he be "educating" the community about the details of the REAL bad guys?

One of the reasons he didn't bother making a thread about his other doctors is because he knows those doctors wouldn't read it and have no connection to this forum. There is no leverage over them to be gained and no satisfaction in maligning their reputations. And this is why you might see more negative press about me online compared to other comparable doctors. Unlike them, I actually participate online myself. They don't. And in doing so I open myself up to FAR more criticism and personal attack. Most doctors either feel this forum is simply beneath them and not worth their time; or, they are terrified of being singled out by some nut with an agenda.

Mars, I accept full responsibility for what I do before, during, and after surgery. Everything I do is either up to the standard level of care in the industry or even higher. If you or anyone can point out where I failed to live up to the letter of the agreement between me and any of my patients I'm all ears. But to date, nobody has.

I do not guarantee happiness. It is too subjective, open ended, and way too easy to abuse. I know of no business that gurantees happiness, and in the end I'm running a business to make a profit, not a charity. If a patient is unhappy and he makes an appeal to me, I'll work with him and will usually offer another procedure at a discount or some other deal, but if that person goes online and complains first and then comes to me thinking he's got leverage over me, he just lost any compasion I might have for him and his situation.

Profoam,

You are dead on right.

But Jessie did not experience shockloss because it would have happened within the first 6 weeks after his surgery. He had no such complaint. Furthmore, if it were shockloss, the hair would be thikening by now, not miniturizing. He just has classic genetic hair loss. Nothing more nothing else.

And if he were prone to shock loss his two other surgeries, which were far more traumatic than mine, would have cause it. But they didn't. The smart money is on androgenic alopecia.

If all you need is some hairline fill, like Jessie, then remember that they are mostly one hair follciles and therefore cause very little trauma. The chances of it causing shockloss are near nil.

Thank you for chiming in.

A few things that Dr Feller has wrote there maybe a little upsetting for people who like the whole customer care yes sir mumbo jumbo softly softly talk but frankly I want to be spoken to truthly and honestly wether it upsets me or not and I like the way he talks there's no smoke and mirrors which makes things he says look a bit abrupt and gives off signals that he has a bad attitude but It's a lot like do you want a girl tech that treats you like a caring mother that let's you wriggle around in your operating chair or do you want a stern tech that keeps telling you to shut up and sit straight, I know what I want because my objective is hair not a good time.

With regards to the Ht in question I do feel there has been a good improvement between the 9.5 month pictures and the recent pictures but photos can be deceiving so it's really hard to call I find my self sitting on the fence with it now.

Bill with respect there should be 2 threads here 1 for his result update and 1 for his final experience the only reason why there isn't is because they're negative threads. Saying you're joining them to make it easier to moderate is not a excuse when you're moderating hundred of posts anyway. I'd bet my house if they were 2 good threads they'd be separate still.

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Your surgery went extremely well, especially for an FUE procedure, .

Spex put a huge amount of emphasis on the uncertainties of FUE and was very very critical of it. So much so I was almost knocked over as to how negative he was sounding about it in comparison to his initial consultation. He rubbished FUE and said that he was one of the’ lucky ones’.

Dr Feller 1000 FUE sept 2010

OK, here is the thing, I am considering a FUE in the near future. I have been reading a lot of posts in this forum regarding FUE, and many suggest Dr. Feller and list him as one of the best doctors to go to when it comes to FUE.

To be honest, After reading this post thoroughly, I don't see how Dr. Feller is being recommended for this kind of surgery because to me it seems like he himself does not believe in it and has doubts about the outcome. Not only him, but according to jessie, also Dr. Feller's consultant (Spex) believes that the success of FUE depends on LUCK!!!!!

I have contacted some of the other recommended surgeons who perform FUT and FUE and they assure me that the outcome of both will be similar and the density will actually be almost the same, the only difference is that in FUT one day session will be enough, while in FUE i need 2 or 3 sessions (2 to 3 days) to complete the job since there is a limited number of grafts they can extract in each session. also of course the FUE will cost much more.

So based on that, i believe Dr. Feller should only be recommended for FUT (which he might be excellent at) but not FUE.

people who are looking to perform FUE are looking for a doctor that believes he can get the same result like FUT specially since they will be paying way extra for that.

Regards,

Edited by aim4hair

It's news to me that fue wasn't very effective I had decent growth done by a proper uk rough neck who couldnt even extract properly he even left some grafts under my donor skin and pushed one into my skull which he left there but it grew well for the amount of grafts I had. My point is if a plonker like that who can't extract can make hair grow surely feller who is imo top 5 surgeons in the world should have no problem.

Dr Feller what did you mean when you said it grew well for fue are you saying fue grafts have less chance of survival or they don't regrow back to the full thickness after being transplanted?

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

FUE can be very effective, if performed responsibly and properly. Jessie's own result at 10.5 months is clear testiment of that.

It's a fact, however, that growth yields for FUE are consistently lower when compared to their strip counterpart. That is a well established fact of FUE. Unlike strip surgery, FUE grafts go through extreme trauma when being removed and thus may, and do, usually result in a lower yield. I and many other doctors have tried to minimize the damage through exprience, practice and the manufacture of tools dedicated to FUE, but the lower growth yields are still prevelant.

If you look at the number of online successful FUE results compared to online strip results you will see a huge disproportion favoring Strip. There is a reason for that.

Also, in terms of numbers, it is physically impossible to get as many FUE grafts in a single day as compared to strip and thus all FUE procedures are small in number compared to the number of grafts obtainable via strip.

FUE is a great procedure, and it has it's place. Jessie's case was just such an appropriate case. But continued hairloss beyond the transplant zone is a fact of life and just requires more procedures. He precluded himself from strip surgery because of his too poor prior experiences in the UK. That's certainly understandable.

Strip surgery is still the gold standard for HT. I don't know about other states, but if a physician in NY state does not inform a patient of what I just wrote they can be taken to task for failing to give informed consent which is both civilly and criminally actionable.

Edited by Dr. Alan Feller

Bonker,

Go back and reread my posts as to why I merged these two topics. Nowhere did I claim that it was because it was easier to moderate and I resent your implication. The fact is that all points of view, posts and photos surrounding Jessie's experience have already been posted on this thread. Jessie's new more recent post was directly related to everything that was already discussed and thus, hosting two discussions and forcing everyone to repeat themselves is pointless and creates more work for them. This refers to everyone including the patient, physician and members.

You don't have to agree with me, but you do have to respect my decision.

Bill