Can't decide Dr Barrera or Arocha in Houston

Hello fellow hair network friends I'm a Norwood 3, and could use some help deciding which doc to get to help? I've gotten a cyst removed by Barrera before and he was very nice! Just wondered if arocha may be my guy due to all the great work I've seen on here:)

Thanks for any input...

I have never had a surgery with either but I like Dr. Arocha's work very very much. If I were in Texas, he would be the man.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

hi, i'm currently a NW3 and also in Texas. I'm still relatively a noob, but will share the following advice.

1) determine what your ideals and goals are. Also any constraints (i.e. is a small scar acceptable to you or not).

2) go through hairlossexperiences.com, this site, and others through google search and look at before and 10 month+ post operation pictures. take a broad sampling of photos bearing in mind that the photos represent a combination of patient + doctor preferences.

Find 1 or 2 physicians that you feel might best deliver on your expectations, goals, etc.

3) now take into account logistics, costs, travel distance, etc.

4) run by your final thoughts on this forum and others.

5) confirm your plan and execute.

I did an in person consult with Dr. Arocha. Nice guy. However, i did not feel he would be able to best deliver upon my expectations. What it boils down to me is, b/c I'm still relatively young, I want that thick density with hair growing from different angles. There is one physician in N. America that I feel might best deliver upon my specific needs. Maybe 2.

Arocha, although convenient is not generally considered (based on results) to be in the top 5 of the world. There are at least 2 physicians in N. America that are. That being said, I know convenience is a big factor, but I'd still place that at the #3 spot when weighted. just my opinion, and feel free to message me. BTW, between the two, I think the consensus on the board is clear, Arocha. Al he does his HT, whereas Barrerra does other procedures as well.

good luck

Arocha, although convenient is not generally considered (based on results) to be in the top 5 of the world.

Recedingboy, by whose standards?

There is no such thing as an objective "top 5 surgeons" list. Everyone has their own opinion on this and each person's list varies. This can be seen on a number of topics where members have asked about the "best" surgeon and each response includes a list of 5 different doctors.

Hairnomo,

In my opinion, both Dr. Arocha and Dr. Barrera are doing high quality work. Dr. Arocha is also doing larger sessions of ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation when appropriate for the patient which is why he's a member of the Coalition of Independent Coalition Physicians.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks Bill those are some very good points. Dr. Arocha is in quite a few "top five lists." These lists vary amongst the different members of the community. You can check more about it here:Bernardino A. Arocha, M.D., ABHRS Hair Transplant Surgeon in Houston, Texas

For a different perspective from another angle, one can Google hair transplant reviews in either Houston or Dallas to learn what actual patients who have gone through the procedure have to say.

Hope this helps,

Richard11

Employed by Dr. Bernard Arocha.

Dr. Arocha is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I'm a pretty big fan of Dr. Arocha. He seems to present pretty dense results.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

• 7 months later...

I have seen a lot of impressive results by Dr. Arocha and think you should give him very serious consideration. I also agree with Bill that everyone has their own list of "top" surgeons, but most people here have only been to one doctor and can only really relate to their own experience. There are a lot of great surgeons recommended here, including Dr. Arocha. It is important to do a lot of research and match the doctor that best fits your needs and your comfort level. I do recommend consulting with several and finding the one that you are the most comfortable with. With Dr. Arocha being so close to you he should be at or near the top of your list. I am not really familiar with Dr. Barerra's work.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

I really like Dr Arocha. He and his staff are very genuine. I've recently had the pleasure of speaking with Kira and is extremely helpful and genuine. Dr Arocha would certainly get a visit.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

I like Arocha's work. He is also an artist and it looks like he applies that skill set to his HT work in designing hairlines.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 2 weeks later...

orlhair, NHP and hairthere,

Thanks for thinking of Dr. Arocha! You are correct, he is well-known for his artistic hairlines. He translates his love for art into designing hairlines. I'm curious to know what hairnomo's final decision was :)

~Kira

Employed by Dr. Bernard Arocha. Dr. Arocha is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.